...life can be translucent

Menu

Lease renewal - Hex 48.3.5 > 7

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope all is well. In August my current lease is ending. I want to contact my landlords already and ask about extending it for another year, as the rental situation in Dublin is pretty dodgy. I asked the Oracle whether I should ask them and mention whether we can stay with the current rent amount. I received:
Hex 48.3.5 > 7
I also asked the Oracle whether I should NOT mention about the rent amount at all and received:
Hex 1.6 > 43
(Which I read as being somewhat unfortunate, and the I Ching saying that I should avoid this option.)Finally, I asked whether I should ask about the rent amount, but in a somewhat vague, open way - and received
Hex 17.1 > 45
Which option do you guys view as the most favorable? This is a very important thing for me.

D

diamanda

Hi MrKind,

If these were my readings about staying at a rented place, I would definitely go with the first option.

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
To me, the first one sounds like without knowing you and your circumstances better, they may just treat you as all the rest. I like the third one better because it sounds more "relationship" (45) oriented which may be more favorable given the opportunity to build rapport over time (17).

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
To me, the first one sounds like without knowing you and your circumstances better, they may just treat you as all the rest. I like the third one better because it sounds more "relationship" (45) oriented which may be more favorable given the opportunity to build rapport over time (17).
Thank you, and well yes I'm also wondering between either first or third option.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I will go with the 3rd option as there were some bad readings in the one with the Well hexagram... let's see what happens! :]

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Why is it such a delicate issue to ask if the conditions can stay the same? To me it's a normal and reasonable question.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you -- but that still doesn't answer the question why you think that it is so delicate to ask about the future conditions? Did I miss anything? :confused:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Well they might assume me being arrogant to suggest it and just deciding to say bye bye to me.. I sensed they are good people albeit we had that bad experience with the beetle invasion early on.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
48.3 The need for communication - so this seems encouraging for talking to the landlords now.
48.5 This sounds like you can talk everything over to good effect.
So it doesn't seem wrong to discuss the rent however that doesn't mean they won't raise it. Especially because
7. The Army could be referring to the hoards of others looking to find a rental.

Personally, just as a negotiating tactic, I wouldn't be the first to mention the rent. Assume it will stay the same unless they bring it up.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
48.3 The need for communication - so this seems encouraging for talking to the landlords now.
48.5 This sounds like you can talk everything over to good effect.
So it doesn't seem wrong to discuss the rent however that doesn't mean they won't raise it. Especially because
7. The Army could be referring to the hoards of others looking to find a rental.

Personally, just as a negotiating tactic, I wouldn't be the first to mention the rent. Assume it will stay the same unless they bring it up.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Well they might assume me being arrogant to suggest it and just deciding to say bye bye to me.. I sensed they are good people albeit we had that bad experience with the beetle invasion early on.

Well how bad that the situation of landlords nowadays is so powerful that you can't even ask normal questions on organisational things without fearing that this may be a tactical mistake.

I'd go with rosadas suggestion:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I appreciate it :) I think my answer wasn't too perfect as I didn't assumed or suggested that it will stay the same but simply asked that "if I will stay for another year if the conditions will remain the same" it's still three months before lease expiration date in August so they can think about it. I believe that wouldn't be too nice to increase it especially after the beetles and the fact that I'm already paying much more over what is worth (due to rental situation) but then again that's just business and we aren't friends so.. Who knows what to expect. But I believe that they can appreciate a good tenant and the universe will support the case 😉

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
To rent out flats is a risky thing, if you have bad luck as a landlord and have a tenant who doesn't pay for months and/or destroys the flat it will be very expensive. So if you proved to be reliable and even pay a high price already then I don't see any reason why they should throw you out.

Btw I find it terrible how rightless tenants in Ireland are :( The rental market situation in Germany is bad as well now -- but at least no landlord could throw out a tenant who fulfills the contract without proving that they need the flat urgently for themselves or their close relatives. Even short-term lets that were previously agreed upon are not legitimate if the landlord can't give a good reason for the time limitation.

