...life can be translucent

Menu

Lost a coin...

D

diamanda

Hi all,
I've used the same three coins for about 30 years now. They're special also in that this was the old Greek currency (drachma) which stopped existing long ago. Today I lost one of them while travelling. I'm quite shocked. Any similar stories out there? What did you do to solve a siimilar issue?

D

diamanda

They were the perfect size and weight for my hands :) but you're right, no other choice than find new ones.

D

diamanda

Moss Elk - I can't find how to edit the typo in the thread title. Could you please?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How awful. I hate losing things.

Did you ask Yi about it? If there's any tiny possibility of finding it, or if not, advice for proceeding? Or how to deal with it emotionally? Or just "what do you have to say to me about this"?

Can you buy drachmas on eBay?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Moss Elk - I can't find how to edit the typo in the thread title. Could you please?

Done.

For some reason, I feel to suggest getting three new ones instead of adding one more to the existing pair.
Like a fresh start or new chapter...

D

diamanda

Thank you all so much!

Equinox - I didn't know you can cast with two. I doubt I'll switch to that, but always good to learn.

Liselle - I haven't cast yet. You're right, they do sell them online!

Moss Elk - you guessed my latest doubt. I also feel it would be better to go for a new set. Not sure of which denomination. I might buy the same, but all 3.

I'll update.

D

diamanda

Update (for what it's worth):
I decided to start using three coins of a current denomination.
I'll see how it goes with them and if I truly dislike them I'll reconsider.

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Update (for what it's worth):
I decided to start using three coins of a current denomination.
I'll see how it goes with them and if I truly dislike them I'll reconsider.
Dear Diamanda:

I consulted the Changes asking what to do if one loses one of the three divination coins in use.
Resulting 17.3.5 going to 55. Say, FOLLOWING, being compliant with the times, going to EXUBERANCE.

I hoped the answer were applicable to your case. You will say:

隨元亨利貞无咎 (1)
sui2 yuan2 heng1 li4 zhen1 wu2 jiu4
FOLLOWING MAIN FEAST. PROFITABLE OMEN. NO WRONG.
Main celebration of «FOLLOWING». Foreseeable profit. No wrong.

係丈夫失小子
xi4 zhang4 fu1 shi1 xiao3 zi3
TIED TALL MAN LOST LITTLE CHILD.
Tied to a Tall Man (a husband), the Little Child will get lost.

隨有求得
sui2 you3 qiu2 de2
FOLLOWING HAVE SEEK GET.
Following there will be looking for and obtaining.

利居貞
li4 ju1 zhen1
PROFIT DWELLING OMEN.
Profitable dwelling omen.
Profitable omen for remaining at home.

孚于嘉吉 (2)
fu2 yu2 jia1 ji2
CAPTIVE AT JOY LUCKY.
Caught into the Jubilee. Lucky.
Being captive of happiness. Fortunate.

豐亨
feng1 heng1
EXUBERANCE FEAST.
Celebration of Exuberance.

王假之勿憂
wang2 jia3 zhi1 wu4 you1
KING BORROW IT. NOT WORRY.
Kings borrow it. Don't worry.
We are not kings, then, why worry?
Even kings have all borrowed.

宜日中 (3)
yi2 ri4 zhong1
APPROPRIATE DAY MIDDLE.
Appropriate at midday. Or also YI ritual at noon.

Reflexions:

Celebration of being compliant with the times is no wrong, even can be profitable.

Tied to a standard rule or prejudice, something will get lost for us. But being compliant with the times if we seek something, will obtain it.

It's good to consider to where we belong, the place where we are born or the place where we actually reside. The guiding principle: how may we enjoy more our cincumstance. Idealized canons don't matter. We have to make our own path to the light.

We must look for a sunny and warm place to live, even if it results to be illusory at a long term. Nobody's perfect, trying to be so is absurd.

Moral:

Try to do what fits better to you. If you enjoy more with all coins identical anew, take it.

If you will enjoy more replacing the lost coin, retaining the two that you still have, don´t worry for little differences in denomination, value or shape between the new coin and the old ones. All depend on the meanings that we give to each possibility and the old and new coins.

