...life can be translucent

Menu

Shall I send my landlord an email about my flat? Hex 15.1.3>24

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Namaste and hello everybody. As previously described here:
my landlord put me in limbo regarding certainty about extending my lease for another year. He called me saying they might be selling the flat on 11th Mary, 2018. My lease is ending on end of August, 2018. He said it will take several weeks before they can get any clarification from the broker. I am trusting The Work as advised however to find a suitable accommodation in Dublin is VERY hard at the moment and it always takes a lot of effort and time [last year it took me 3 months!]. I asked I Ching which option would be the best... received:
Would it be the best for me if I send my landlord an email asking about the update on the flat situation? Hex 15.1.3>24
Would it be the best for me if I wait and wait for them to contact me on this on their own? Hex 31.3.4>8
I have no problems waiting longer but I just wonder whether I will not play a big mistake by not allowing myself enough time to find a new place if that would be necessary. What do you think?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at this and thought surely MrKind you have some thoughts about these readings ?

I mean you can read the I Ching and the lines as well as we can and the answers are pretty clear.

You do have a basic I Ching book of some kind don't you ?

I mean I started to answer then thought 'I'm just writing out again what Yi already says that you yourself can see if you read the book'.

I'm baffled that you don't give any ideas about your casts at all given I have the impression you are quite capable of doing so.

This place needs to be a place where people come to share readings not to just be given them. Okay some people in extreme situations can't offer thoughts on their casts sometimes but I really feel you can ?

I mean look at those lines in 15, what do they say to you ? And those lines in 31 ?

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I agree on what Trojina said -- it would be easier and more fun for us to give an interpretation if you communicated your own thoughts and feelings on your readings. The risk of being "off-track" while trying to give an interpretation is a bit lower then as well. ;)
Plus it would be a great way to train your intuition and to strenghten your dialogue with the Yi.

So what do YOU think?

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Your landlord wants to sell the place.
Therefore it is not in his best interests to give you another lease before the sale.
This is a decision to be made by the new owner.

The current landlord has already gently expressed that he doesn't want to give you a new lease before the sale. So, the purpose of a letter would be to sway his opinion, no?
I guess I am advising you to realistically look at what you can accomplish here.
I think you could call it immodest to think you could actually convince someone of this who was not your kin or friend to do something not in their own best interest.

If you look only at the 1st hex and lines, one could surely take it to say 'yes, a modest approach will get results'.
But with 24 in the background, the meaning is changed.
Return to Modesty/Authenticity.

What are your thoughts?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So, the purpose of a letter would be to sway his opinion, no?

Surely if there were any line indicating someone's opinion can be swayed it is 31.4 ?

You know more about the actual situation than me but by looking at the readings alone then surely it is a good idea to contact the landlord

Would it be the best for me if I send my landlord an email asking about the update on the flat situation? Hex 15.1.3>24

Yes. These lines encourage straight forward action.

Would it be the best for me if I wait and wait for them to contact me on this on their own? Hex 31.3.4>8

No don't hesitate. 8 does not encourage hesitation. If you want something go for it. You do stand a chance to have an influence so make use of it. I don't think if you wait it's disastrous it's just far less effective than taking some honest straight forward action and ask about the update.

Now just because you ask doesn't guarantee the answer will be what you want it to be but for the sake of what's simply the best thing to do this is quite clear. Get on with it. Take action and be open honest and clear about what you want. The 24 may well mean you are back to square one...in either direction. That is you get to return to a settled state of living there and don't have to think about moving, or you do but either way do ask.

Sometimes even if you don't get what you want there is still benefit in taking the right course of action about it because at least by asking you are in control, it's a positive action in your life.

You didn't ask if he'd agree to what you want you just asked about asking. 15 encourages honest and appropriate action over as much better here. Finding out a definite 'no' is better than hanging about and holding on to hopes etc in 31.3 and waiting to hear what someone might or might not say.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Surely if there were any line indicating someone's opinion can be swayed it is 31.4 ?

Well, while I prattle along in MrKinds absence, not knowing what sort of relationship he has with the landlord, at least I can answer Trojina's question.

I can think of several lines that would be more indicative of a favorable swaying.

A landlord/tenant relationship is generally more like 14.5 'truths like commerce, if also dignified promising'

So, I don't think so.
Because it 31.4 changes to 39.
Also, it says persistence is promising.
(as opposed to throwing yourself off of a cliff.) It isn't the same as continuing with a course of action, as 32 is.
Regrets pass, as in you'll get over it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well, while I prattle along in MrKinds absence, not knowing what sort of relationship he has with the landlord, at least I can answer Trojina's question.

No, I don't think so.
Because it 31.4 changes to 39.
Also, it says persistence is promising.
(as opposed to throwing yourself off of a cliff.) It isn't the same as continuing with a course of action, as 32 is.
Regrets pass, as in you'll get over it.

Hilary's translation from wiki

'Constancy brings good fortune, regrets vanish.
Wavering, wavering, going and coming,
Friends simply follow your desires.'

39 cannot over rule what it says here. Friends follow your desires means that basically it's up to you to clearly signal your position so that others can respond. Also this is 31, Influence, not 39.

So he has to at least signal clearly his desires and wishes and go from there. This doesn't mean the landlord will say yes to all he wants, we don't know that, but at least if the landlord has it in his mind what Mr Kind wants then things can proceed more efficiently.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, so it's about the difference between Zhen1 and Heng2.

Steadfast emotions maybe instead of flip flop vacilitating?

