...life can be translucent

Menu

Am I pregnant? 3 unchanging!

ShellyYogi

visitor
Reaction score
I asked if I’m currently pregnant and received hexagram 3 with no changing lines! When asked for confirmation, it gave me hexagram 20 unchanging and also 5 unchanging.What is going on?? I’m currently on my cycle, and my home pregnancy test showed up no. But I have heard plenty stories from women not knowing that they were pregnant because they showed zero symptoms, had their cycles and the pregnancy tests being inaccurate. I’m going to a clinic for sure to find out, but perhaps maybe I need to give it more time to know for sure?It’s been a two and a half weeks since I was intimate without protection.Hexagram 3 and 20 though! If that’s not a direct answer, then I don’t know what is! Any ideas what this could mean??

D

diamanda

Hi SY,
In my yes/no questions, 3 unchanging always proves to mean 'no'. I have a slight doubt here, as 3 has connotations of 'birth'... but I'll hazard a no, you're not. Definitely be seen by a doctor to confirm (20).

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
As a rule of thumb you can assume that no change lines mean no change - thus I would interpret hexagram 3. Difficulty at The Beginning with no change lines to be mirroring your confusion and also to be indicating you are not pregnant. Of course, when we ask yes/no questions the hexagram can be interpreted both ways so it could perhaps be saying that you are experiencing difficulty here at the beginning of pregnancy. Let us know...

ShellyYogi

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. What about hexagram 5 and 20? Isn’t 5 a confirmation for yes and 20 is visibility for pregnancy?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. What about hexagram 5 and 20? Isn’t 5 a confirmation for yes and 20 is visibility for pregnancy?

No, no, not at all.
(where in the world are you getting that from?)

Hex 20 says go see a doctor and get confirmation of things before acting as if you were pregnant and making all the related decisions and plans and painting a room for a baby.

Hex 5 says don't worry, eat and drink and make the best of it, come what may.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been pregnant, but Googling informs me that bleeding can occur during pregnancy. However if, as I assume you're saying, the bleeding you're having is exactly at the time you were expecting your cycle, then chances are it is that, and Google confirms you cannot be pregnant if you're having a true period.

3uc - "Sprouting" - but sprouting with nowhere to go and nothing to relate to, since there's no relating hexagram? Er - various little creatures tried, but failed, to find anywhere to "sprout"? Or, for that matter, failed to find the "feudal lords" needed for a "fruitful" outcome in hexagram 3?

Of course as everyone is saying the only way to know for sure and to put your mind completely at ease is to see a doctor.

5uc and 20uc might say "wait, and see, if you get your next period." But maybe you don't want to be a nervous wreck for another month.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for the up date!!!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Shelly, thank you so much for updating - I'll offer both "congratulations! :)" and "oh dear" - pick whichever you'd like...

Of course, when we ask yes/no questions the hexagram can be interpreted both ways so it could perhaps be saying that you are experiencing difficulty here at the beginning of pregnancy.
:bows:

(Also, on a personal note, may I say again how much I HATE unchanging hexagrams. I do realize that's a poor attitude.)

hm...another thought... how much time elapsed between the negative pregnancy test and the 3uc reading, and then between that reading and the other two, and between all the readings and the visit to the doctor? May I very brazenly ask for dates, would you mind, Shelly? (E.g. failed test on May 1st, 3uc reading on May 4th...) Am wondering if at the time you asked the question the pregnancy still could have gone either way? Maybe that's ridiculous - I don't know enough about pregnancy to know.

ShellyYogi

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!Liselle...I am currently 3 weeks pregnant, and so when I casted the reading (the day I posted this question) I was definitely already pregnant.I am nervous but yet excited at the same time!! I’m just wondering if 3 is a warning that the pregnancy may be a little difficult. I may be forseeing some challenges, but who knows. I fully intend on this being a healthy pregnancy!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I’m just wondering if 3 is a warning that the pregnancy may be a little difficult. I may be forseeing some challenges, but who knows. I fully intend on this being a healthy pregnancy!

I know that some people may see it as an amateurish approach, but if I receive unchanging hexagrams on a clear question, I sometimes only take the title without all the other implications of the hexagram and take it as my answer. Like: You asked "Am I pregnant?" and the Yi blatantly answers "Sprouting." So, yes. I don't believe that the Yi necessarily wants to point to difficulties.
And is not every pregnancy difficult somehow, since your body and soul have to learn to deal with a completely different situation? I wish you all the best, sending good wishes to you and your baby.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Many Congratulations!!

