...life can be translucent

Menu

15.3 - to - 2 - Going to court - and very worried about making the right decision

tabitha

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone pls help with interpreting this? I have to go to court, and need to make a decision. I have been offered a settlement for my apt. it’s low, my lawyers suggest it and id be happy to be done with it. However - settling would mean losing my rent-stabilized apartment without a buyout. Upon friend’s advice I sought 2 additional opinions from lawyers - both said the settlement is terrible, and though it would involve more court appearances etc, I should stay the course for an adequate buyout.

I’ve had a horrible year with my apt and a friends death - I want to move on (it feels right in my heart), but not in my mind, bc a buyout would be great, and I don’t know what the future holds. 15.3 seems to advise wrapping things up? Unsure about 2. Thanks very much.

F

Freedda

I'd suggest that it's saying you should be persistent in getting what you think is just, but to maybe check in with yourself: are you being fair, modest, and respectful (of yourself and others) in seeking this? Maybe only you could know this, yes? Ultimately, bringing an attitude of acceptance (but not meekness) to the affair will be promising.

Best, David

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You didn't tell us what you specifically asked the I Ching so I'm just going to assume you asked for a comment.

I basically agree with David, and I think 15 is saying you should be able to get a settlement that is neither too low nor too high but reasonable. I also see 2 as meaning that with a fair settlement you'll find you're able to live with it, that this whole episode will fade into the background and not nag at you for months afterwards causing you to question if you did the right thing. So personally I see this answer as saying don't be too quick to settle just to be done with it. It will continue to bug you afterwards if you don't feel it's a fair offer. On the other hand, if you can see that it is a fair offer - and not some attempt to take advantage of you - don't hold out for some windfall, it would be more trouble than it's worth and wouldn't serve you anyway.

tabitha

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both for your response - Rosada - here was my question to the Iching - should I advance or withdraw regarding my apartment in Court on Monday - advancing meaning - not taking settlement and staying the course,
And withdrawing meant accepting the settlement. Wasn’t sure which 15.3 to 2 meant.

D

diamanda

should I advance or withdraw regarding my apartment in Court on Monday
15.3 > 2

Settle it, accept it (2). Or as you put it, wrap things up.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).