...life can be translucent

Menu

Did any of the Daoists ever link the hexagrams with parts of the body?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Did any of the Daoists ever link the hexagrams with parts of the body?

I don't know but,
have you noticed some lines refer to body parts from the ground up?
(like 52)

Gmulii

visitor
Reaction score
When Yi Jing is used together with Traditional Chinese Medicine Hexagrams as a whole are not often used. At least in the approaches I'm familiar with. In theory the whole Hexagram can represent the body, however in practice I haven't seen it used with success.

Types of Hexagrams are used.
For example 36 - Wondering Spirit.
Its considered that this type of hexagrams(there are 8 of them in total), means someone is lost, for medical related stuff it may mean coma or problems with diagnose etc.

Trigrams are used a lot and the Images related to them. For example Yang Metal(Qian as Trigram) can show western medicine, operation and stuff like that. If that is attacking the illness and is strong that can be beneficial. Then the Trigram of the illness can show where the problem is, for example Yin Wood(Xun) can show problem with the eyes or liver etc. As already mention some knowledge about TCM is required, as the Images used there are what we work on in the lines, trigrams and hexagrams.

Also some problems can come of excess of specific element, it isn't always if its weak. So it can be complicated, as TCM is much more complicated then most people in the west think( it includes the whole acupuncture, acupressure and many other fields and even just learning the basic idea of how the meridians work can take some time).

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Check out LiSe's Sun and Moon
Line 6 - head, ears, horns
Line 5 - head, nape, nose, mouth
Line 4 - back, torso
Line 3 - thigh, waise, groin
Line 2 - calves, ankles
Line 1 - foot, toe, tail

Good Luck

Yuhanhuangli

visitor
Reaction score
Qian is head Dui is mouthLi is eyeZhen is feetXun is legKan is earGen is noseKun is belly

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).