Last edited:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Oh dear I thought it was much better in Germany... at least there are some regulations! Here they can say ''I want to refurbish the flat'' and thats a game over basically!I just received a reply to my email I sent to them:"Hope you are enjoying the weekend and the sunshine. Could we call you during the week to have a chat about this as we have visitors at the moment? We have not made any plans yet about it and are happy to have you there for longer, as long as we don't have to sell it for any reason. There would not be any rent increase either. "I am grateful for this :) Of course there's this small 'but if we decide to sell it then bye bye' but thats normal I guess... and well, its not so easy to get a mortgage either. Besides, prices are so crazy that it doesnt make much difference.Thank you everyone - I am so happy :)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Okay guys just received a phone call from my landlord [this time a husband - the email was written by his wife] saying in a shaky voice that they will probably won't get a mortgage if they won't sell the flat... and that the broker told them that and that they will let me know in a few weeks [that sucks] whether I will need to move out or not. I asked about the percentage of chances it will turn out good for me, he wasnt able to tell ''because if he said 0 then they would lose a good tenant''. So, well... I dont have any savings as I put everything into renting this flat... I asked the I ching ''what would be the finale of this situation with this flat and whether I will be able to stay here for another year?" I received:
Hex 11.1.2.3> 2
Any interpretations are welcome. Im basically in dead end now :/ not enough money to rent, or return to my home country. Renting a room as a 34yo single male with other random people - is a tragedy for me. That's exactly what killed my health in the past. :(

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
From my limited understanding of I ching - 'the change is inevitable' :(

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
If this is the case, then you should be able to deal well with it. The cast describes in my reception somebody who is able to walk ahead, because they understand that everything changes all the time. It's not an unauspicious reading.

Last edited:

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I have no idea how this will be possible as the situation in this city re rent is tragic, as you already know and my savings are burned up :[ but yeah, I will wait for the news.

D

diamanda

what would be the finale of this situation with this flat and whether I will be able to stay here for another year?
11.1.2.3 > 2

It's not that helpful to ask two questions and only cast once. But in any case:
It sounds like there will be many complications to this issue, finally if you really try you'll be able to stay just for a bit longer there, and in the (not far) end you'll need to move out of there.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
From my limited understanding of I ching - 'the change is inevitable' :(

Either that or it is more generally saying 'changes are inevitable'. This reading in my reception says that you should trust and also that you are potentially able to do so.
And 11.1 makes me think that you have an ally or allies, whomever they are. It is either way a very interesting reading I find.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
yeah..... thank you... I am not so sure what the future will bring as I just started to feel here like at home... It's so frustrating to need to again look for a place one would call home... I'm so tired of it... eh... well we will see... I think they were planning to do so [when I moved in they asked for some guy to come in and do the BER check - which I didnt thought about but now I

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
am able to connect the dots... they were getting BER certificate to be able to sell the house... eh.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I personally think the Yi already told you that whatever may happen you will be able to deal with it. But if that's not enough you could ask for example: How should I practically cope with being in a status of uncertainity concerning my housing situation?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
From James DeKorne's about Hex 52 line 1
Editor: The I Chingconsistently uses the image of toes as symbolic of initial movement -- the beginning of some kind of action. Here the message is to refrain from action. There is a hint that egotistical compulsiveness or impatience might be involved. You are counseled to squelch this urge and remain quietly in place.
so I interpreted this as I should not look for new flat just yet but maybe I should also remain quiet - however I sent a quick email to the landlords saying that ''if theres anything I can do to help or increase the chances etc. to be able to keep me as their tenant in this situation please do let me know'' maybe it was a mistake, but we will see.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Again this cast seems to point to your self responsibility. You can well stand on your own feet respectively you are less dependent on outer circumstances than you maybe think you are.
I know that sounds like I would say this too easily -- since a home is the basis of everything and therefore this matter is not a minor issue. But your readings concerning this topic so far said that you will be able to manage it, whatever the outcome of this situation may be. For now you have to accept a standstill and wait for further news.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
22 is about dreams and fantasies - the image is of a small campfire at the base of a mountain giving the impression of a cozy gathering of friends telling ghost stories while roasting marshmallows. The morning light will cause them all to 23. Split Apart from last night’s fun, but until then it’s good to enjoy the fairy tales. Thus as an answer to your question I believe 22.1 - 52 is telling you to assume your concerns are not based on anything real and to 22.1, that is, get down to earth, be very realistic, as in there is no real proof your home is in jeprody, and to 52. Keep your mind Still. IOW, don’t worry about it.
Easier said than done I’m sure!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).