...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I keep going with this?

MargotV

visitor
Reaction score
HiThis is my first post here... I have been lurking the forums for a long time and I hope you guys can help me. I met someone that I really like. We had great chemistry and went had 2 fantastic dates. Suddenly he became really distance and admitted to me he has a drinking problem and had decided to stop with alcohol. We did not see each other for one month while he was going through the detox but we were talking daily.Against my best judgement I met him yesterday again and we had a great time. I am in two minds about getting involved with someone so early on the recovery process.So I asked the Yi " What can I expect from this involvement with X"I got Hex 21.4 - 27I read it as my involvement with him will be difficult - Biting Through - and line 4 advises me of the difficult task ahead but if I persevere success is on my way. Hex 27 tells me that perseverance brings good fortune. I wonder if the perseverance is about being with him or the perseverance of letting go of him. As a follow up question I asked "Should I invest emotionally on X"And I got Hex 42.2.6 - 17Regarding investing on him I think Hex 42 is telling me that I should invest. I should cross the great river. The moving lines are telling me to be supportive of him but I will end up badly burned after. HEX 17 in my eyes is telling me that eventually everything will be ok if I follow proper conduct.Am I reading this right?Thanks for a lot on your help with this!Margot

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi

The line in 21.4 tells me as you say a harsh or quick situation hexagram 27 i believe look after yourself. Dont concern yourself, nourish your soul type of thing.

Please understand that the answer will mostly will be about you, not some much the other person.
Of course you will have glimpse but only on how this effects you.
We all want to happy but we always go off the path that makes us this way.
Its not wrong to give but when we give to much of ourselves this can drag us down.

21.4 to me is like an idea that fizzles or i compare the line to a shooting star if you have ever seen one.

The lines appear to be advising to think about yourself and not just the person in question.

Oh sorry and welcome to the forum

Steve

D

diamanda

What can I expect from this involvement with X? 21.4 > 27
You will have to struggle to force him to give you crumbs. And you'll still be left hungry.

Should I invest emotionally on X? 42.2.6 > 17
You'll be the giver. He only wants to take from you without giving you anything in return.
Whenever he does take from you, he will simply go give his 'best' elsewhere after.
17 in relationships usually means that the woman runs after the man.

Lionchild

LionchilD
Reaction score
I read 21.4.27 as 'it will be hard work but the results will nourishing of you and the other'. But it is important to be moderate in your efforts as well as persevering.

MargotV

visitor
Reaction score
Well, a quick update. To Diamanda that said "You will have to struggle to force him to give you crumbs. And you'll still be left hungry.".... you were spot on. He is back on the booze and I decided to nip it in the bud and leave...

D

diamanda

So sorry to hear that Margot... You absolutely did the right thing to leave.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).