...life can be translucent

Menu

57.4 to 44

Dasso17

visitor
Reaction score
I have just begun a nice relationship with a divorced man father of two children. He mantains what I consider a too close relation with his ex-wife and I think it would bring problems to our relationship. I asked "How is that I should handle this matter?" The answer was hexagram 57.4 to 44.

Please, someone can help me with this interpretation?

D

diamanda

Hi Dasso17,

How is that I should handle this matter? (too close relation with his ex-wife)
57.4 > 44

The answer shows someone hunting multiple partners just for sex, without commitment.

If that doesn't describe you, then I'm afraid it maybe describes him and there's nothing you can do.

Or maybe it's advising you to behave as if you're hot property so that he gets jealous and gets rid of the ex.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 57.4: So you "hunted" for a man and what you brought home were "three kinds of game" -- One man and two children. ;) :D
It's an auspicious line, if you manage to deal (hex 44) with that then they will enrich your life.

I can't say from this result if your guy is too close with his ex. At the end you have to feel well and happy in your relationship and to know your limits, to know what is too much for you.
But keep in mind that if you have a relationship with a divorced father who loves his children then you have to accept that his ex-wife always will play a role, simply since she is the mother of his kids. Alone for organisational things, and yes, it's also normal that they will have an emotional bond somehow forever. They have raised kids together. 57.4 also speaks of sacrifices on your part.
I know that this may not always be easy.

I think communication and the ability of showing understanding are the key here, for both of you.
You have to understand that he already had a family which he can't abandon and therefore you have to be generous with him/ them.
And he has to understand that this generousity brings the need of making sacrifices on your part, therefore he has to do everything to help you having trust in him and not giving you a feeling like you always have to play the second fiddle.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
44. Specifically says "The maiden is powerful. One should not marry such a maiden." I see this as a clear warning you should assume this ex is going to be part of the package (maybe the three game are not only the man and his two kids as equinox noted, but the man, the kids and the ex-wife!). This doesn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker, just a head's up that your attitude as you go into this should be that you don't expect this woman to disappear or give up any of her authority. Also 44. often means "temptation" so if you have any real reason to think they are still romantically involved I think you shouldn't ignore your intuition. That said, I would also point out that you have asked what your attitude should be - that you should recognize this man comes with strings and you mustn't try to supplant these people - but this doesn't mean anything bad will happen. Just be aware that the ex is "powerful" and you aren't going to be able to change or control her.

Qiaozhi Yeats

visitor
Reaction score
I have just begun a nice relationship with a divorced man father of two children. He mantains what I consider a too close relation with his ex-wife and I think it would bring problems to our relationship. I asked "How is that I should handle this matter?" The answer was hexagram 57.4 to 44.

Please, someone can help me with this interpretation?
You are reading the yi the wrong way round, 44 is your situation, 57.4 is the advice. The superior person thus spreads their command and executes their ventures. The medical prognosis for the application of wind is good and the diagnosis of the burden is bronchitis, swelling of the breasts and food stagnation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).