...life can be translucent

Menu

Medical treatment for depression? 52.2 to 18

Irmamata

visitor
Reaction score
Since I quit smoking several years ago, I get a mild seasonal depression in Spring and, or Autumn. I start feeling some anxiety and worry a lot. I get upset easier and also find it harder to concentrate. It’s nothing I think could be too serious, like it doesn’t interfere with work or family life. So I don’t see the important stuff compromised. I am a bit afraid of psychiatrists, because of the drugs they sometimes prescribe very easily (IMO), and their side effects. (I had a close friend trying to commit suicide on the 5th day of antidepressant, she was desperate, we were lucky to stop her, turned out to be a side effect - Truth is she was never suicide prone. So I have some very serious 'respect' for antidepressant drugs). Instead, going out for walks in the woods, meeting friends and family more often and vitamins easily help me get back on track. Still, it got me wondering so I asked ”How would it turn out if I reached out for medical treatment for depression?" The Iching answered: 52.2 to 18. I interpreted 52.2 to stay still, not see a doctor. It’s nothing drugs can solve. 18. Look for the hidden cause. Maybe therapy with no drugs? It makes more sense to me to look for the hidden cause of a problem and take it from there, than it does to treat the symptoms. However, is this me ’wanting’ to read it it this way? Would you agree that that is what the Iching is answering? I don’t get the heart here in 52.2. Can anybody help me with this reading please :) Thanks

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I believe that you are right with your interpretation.

Hex 52.2: Even if you managed to keep a part of you still with medicine, it wouldn't help for your body/mind/soul as a holistic system.

Hm, the heart here ... I also think that the I-Ching wants to say that the reason for your depression is "nothing drugs can solve" as you wrote.
The reason of your depression may lie within your heart, it's probably not an endocrinological issue.
(EDIT: Even though you write it is a seasonal depression, which is -- beside other factors -- said to be caused by hormonal changes in spring and autumn. Interesting that the Yi still points to your heart.)

I think you should see a doctor in order to seek confirmation and maybe they can prescribe therapy sessions, if you like? Maybe this could be a way to work on it? There is indeed some work to do, as relating Hex 18 suggests.

Last edited:

Pineamber

visitor
Reaction score
Since I quit smoking several years ago, I get a mild seasonal depression in Spring and, or Autumn. I start feeling some anxiety and worry a lot. I get upset easier and also find it harder to concentrate. It’s nothing I think could be too serious, like it doesn’t interfere with work or family life. So I don’t see the important stuff compromised. I am a bit afraid of psychiatrists, because of the drugs they sometimes prescribe very easily (IMO), and their side effects. (I had a close friend trying to commit suicide on the 5th day of antidepressant, she was desperate, we were lucky to stop her, turned out to be a side effect - Truth is she was never suicide prone. So I have some very serious 'respect' for antidepressant drugs). Instead, going out for walks in the woods, meeting friends and family more often and vitamins easily help me get back on track. Still, it got me wondering so I asked ”How would it turn out if I reached out for medical treatment for depression?" The Iching answered: 52.2 to 18. I interpreted 52.2 to stay still, not see a doctor. It’s nothing drugs can solve. 18. Look for the hidden cause. Maybe therapy with no drugs? It makes more sense to me to look for the hidden cause of a problem and take it from there, than it does to treat the symptoms. However, is this me ’wanting’ to read it it this way? Would you agree that that is what the Iching is answering? I don’t get the heart here in 52.2. Can anybody help me with this reading please :) Thanks
In case your still receiving notifications on this one, i also got the same exact reading and I am working on therapy at the moment that i suppose you might be interested in. the coach is also an iching student, but that's not talked about really, he is a trauma psychologist of sorts, he saves lives with the techniques of inquiry and reprogramming he's created. I'm doing the 30 day challenge accountablility group right now. You can find him at spartanlifecoach.com. I hope youre doing well ! My name is Amber. Aloha:)

vikk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Irmamata,

I thought I would offer my two cents here.
I experienced depression and anxiety myself. I thought of going to a psychiatrist and look for meds. But When I looked into it, I learnt that a lot of times depression and such could be caused by a miriad other reasons. Leaky gut, SIBO could be one of those. What worked for me is eliminating dairy and gluten from my diet as well as nightshades and grain. They are are known to cause inflammation in your body and wreak havoc. I’m not saying that that what you should do, but maybe it is something worth looking into. I apologize if I was too invasive.
Love,
Vikk

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Irmamata hasn't been here since September 2019 so may not respond. The question itself was posted over 2 years ago.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).