...life can be translucent

Menu

Shall I tell them the truth about my heart? Hex 12.4>20

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
hello everyone, hope you are having a great day! Two new guys joined our team. Due to a happy twist of fate one toxic girl (the worst one) went on a long holiday, so I was able to set up a nice relationship with both of them. There is hope, at least for me, that they won't be against me. Recently our management noticed them that they will need to work long weekends, two in every month. I am not working the weekends due to still recovering from my heart disease (that supposedly only my team leaders know). They don't know why I am not working them but this fact might cause a stir in the team. I asked the I ching three questions whether I should:
Hex 59.6>29 not say anything about why I'm not working the weekends
Hex 55.1>62 say that I am not working the weekends but dont specify the reason
Hex 12.4>20 say that I am not working the weekends and say the truth about the heart issue
I believe that the best option is the last one- explain the truth (and risk some gossip) but that this will consolidate my relation with them. Can you guys comment on this? :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
59.6 Not saying anything : You keep your co-workers but also difficulty at a distance. I don’t see anything wrong with this.

55.1 Acknowledge that you are not working weekends but not why: This line suggests a conversation and then moving on is not a mistake so this approach seems okay too.

12.4 Tell the full story: This line seems to just say okay, you bring it all out in the open.

As none of these responses seem to suggest one approach is better than another and 12.4 doesn’t seem to lead to great friendship, l’m inclined to think you are better off saying nothing. However l may be prejudice as I believe health issues are bound up with our beliefs and if others think you have issues they can unconsciously reinforce those issues.
At this point when your coworkers haven’t seemed to question your not being assigned the weekend work I would go with 59.6 and keep the whole topic at a distance.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Why do you think that this move will "consolidate your relation with them"?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Why do you think that this move will "consolidate your relation with them"?
Well both of them shared their own health issues that they have (alcoholism in one and some permanent MRSA infection plus something else in the other,) so I thought being open and honest would be better than not saying anything. Especially that on the outside I look as a healthy guy who's cycling etc - in fact I'm making a tremendous progress in terms of healing this year but I certainly don't want to risk working overtime so early and sabotaging this recovery. Also if I'm not going to say anything does the same answer hold up to what I should do when they will ask me at some point directly? As this topic is pretty dodgy and nobody likes to work those weekends as it means working for ten days in a row. Especially when the toxic girl will be back she will surely try to sabotage the situation and I was just wondering if I could somehow prevent situation developing badly.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).