Dont worry for probabilistic biases. They will be but a personal bias, the bias imposed for our destiny that took off one of our loved (or not so loved) old coins.

I wonder if you can tell us how were your old coins and how are the new prospects in denomination, value, size, shape, what have they in front and back, wat feelings have associated. Will you?

F_ck the IMF!

Charly
(1) For heng I prefer «feast» to «sacrifice» for addressing a sacred ritual where officiants , humans and divinities are supposed to give and receive, a celebration that beyond costs, bears its own joy or reward. «Sacrifice» can be hardly asociated with joy but with sufferings.

(2) jia is said to mean good, excelent. It also means joy, happiness that implies celebration, shared feelings and noisy expression of JOY. A festival, a jubilee.

(3) For as «YI sacrifice» instead of «appropriate», see Steve Marshall's Mandate of Heaven.

Ch.

Last edited:
S

svenrus

:D Hi Charly, I became curious so I looked up IMF in my abbrevation dictionary:

International Monetary Fund (which is probably what You meant)
International Motorcycle Federation (HA ?)
Interplanetary Magnetic Field (Maxwell, J.C. ?)

Beside that, good analysis of Diamanda's crisis

D

diamanda

I consulted the Changes asking what to do if one loses one of the three divination coins in use. 17.3.5 > 55
Wow Charly, this is a very creative spin on the situation!
How can I not give feedback?

Tied to a Tall Man (a husband), the Little Child will get lost
Following there will be looking for and obtaining
Profitable dwelling omen.
Profitable omen for remaining at home.

When I travel, I keep my coins in a particular pocket of my wallet (not in their usual case). They had never fallen out so far. The only difference this time, was that in that same pocket I had recently added a gift I received. A small round silver-coloured charm of Archangel Michael. Strangely, it's almost identical in shape and size and colour to my old coins, but I never thought much of it. When "one" coin fell out, I immediately saw it and picked it up from the airport floor. And put it back into the wallet pocket. I quickly looked into the pocket, I "saw" three items, so I thought... phew... all coins safely still there. But I had forgotten about the recent addition (in that same pocket) of Archangel Michael. What I actually saw were two coins, plus the charm. Most probably the third coin had also fallen out at that same moment, but I just didn't realise and thus did not look for it. I still have the Tall Man!

And I've chosen new coins which are related to my country of origin. How so? See further below.

No idea what 17.5 means here I'm afraid.
Maybe that I've chosen a higher denomination than the previous? Really no idea here.

KING BORROW IT. NOT WORRY.
APPROPRIATE DAY MIDDLE.

(...)being compliant with the times if we seek something, will obtain it. It's good to consider to where we belong, the place where we are born or the place where we actually reside. The guiding principle: how may we enjoy more our cincumstance. Idealized canons don't matter. We have to make our own path to the light. We must look for a sunny and warm place to live
I chose a currency of which there is Abundance at the moment.
It's currently in use. My previous ones are not in use for a long time now.
The new ones are sunny (gold silver in colour), as opposed to my old silver ones.

Old ones (5 drachmas):
5 drachmas 1980.jpg

New ones (1 euro with the Owl - there are countless other versions):
1 euro with owl.jpg

The Owl (symbol of goddess Athena) is a tribute to ancient and modern Greece actually.
It was found on both ancient Greek coins (first image below), and on more modern ones (2nd).
athena owl.jpg
modern drachma.jpg

:D Hi Charly, I became curious so I looked up IMF in my abbrevation dictionary:
International Monetary Fund (which is probably what You meant)
International Motorcycle Federation (HA ?)
Interplanetary Magnetic Field (Maxwell, J.C. ?)
Beside that, good analysis of Diamanda's crisis
It's the International Monetary Fund. You're lucky to not know them!
And, may all of our crises be as minor as mine :)

F_ck the IMF!
Amen ;)

D

diamanda

I'm having big trouble attaching the correct images. Not sure what went wrong here. I hope they show correctly.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).