...life can be translucent

Menu

What with all these changing lines? 32.3.4.5.6 > 59

Witherwings

visitor
Reaction score
So I had already asked Yi a question and this one was a follow-up, namely “how should I deal with this hurt?” I got 32 (Duration) changing to 59 (Dispersion). These two do seem to make sense, because the cause of my hurt is at the moment a long-term thing and the dispersion of my stuck emotions would be the goal for me in this case.What confused me though, were the changing lines. They are almost all quite ‘negative’, although I do identify with them, and am ‘guilty’ of doing exactly all these things when I feel hurt or sad. (I tend to get caught up in what others think of me, I tend to look for ways to alleviate my hurt in all the (wrong) places and I tend to get restless.) What I don’t understand, is how these changing lines lead up to the solution (59)? I’ve thought of a few ways to interpret this and am curious to know your opinions about it. 1. While googling I found one advice on handling 4 changing lines, namely to look at the uppermost UNchanging line. This line seems to make better sense for me, but it also seems a little random to just pick another line? 2. Does this reading maybe mean, that the result of my behavior regarding my sadness will always (have to) result in the ‘dispersion’ of my emotions and that this is the only way it can be right now? Can the resulting hexagram also contain the advice, or should I take it as the unavoidable result of the actions portrayed in the changing lines? 3.Should I take the changing lines as an advice on what NOT to do? I’m really interested to hear what you guys make of this! Thank you :)

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I believe these changing lines are telling you both what needs to be done and what not to do.
Nine at Third: Not persevering in your power and virtue. Perhaps you will receive something, even then you will be embarrassed. Divination: Shame and confusion.
Nine at Fourth: Divination: The fields are without birds of prey.
Six at Fifth: Divination: persevere in your power and virtue. The way is open for the wife and her people. The way is closed for the husband and the son.
Six Above: Rousing persevering, the way is closed.
3. Return to virtue (whatever that means for you) to avoid embarrassment. Correct your attitude.
4. This situation is not fruitful. You have to move on.
5. Be virtuous. In respect to following the way of the wife and her people, I looked to Huang for more commentary, and I think this means to be gentle while still considering your actions. Huang says,"the core messages...is that by acting properly one will be free from unnecessary action later."
6. Again, I referred to Huang's commentary: "...it is time to stop." Maybe you need to stop trying to cure your hurt in the wrong ways, but I am not completely sure since I don't know your situation.

I wish you the best. And, as I'm fond of saying, I hope this helps.

Witherwings

visitor
Reaction score
It does make a lot more sense if you put it that way! Thanks @Sun Wukomg and I’m definitely going to take the advice :)

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
And it very well could just refer to you taking a long time (32) to go about dispersing (59) him.

You have not let go of him yet...

When you think about him,
you are still involved.

Think about other things.
ANY OTHER THINGS.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What I don’t understand, is how these changing lines lead up to the solution (59)? I’ve thought of a few ways to interpret this and am curious to know your opinions about it. 1. While googling I found one advice on handling 4 changing lines, namely to look at the uppermost UNchanging line. This line seems to make better sense for me, but it also seems a little random to just pick another line? 2. Does this reading maybe mean, that the result of my behavior regarding my sadness will always (have to) result in the ‘dispersion’ of my emotions and that this is the only way it can be right now? Can the resulting hexagram also contain the advice, or should I take it as the unavoidable result of the actions portrayed in the changing lines? 3.Should I take the changing lines as an advice on what NOT to do? I’m really interested to hear what you guys make of this! Thank you :)

@hilary; this is a fairly common issue especially lately where people go to other websites and glean odd ideas about how to read multiple change lines then come here for help; but they don't look here for instruction in the 'learn' section ? This is quite peculiar if you consider they must have gone looking for information on these other sites where there are no helpful forum people to advise. Here no one has advised about how to deal with multi change lines and I don't blame them. After all we just end up writing the same thing over and over again about options for understanding multiple change lines. Ideally we could just link to the 'learn' section for multiple moving lines.

Anyway for an understanding of all these things Witherwings you can do the free online course under the 'learn' tab I think or take the Foundations Course where you will get a proper clear idea of how to interpret multiple change lines, the relating hexagram and much much more.

You said

While googling I found one advice on handling 4 changing lines, namely to look at the uppermost UNchanging line.

It seems to me worth questioning that given the amount of decent learning resources available here you should resort to some random nonsensical advice as this that you found whilst Googling. It's wrong, it's misleading, oh and the relating hexagram isn't any kind of 'unavoidable result' and then having gathered this false information it's interesting you come here for help in the shared readings section. ( Edit...that comes across like I'm saying you did something wrong but that's not what I'm saying I'm just wondering why the learning resources here weren't more prominent to you. If they were you would have gone straight there and maybe Hilary might make them more prominent somehow)

To be clear this isn't any kind of comment on you at all but an observation I'm making to Hilary because Hilary asked us to highlight to people here the learning resources there are here. What you have said here I see multiple times from many newbies. It especially seems to be on the increase where people come here to SR saying they read somewhere with 5 moving lines only read the unchanging one or with 3 moving lines only read the middle one. My point is why are newbies searching for the information from random misleading sources and then coming here to ask us to explain rather than heading straight to your resources. That will always happen it's just it seems to happen a lot more lately.

Out of curiosity did you see the Learn section here Witherwings ? Here is the link
https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/learn/

Last edited:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, Trojina.

I think Witherwing's approach is increasingly the normal way people use the internet: you look for what you want on Google, you visit the page, and then you hit the 'back' button to return to Google and look for the next thing. It's often the quickest way to get what you want, rather than navigating through links on each new site.

So I probably need to rethink people's first experiences when they join this site, and if there's more I can do to help people find their way to the 'learn' pages here. Meanwhile, it's great to have people posting links...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).