...life can be translucent

Menu

Job offer pay negotiations 41.2.3.5 vs 50.5.6 ... which one's better?

ck4vmjilu

visitor
Reaction score
I am in the middle of negotiating a job move. The hourly rate I'm proposing to counter offer is $37 or higher. So I asked "what if I counter offer with $37/hr" and received 41.2.3.5 > 37.

Based on the essays/forums I could find on this site for interpretation, 41 Decrease sounds like I would have less, though overall no true net loss. "What is below is decreased to the benefit of what is above... a decrease in the prosperity of the people in favor of the government is out and out decrease." It sounds like it wouldn't be a true loss, however I'd be decreasing my prosperity in favor of the business?...which nonetheless brings good fortune per the judgement.

The first two changing lines 2 and 3 sound like it's not good. To undertake brings misfortune, and then somehow 3 people are involved and jealousy arises. I suppose the 3-person situation could represent myself, this job offer, and my current boss...maybe? The last line, line 5, regardless sounds incredibly fortunate. Like the Divine will step in and provide good fortune and luck is on my side.

The relating hex 37 of Family could be me relating to this answer in terms of family needs and how my finances are involved in that. I have 2 kids and no financial support aside from myself, so making sure I have enough to feed/shelter/etc them is top priority in these negotiations.

But then I asked, "what if I counter offer $38/hr" and received 50.5.6 > 28.

50 The Cauldron suggests supreme fortune and success. Even the Image commentary seems auspicious "Fire over wood: The image of The Cauldron. Thus the superior man consolidates his fate by making his position correct."

Lines 5 and 6 seem very auspicious as well. "The ting has yellow handles, golden carrying rings. Perseverance furthers," and "The ting has rings of jade. Great good fortune. Nothing that would not act to further" suggest to me my attitude will bring strong and able helpers, but I must beware of the need to hold strong in my position.

The relating hexagram 28 Preponderance of the Great sounds like I'm relating to this reading as a temporary situation? Although my attitude towards this amount is correct and in alignment?...I really struggle with the relating hex's.

Any help interpretation of comparing what counter offering with $37 vs $38, I greatly appreciate. Thanks!

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Ck4,

$37/hr" and received 41.2.3.5 > 37:

I had 41.3.5 hoping for a promotion, but my experience was finding out I was the 3rd wheel. I'd been made to think something was possible only to find out later they had someone else in mind all along (41.3). It was better for my family in the long run that I did not get that promotion (41.5).

$38/hr" and received 50.5.6 > 28:

50.5.6 (of 50.2.4.5.6) materialized as staff approaching me for advice or a listening ear and feeling I was making a good connection with clients as well (50.5), also feeling more confident about knowing when to connect and disengage (50.6). (For the other lines which don't apply, I was filling in on another shift with a lot of personality clashes, so am sure there was some jealousy (50.2), and, being new to the shift, made a lot of mistakes (50.4), but thankfully nothing too devastating.)

So, your readings made me wonder if there is a third or fourth option - that neither may pan out or that something completely different will work out for you. I wonder if the readings are saying for $37/hr, the timing is not the best right now (41.3), but you will be rewarded (41.5) without having to push things and, besides, you are more valuable to others just the way you are right now anyway (41.2). Also, that $38 is too much (28), and, again, it may be related to focusing more on the value of your expertise in relating to others (50.5, 50.6) rather than a monetary gain at this time.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
37 could refer to the company.
Or to blow your mind:
37's decrease. (such as 36 or 35)

50>28?
too much cooking.

I think both answers suggest a lower asking wage.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).