...life can be translucent

Menu

What should I know about buying this boat? 64 changing to 17

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't consulted the iching for quite sometime. I'm thinking that maybe I asked two questions that are too similar, which in the past I avoided doing.

I've been looking for a new sailboat. I want to change up life and spend my time traveling the world. I found a unique situation in which the owner who built the boat for sale would mentor me while gaining experience offshore sailing. I've already put down the deposit for it, but upon looking for a surveyor I received a buyer beware speech which made me take pause. I can still back out but should decide soon.

I asked: "what should I know about buying Horizon?"

I received: 64 changing to 17.

So I immediately interpreted that as there's still another step before completion, which I assumed means the survey has to be completed before finalizing the deal.

So I asked another question in hope of getting clarity: "what should I know if I decide to purchase Horizon?"

I received: 58.6 changing to 10

Any thoughts how I should interpret line 6?

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about 58.6. This is a tricky line. A lot of differing interpretations. Most of which no positive auspice is expressed, but I'm still not seeing it as a negative reading telling me to avoid the purchase. But of course I may be biased.

Trojina wrote this sometime back which I resonates:

I think in 58.6 one feels a strong pull, an almost automatic pull to the extent one can lose free will.

Translations vary in terms of how much judgement they place on this. Hilary's just says

'Opening that pulls'. From what I've seen in readings, my own and others, the first question to ask yourself if you feel you have a choice here and if you don't why not ? I tend to think overall this line is a call to recover some self determination, to reclaim some conscious choice. It can seem a fairly neutral line....there's an irresistible pull you feel, are you happy about that or would you like a bit of space to decide what you'd like ?

This may be what line 6 is trying to convey to me. I have surely been feeling a pull to this situation, and that for some reason I've felt at times that I don't have choice here. The owner of the vessel, however, recently urged me to consider everything carefully, which I'm doing. I'm torn, part of me wants to back out, but it's a unique siltation that I may never encounter again. I'm horrible at decisions of this magnitude which is why I consulted the IC. This might be my biggest choice I've faced yet this far in my life. My life will change radically if I go for it. I feel very stuck where I'm at presently, but radical change may just be running away.

D

diamanda

what should I know about buying Horizon?
64.1.2.5.6 > 17

It will be quite difficult to own it and handle it, but you will keep on keeping on.

what should I know if I decide to purchase Horizon?
58.6 > 10

That something/someone is alluring, but you need to be really careful with it/them.

I would suggest asking two more questions:
What will my life be like if I buy it?
What will my life be like if I don't buy it?

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi diamanda. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll asks those when I have more peace of mind. I'm very stressed because of this situation at the moment, but perhaps what I'm going through will give me more time to ponder if this is the right direction to take.

Update: I assumed hex 64 concerned the survey which needs to be completed before finalizing the purchase. I think I have confirmation now that that was indeed the case.

I was supposed to be traveling down to where the boat is right now for the survey I have scheduled, but the surveyor is missing in action. I confirmed the dates with him on 3 different occasions. He was supposed to do a portion of the survey out of water over the weekend. The owner was waiting for him all day yesterday and he never showed. The owner called, left a message, called again but then his voicemail box was full so he sent a text message. That was a day ago and still nothing. The owner went to the the marina again today, and still hasn't heard anything. I called the surveyor and left a voicemail a few hours ago and still nothing.

It's unfortunate as I'm responsible for all the costs for the haul out, and I've booked hotels, etc, that are past the cancellation period. I feel even worse about the owner waiting around, frustrated in hot weather, especially considering his age.

I'm not sure what's next as this was the only surveyor I found there who would accept the job. Sigh.

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Update 2: After waiting all weekend I finally heard back from the surveyor. I had to drive 12 hours overnight and deal with the survey with no sleep but the survey seemed to go well.

I seemed to have an agreement with the owner how to move forward, but later received a long email expressing extreme reservation for unstepping the mast so the rig could be inspected. This is standard operating procedure for a boat of its age, and no insurance company will underwrite a policy without this type of inspection being completed.

The owner essentially wants me to forgo this until much later and just have liability insurance. I doubt any buyer would be OK with this. I'm certainly not. So I'm likely to reject this. I'm considering whether or not to continue negotiate further while I'm down here.

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again diamanda.

I consulted the IC this morning with the questions you suggested.

With "What would my life be like if I buy it?" I received 36.3.6 > 27
And with "What would my life be if I don't?" I received 31.4 > 19

It seems to me that line 3 from 36 suggests that despite getting a great start things will only go slowly now. Line 6 tells me I'm not going have much luck with the endeavor.

I have a feeling 31.4 is telling me that if I move on the aversion that this situation has become will go away so that I can persist in my search which will eventually bring forward the good fortune I seek.

D

diamanda

Hi jecemis,

What would my life be like if I buy it? 36.3.6 > 27
I'm afraid I pretty much agree with you, it doesn't sound good. You will find out what's wrong with it accidentally. It will take you a long time to resolve the issue. You'll resolve it in the end, but you'll be left hungry and empty-mouthed.

What would my life be if I don't? 31.4 > 19
I'm guessing this is a typo and you meant 31.4 > 39? It looks like you'll be confused after that, and the whole project of travelling will be stuck.

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Update:

Well everything is now on hold until the middle of September with regard to the purchase. It appears the surveyor has ripped me off. I paid up front which is normal for these types of surveys. He did almost all of the work but never sent me his written report. He was supposed to send it to me that evening. Now I can't get in touch with him via phone, text message and email. I sent an email last night threatening to report him to all surveyor associations he belongs to if I don't receive it in the next day or two. His actions of course go against their codes of conduct.

So now I'm left wondering if the difficulties expressed through hexagram 64.1.2.5.6 and 36.3.6 were about the survey experience and its influence on making the purchase rather difficult rather than them warning about the actual boat. This entire experience has been much more complicated and drawn out than I'd have expected.

This is what Eclectic Energies says about line 3 of 36:

Wounded brightness at the winter hunt in the South.
Getting a great start.
It is not possible to be fast and dedicated.

Despite having a good start, things go slowly. It is not possible to speed things up.

That interpretation is very apt considering I went all the down there with the intention of finalizing everything but we couldn't move forward and were forced to delay everything until a later date.

And this is their interpretation of line 6 of hex 36:

Not brightness, but darkness.
At first ascending to heaven,
then going into the earth.
Things seemed so bright at the start, but are turning unlucky.

I'd say getting ripped off $1200 is pretty unlucky. At least now I have plenty of time, nothing has to be rushed now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).