...life can be translucent

Menu

Question: Will I have a family? Received Hex 55 unchanging

merely-labelled

visitor
Reaction score
Can people help me please w this? I think I'm looking at it too figuratively, and would appreciate some objective opinions.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Sometimes we cannot understand Yi's answer without knowing something of the subject (you and your life).

Is there a lot going on with you right now?

merely-labelled

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Moss, sorry I'm new here and of course you'd need some context. Yesterday was my 38th b'day and I'm currently single so I'm rapidly beginning to think the having a child thing may be not on the cards for me this time round. There's a guy in the picture but he's non-committal and we're in the friend zone where it's good but i find myself day dreaming about it working out - once he's sorted all his issues of course!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I don't know if the Yi is answering directly if you'll have a family. To me it looks like it is simply giving you an atmospheric picture of the situation.
Hex 55 is speaking of the sun that is at its zenith now. Naturally after the peak the decline is to follow of course.
So the Yi seems to say: The time is now. I would take it as an encouragement and a warning at the same time, if it were my reading.
I think if it is important for you to have a family, you will have to ponder over if this non-committal guy really will get his things sorted out in the forseeable future.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome, Merely-Labelled! And Happy Birthday.

There's some good reflection on 55 unchanging in this thread: https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...eriences-with-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-55

Lise's commentary stands out: "55 - Act at the moment itself, next second it is gone"

And the quote by R.L. Wing posted by Trojina might also be helpful:

LI, attachment in the lower trigram, arouses CHEN, shock in the upper. Without changing lines ZENITH gives rise to the idea of over abundance. It is time to be discriminating toward the profusion that surrounds you. Do not allow that which you have desired to possess you. In order to make progress you must make judgements about what is good for your development and reform or eradicate your excessive attachments.

As equinox wrote, at 55 something is at its peak. The hexagram's image also says: "Thunder and lightning culminate as one.
In this way, the noble one decides legal proceedings and brings about punishment."

You can replace "noble one" with your own name, and read it that way: "Merely-Labelled decides legal proceedings and brings about punishment."

It doesn't necessarily mean something as extreme as a lawsuit, but it suggests you must make firm decisions and put a stop to any bad behavior in others that you've been tolerating.

Equinox is right, it is both an encouragement and a warning at the same time. If you want a family, this reading seems to say it's possible, but it requires being decisive and recognizing that time is not infinite. This guy in the picture right now—make your intentions clear and if he is wishy-washy (or outright not interested), don't waste a moment longer on him.

Have you looked into being a single mother by choice? It might be worth meditating on that and then asking Yi a question or two.

Good luck!

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Another quote from that thread about 55 unchanging that stands out, this one from anemos: "be decisive and put aside the past and follow your path."

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).