...life can be translucent

Menu

47.2.4>8 asking for a favor

anyah

visitor
Reaction score
My question was whether the universe would be willing to grant me one wish. I moved overseas 7 months ago, and am having a hard time making a social life for myself. It's my fault because I don't enjoy "putting myself out there", and being a female alone I think makes it harder. The idea of being a single female at a bar makes me feel pathetic, for example and I don't actually care for drinking anyway. But I wish I knew what to do for random conversation and getting to know people. I had my heart broken by a co-worker when I was feeling vulnerable and alone, now I have to sit by him every day. In a normal world I would have made some distance and forgotten about it. It wasn't my idea to go there, there's lingering sadness, and I don't want to write about that. My wish is for quality companionship. I think 47 to 8 describes exactly how I feel and what I'm wishing for. Is iChing just telling me what my wish is, or assuring me that things will be okay?

D

diamanda

Hi anyah,

whether the universe would be willing to grant me one wish (My wish is for quality companionship) 47.2.4 > 8

47.2 shows having the basics of life (food, drink) and yet feeling distressed, and actually being oppressed by whoever is providing the basics. 47.4 shows even more wealth (i.e. having a lot more than just the basics), and still feeling oppressed/distressed. The whole oppressing situation results in 8, so I guess that, strangely, whoever is oppressed by the situations described, still chooses to sit tight and not venture further afield.

I believe that overall the answer is telling you that the universe cannot grant your wish if you choose to remain where you are, nearby, with those you already know. It also shows the distress that the proximity with your ex is causing you (food, wealth, i.e. your job). Also, 47.4 might be alluding to someone who will appear in your life, but it will take quite a long time to do so (I'm unsure about this point though). I'm more certain that you won't meet any worthwhile friends or partner through work.

The idea of being a single female at a bar makes me feel pathetic
I'm totally with you. It just looks bad.

How about discovering or rediscovering a hobby of yours? Any craft, any sport, or dance, or literature evenings, or cookery, or volunteering, or politics - whatever, it doesn't really matter. Then find and join a group or a class. That's a certain way to start meeting people.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).