...life can be translucent

Menu

Is this person in love with me? 34.4 to 11

D

darest

In terms of feelings, would 34.4 indicate that someone is in love with you? This line indicates the hedge opening, which I take as meaning opportunities and quiet and persistent power making this union successful. I am not sure how it applies to him being in love with me or his feelings though, maybe he does have feelings and wants to express them? I am so stumped. The line changes to hexagram 11 so I’m hoping this is a good sign.

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I think the hardest part here is his mental state. Often I hear warnings about a divination like this one. I think a better question would be: what is the state of the relationship with X? Or maybe, what can I do to ensure my relationship with X lasts (or is happy, fulfilling, and the like)?
That being said, I do think the Oracle is encouraging you.
Nine at Fourth: Divination: the way is open. Repenting extinguished. The hedge is broken through, there is no more entanglement. Invigorating strength in the axles of the great cart.
Does it feel like you've made a breakthrough with him? Are obstacles being cleared away? Maybe the Yi is saying that entanglements and other hindrances to your relationship will disappear.

I'm not 100%, but, to be fair, I rarely am. Hope this helps out, and I hope it works out for the best.

D

darest

Yes, currently there are entanglements and obstacles. I am currently waiting for him to contact me because he knows he needs to. And it is so funny you picked up on his mental state because I do feel he needs to be more balanced! I did ask what the state of my relationship with him was and received 8.5, I’m not sure if that is good or bad.

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I'm less certain about that response from the Yi. It sounds like you may need to ask a different question, but the changing line could mean you need to be more active. Maybe you need to prod him a bit.
A manifestation of grouping. The king uses beaters on three sides of the hunt. Letting go the game that goes before. The capital's people are not admonished. The way is open.
Karcher's commentary seems to indicate he needs to be given an escape hatch so that you can ensure he really wants to be with you.
...Do not close all the avenues of escape. Then, what is caught has chosen to be with you. ... You do not have to scold people to make them obey you. The way is open. You are in the right position to act.
What part of this resonates with you? I'm not sure if this means you should give him space (avenue of escape; don't have to scold him) or if you should try to gently prod him. Sounds potentially positive, but it also sounds like you may need to retrace everything and see if another question is in order. I have no idea what other question you should ask, though. :confused:

D

darest

Now that you mentioned your thoughts for 8.5, I am beginning to make sense of this. I have given him plenty of time and space so I don’t think more space is needed. Maybe I should gently prod him like you said. I asked the I Ching, should I contact him and got 63.2. This is the 3rd time I received this message, and I remember the 1st time getting this msg last year and getting contact in 7 days from the other person. 2nd time I got this message last week about getting contact, but I received no contact yet. 3rd time looks like I will have to wait another week and find out.

D

darest

Well it looks like I haven’t gotten contact on the 7th day. This is unusual because when I get 63.2 I usually get a message from the person in question within 7 days.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
This is unusual because when I get 63.2 I usually get a message from the person in question within 7 days.

Of course the meaning of a result may not only differ from person to person, but also from situation to situation. Maybe here the emphasis is not to put on the 7 days but on the advice that you shouldn't give in to a feeling of embarrassement or anxiety because of the situation.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).