I hope MrKind responds before August.
:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I think it's not so much what you do with your emotions here I think as what you reveal to others about them, about your desires and intentions. I've never been that good at it really so I know that not being clear about what you want can mean you lose out.

Anyway this is one with a history I've not read so I could be missing out on stuff. Context is all and the querent's angle on it of more value than many seem to know. :D

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I would find it important to know if you, MrKind, already asked them to inform you as soon as they know and if yes, did they agree to tell you as soon as possible?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I would find it important to know if you, MrKind, already asked them to inform you as soon as they know and if yes, did they agree to tell you as soon as possible?
Hi guys thanks for answering, yes I probably should present my own interpretation but I didn't want to influence other opinions and usually I ask when I don't have clue big enough to be sure which way is better. In this case they said they will let me know within several weeks (already a month passed) and I have sent them email stating that if there's anything I can do to increase my chances of remaining as their tenant please can they let me know, to which they replied "that's good to know". Of course they also don't know if I won't decide to pack my stuff and leave BEFORE end of the current lease leaving them with two months unpaid rent.. I doubt that's the case but who knows? It's all about money at the end and they aren't my friends. Deposit is for one month only...

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Also the landlord told me (during first conversation about this via phone) that they aren't 100% sure about that and they don't want to state it just yet because "they would lose a good tenant". Again, who knows.. Tomorrow I will present my own interpretation of this casting so u can compare.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
In addition I know that in reality nothing is set in stone, fate is fluid, there are no rules anything can happen - until it's manifested, every possible reality might occur. Even the one where landlords decide to postpone selling the flat for one more year.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Ok so here's my own interpretation, I use James DeKorne's Hex descriptions and sometimes Cafe au Soul for unchanging ones. I apologize if the formatting is a bit off in the post.
some of the information about the changing lines and the Hex are:
Siu: At the outset, the man retains his humility and does not press any claims. As a result he is free from challenges and does not encounter resistance. Difficult enterprises can be undertaken successfully.Wing: If you can carry out your proposed endeavor quietly, competently, and thoroughly, without obvious announcements of your intentions, you can achieve even significant aims. With a modest and disciplined attitude, you do not create resistance or invite challenge.
also:
Liu: The superior man is modest in his modesty. It is favorable to cross the great water. Good fortune.
So I think this initially says it's okay to go and act however 24 says "A. Rectify a minor mistake.B. Abandon an inferior action or attitude now before it causes serious problems later on." [/quote]and
A. An unresolved situation presents itself again.B. The image suggests a vacillation of willpower.C. You'll have to do it over again until you get it right.
So this leaves me somewhere in the limbo. The second casting was:
A. The image suggests a mindless and compulsive urge to influence the situation.B. You allow yourself to be influenced by base emotions.
So this is a bit weird as the question was shall I not contact them... and I guess words about urge to influence the situation points more towards action rather than inaction.
A. Restlessness prevents unity -- calm down and unify your thinking or focus your intent.B. Let it be -- allow the situation to unfold.
this confirms this even more - just leave it , then?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for answering, yes I probably should present my own interpretation but I didn't want to influence other opinions and usually I ask when I don't have clue big enough to be sure which way is better. In this case they said...

:confused: the idea isn't that you don't share or engage with a reading in order to get more out of others, the idea is you engage because it is your reading and without your input the whole discussion is absolutely pointless. You have seen the sticky about this ?

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...59-How-to-get-the-most-from-sharing-a-reading

You have dug up a lot of commentary which is quite misleading especially about 24. It would be better if you had an actual book with an actual translation in, that is what the I Ching says not what someone says about it. What people say about can be helpful but it isn't the answer.

this confirms this even more - just leave it , then?

:confused: no I don't think so but I already wrote my take on the cast but you obviously haven't seen it as you are sort of asking everyone to confirm that this means don't email.

Even common sense says there's no harm in doing so surely.

I have to give up on this now

Toodlepip

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
No need to be anxious :) I am not asking everyone to confirm that this means to not email them, I was just asking for feedback :) In current reality which is like this https://fora.ie/dublin-eca-survey-2-4066080-Jun2018/ one unfortunately feels like walking on eggshells in here, and a mere disagreement (or something like that) with the landlords might mean you're out. In my experience with I Ching, I use mixed reviews - both the various translations of the Hexagrams and sometimes suggestions from authors like De Korne (which turned out to be very good in plenty of cases) - which are not too different to various people's opinions from here, for example. Everyone has its own experience and at the end, it's always about the whole sum of different points which I take into the consideration. Thank you for your input, I will try to provide more of my own feedback onward :)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all, I received an update from the landlord
I am afraid we don't have any update. Our mortgage broker has been on holiday so we have not been able to meet with him. First steps is we will need to gt a valuation of the apartment done in the coming weeks so we will speak to you about arranging a convenient time to do that. Once we know the value then we can find out our options - ie can we keep the apartment or do we have to sell it. If it is the case that we have to sell it, we imagine we would have to put it on the market when your lease is up - ie at the end of August but that it would take a couple of months to go to sale agreed and then close the sale. If you were happy to stay on for those months, and accommodate people viewing it etc, we would be happy to discuss some kind of a rent reduction in return for that. If it is the case that we don't have to sell it we would be very happy for you to renew the lease if you wished. I'm sorry we don't have anything more definite at the moment - we have both been looking after eldery parents, so the process is taking some time. XXXX will give you a call tomorrow to talk to you about it and see what your preferences are. Thanks for your patiencce
so in a way it matches what was said by I Ching originally, that I might have been able to stay for few more months but eventually need to move out? Or not? Who knows... need to think it through now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).