Your experience has company, check out the very first post of this thread, by Arabella: https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...periences-With-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-3

Another 3 ("Sprouting") that meant "pregnant." :)

All pregnancies are challenging to some degree--I don't think 3 means this one will be particularly so. I did receive 3 a few times during the run-up to my extremely challenging (but ultimately successful and healthy!) pregnancy, but never unchanging--always with various difficult changing lines.

Best of luck and thanks for updating!!!

ShellyYogi

visitor
Reaction score
So I asked how the pregnancy would go, and I got hexagram 53.3. To 20. “Wife is pregnant but does not raise child.” Oh no :( Is this talking about miscarriage? Should I be alarmed? I definitely am not seeking an abortion either.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
You can always interpret lines literal or metaphorical and I hope that it is to read metaphorical here.
Are you feeling abandoned resp. neclected these days somehow?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What Equinox said. But it's probably impossible to rule out something literal. Ugh, Yi. (This might be a good time to crank up respect for the oracle, and remember that when we ask a question, it gives us the very best answer it can, for good reason, even if it's not a "nice" one.)

You might find out more as time goes on. After all the time frame for this reading is - hopefully - 9 months, and it might only become clear over the 9 months. Use any means you can to keep the reading in mind. Write it down, post it on your mirror, keep it in your pocket, make a habit of looking at it daily... really ingrain it in your mind. Do a lot of research about it to get more ideas - read other authors' translations and commentaries, use hexagram search, etc. With a long time frame (again, we hope), you'll have time for those things.

You could keep an eye out for "robbers," whatever they might be. And maybe watch for things where perhaps you're not fulfilling obligations to the pregnancy, or you're tempted not to? This is just speculation (of course), but again, since this is what Yi told you, and if it's advice rather than a prediction - I suppose one thing it could mean is that the pregnancy will be unusually susceptible to minor transgressions that might not bother other babies/pregnancies?

Lesson from my own painful experience: the thing Yi warns me about is very often the thing I'm most inclined to do. And then afterwards I think, "Oh %!*# - that's what it meant!" But by that time I've already done the thing. Sometimes it's necessary to be extra, extra, extra vigilant.

Also, how are things between you and the baby's father? The line mentions two people, not just one.

Again - these are just ideas and speculation. It might turn out to mean something completely different. I've had that happen a lot in Shared Readings... :blush:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the text, it doesn't seem completely devoid of hope.

'Wild geese gradually progress to the high plateau.
The husband marches out and does not return,
The wife is pregnant, but does not raise the child. Pitfall.
Fruitful to resist robbers.'

Yes, there's a lot of "badness" in that. But the word "pitfall" is not the end of the text. It continues by perhaps suggesting how to avoid or react to the pitfall conditions - "resist robbers." It says it will be fruitful to do that.

Another thought - from personal experience, 53 can be a loooonnnnng loooonnnnng slog. 9 months is a long time anyway, but maybe an implication is that it will feel even longer than that to you. "Omg will I be pregnant for the rest of my life!?" kind of thing (maybe - speculating). The relating hexagram might offer an antidote - keep the big picture in mind.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Oh man...53.3 and pregnancy. I actually received this line during a time in my pregnancy's second trimester when I was having bleeding issues, and asked "How will this turn out?" Terrifying, right? I didn't post on this board about it, because it was so frightening and sad, and I felt too vulnerable to subject myself to any negative interpretations. The bleeding was just the first complication, I actually had a more serious one later.

But ultimately my daughter and I both made it through perfectly healthy.

At the time I received 53.3 in that situation, I simply said "No. We are going to make it through this." I read "fruitful to resist robbers" as advice to be vigilant, to take as many precautions as I could, and to not give up hope. And to continue consulting the doctor (20). In the end, we were fine.

So please don't give up hope! I would say that this reiterates the need to be cautious and follow medical advice, though.

D

diamanda

I read "fruitful to resist robbers" as advice to be vigilant, to take as many precautions as I could, and to not give up hope. And to continue consulting the doctor (20). In the end, we were fine.
So please don't give up hope! I would say that this reiterates the need to be cautious and follow medical advice, though.
I totally agree with mulberry, so well said.

Reaction score
I asked if I’m currently pregnant and received hexagram 3 with no changing lines!

I too have to laugh at the accuracy of the imagery here: A seed sprouting, and pregnancy! Yes, a translation of this says "difficulty at the beginning" and yet you were pregnant the whole time. The seed was there. Gives an interesting spin on what otherwise appears to be a negative hexagram.

One thing I'll advise you not to do is do too many readings, because you could scare yourself for no reason. Listen to your gut. I think one or two readings in most cases is sufficient.

All pregnancies are challenging to some degree

Untrue. Mine was easy. No challenges or major complications. (Still, I'm not sure I ever want to push my luck and have another....)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
"...Fruitful to resist robbers" as in any thought that would rob you of your peace of mind!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).