...life can be translucent

Menu

Video 2: Trigrams

S

svenrus

Just see that You have shared a video number two, will watch it now. Your video number one is excellent and I don't care about Your accent. Thank You Harmen.

S

svenrus

I was immediately reminded of an answer I got back last year when asking for where to find my keys (A special chain lock were - now fortunately is - attacked to it wich I bought back in the ninetysixties) and got hex. 43.6
I know (and also knew) that the changing trigram get a role to play: Tui changing to Ch'ien but I was surprised to discover - after having found the keys - that the hexagram as a whole showed where they were to be found.
During the night I had to get something outdoor and took on my bathrobe and went out to get it.
Next morning then, as told, I couldn't find them. I didn't found them thank's to the answer given by I Ching but accidental after having searched as a crazy everywhere.
But if I really had been open to the answer....
Hexagram 43 looks like a pocket with an opening on the top. Trigram Tui symbolises Lake or Pool where to take a swim to example. So in a pictorial sense the hexagram pointed toward the pocket on my bathrobe and the trigram toward bathing: Pool/Lake.
And yes, the pocket in my bathrobe was exactly where I found them.
(The reason why it took me such long time to find the keys was that I very, very seldom take on my bathrobe when going outdoor....)

Sorry, should have started with a thank You for the video....

H

hmesker

Great example of how the hexagram can be a picture of the answer. A few years ago I had a similar experience on a private subforum here. I can't access it anymore but maybe Hilary can find it...somewhere. It was about a missing book. I don't dare to recall it from memory because it might not have happened exactly as my brain tells me. But it involved hexagram 1 which depicted a pile of books to me.

tacrab

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for putting video 2 in accessible format. First one will not play on my older equip.

H

hmesker

That is odd because the 2nd video was uploaded in the same format as the 1st. The problem should be with YouTube, they convert the files to their appropriate format. Maybe lowering the resolution helps?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, we had hexagram 1 as a pile of books on top of a bookcase. And about 20 years ago I was trying to find a journal and received hexagram 20 - which turned out to be a picture of my desk (the kind with two stacks of drawers and a hole for your knees between them). Though that isn't especially trigram-related, just the shape of the hexagram.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).