...life can be translucent

Menu

How long does a prediction last

S

svenrus

I've been searching in this Forum for that as I remember once one asked the same question but I can't find it here.
Anyone got a clue ?

D

diamanda

This is quite a tricky point to which I don't know the answer.
Actually I don't believe there is an answer - divination is not meant to be totally specific. (*)

I almost always specify the time-frame myself.
I add to my question phrases like "this week", "next month", "this year".

(*) Apollo had the power to magically make someone truly see the future, just as he could. But Apollo didn't want to take the fun out of things. So Apollo set some ground rules for his oracle. He would use his magic to allow her to truly see the future. Apollo's rules stated that she had to tell the truth, but she could not be too specific. That would allow the possibility of misunderstanding. That would made it fun!

from http://greece.mrdonn.org/greekgods/oracles.html
Lots of fun :rofl:

S

svenrus

Thank You. Maybe none got an answer back then. I know the question sounds silly but in reality it sometimes isn't. And sometimes it is.
I followed the advise given by hex. 36 UC. It's nine days ago now. I guess I have to keep my senses open to recognize when the danger is over. Can't keep my Light hidden forever...
Time will tell. And I guess You are right in that there probably isn't a definit answer to that question.
BTW lovely story; Apollo reminds me somehow of this other greek god: Hermes in roman, can't remember the greek name... Or was it Mercurius in roman and Hermes in Greek... ?

D

diamanda

I'm really sorry to hear you got 36, and without changes too...
It's not a good omen as you know.

The question doesn't sound silly at all.
Maybe it's not you who has no light, maybe it's the forces you're dealing with who have none.

That god was called Hermes in Greece, and Mercury in Rome :)

Here's some more little stories to brighten your 36:
the stories about Echo

globalex

visitor
Reaction score
I've been searching in this Forum for that as I remember once one asked the same question but I can't find it here.
Anyone got a clue ?

There's this hexagram calendar which is available somewhere in the net. But somehow nobody has the instructions as how to use it - see below.

Applicable Days 1st - 6th 7th - 12th 13th - 18th 19th - 24th 25th - 30th 3-Mths
1st Mth (Feb) 11 5 17 35 40 51
2nd Mth (Mar) 34 16 6 18 49 51
3rd Mth (Apr) 43 56 7 8 9 51
etc

The first day of the hexagram calendar is the first day of the Chinese Lunar Year which varies.

Each month has 5 hexagrams, each governing 6 days, so each line governs a day. Moving lines determines the exact day.

S

svenrus

Thank You. You can't know that I've been involved in that years ago ( LINK ) and out of this discuss I worked out a summary ( PDF )

But as I understood it then what You found was WHEN an event would occur. Do You think it also could show HOW LONG an answer would last ie. the advice given by I Ching: for how long a time should it be followed ?
(Let me know if I haven't expressed myself clear)

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
@svenrus

Haha, I also always ask myself this question.
I guess everything is possible from minutes to decades.

A few months ago, my tenant didn't pay her rent in time and I was quite panicking, since I needed the money urgently. I asked the Yi and it answered: 5.1.5 >46. An answer that points to times of waiting and patience. Okay, since I knew that the Yi is always right I calmed myself and told myself to be patient. The funny thing is, I received the rent the same day, while the result let me assume that the I would have to wait for a longer time. So the Yi didn't want to let me know that I have to wait for a longer time, but to be
undismayed in the few hours I had to wait.

Other events that I asked about and received a positive answer years ago still did not unfold.

Like diamanda said, I think it is impossible to give an accurate answer on your question, at least not with the text interpretation method that I use.
The only thing that we can do is to take the answers to heart and to work with them and to be really attentive.
I tend to ask the Yi too often, which carries the risk to overlook important hints and then the result may pan out when I even forgot the answer.

I also started once a thread on that topic, don't know if it was the one you are searching for:

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?23887-A-question-about-time&highlight=

S

svenrus

Actually Yes. This was the thread I remembered but couldn't find equinox. And Yes, no definitive answeres showed up back then.

(Just found an answer on it which is also a "no-answer" here )

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I followed the advise given by hex. 36 UC. It's nine days ago now. I guess I have to keep my senses open to recognize when the danger is over. Can't keep my Light hidden forever...

Hi svenrus,
Would you care to give us some details about your reading, circumstances, and people in your life? By that I mean, did you ask the question in regards to specific people, things, events, inanimate objects? or Did you ask it as a general 'reading for the day' and have you been hiding in a fish barrel ever since?

If you share the context, we can help you figure it out.

S

svenrus

Hi Moss Elk, I understand what You mean but if this has been the case I would have posted it in Shared Readings. Actually equinox showed me the thread I was searching for.
Anyway, Thank You for asking.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).