...life can be translucent

Menu

Responding to shared readings: 24 UC

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
I have been trying my hand at helping people with their readings, but then it occurred to me: should I really be trying to help people? Am I really qualified?
So, I asked "What will be the result if I keep responding to shared readings in spite of my inexperience?"

I received Hexagram 24: Return (The Turning Point)

I have been lurking here off and on since 2013-14ish, but I haven't been consistent. The last time I was on was when I was struggling with school (Mid 2017). Now I've returned. Is this the Yi's way of telling me to go back the way I came? :(

Or is the Yi stating that I have returned to one of the sources of wisdom in my life?

Seems likely this could refer to returning to this forum and to the Oracle in general.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have been trying my hand at helping people with their readings, but then it occurred to me: should I really be trying to help people? Am I really qualified?
So, I asked "What will be the result if I keep responding to shared readings in spite of my inexperience?"

I have been lurking here off and on since 2013-14ish, but I haven't been consistent. The last time I was on was when I was struggling with school (Mid 2017). Now I've returned. Is this the Yi's way of telling me to go back the way I came? :(

Or is the Yi stating that I have returned to one of the sources of wisdom in my life?

Seems likely this could refer to returning to this forum and to the Oracle in general.

What an interesting and reflective question. Also interesting you got the same answer as on this current thread

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...-dead-think-of-the-living&p=255840#post255840

I may link both on the 24uc thread you may have seen here

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...ing-Castings-hexagram-24-&p=176436#post176436

Hmm it's interesting as I have been reflecting on this myself lately and reflecting on SR in general

So

Yes, well I think you are more than qualified but no particular standard is required to begin helping people anyway. I mean the only time people jumping in to answer is not good is where someone very wildly misleads but that isn't very common anyway and besides other people usually come in with their views also.

The thing is SR was meant to be a place where people shared readings not a place where some people gave readings to other people. But it's generally worked out that at any one time there's a group of people who assist with readings and a group of people who simply receive.

I was about to say the sticky linked to in my signature says something about that but of course it doesn't. It advises how to post readings it doesn't say anything about maybe attempting to help others with readings as well as posting your own. No reason it should I suppose.

But anyway you didn't ask me you asked Yi

I wonder if it depends on how it impacts on you to respond in SR ? 24 is a very relaxed kind of an answer whereby if you feel you have gone out of your way, or have been pulled out of your way the counsel is to return to your centre, close the passes, recuperate.

Interesting the complement or opposite of 24 is 44 and 44 is those things that do intrude and pull you out of your own path and 24 is where you go back to your own path.

How does it make you feel to respond here is the question I think. At least it's my question, the question I'd need to ask in order to interpret the 24.

If you ever find it makes you a bit frazzled or distracted I think 24 would be asking you to re centre yourself.

I personally find if I answer a number of people over a period of time, without knowing it I've sort of over extended energetically in some sense. It's not a game as you know so even if you enjoy doing it you still have a certain kind of responsibility about how to put over what you think the Oracle is saying. What is more the Oracle is not always polite so you can spend ages writing the most diplomatic answer you can muster, still end up upsetting someone, then have to re explain...and hang on...wait a minute.... you just used a huge chunk of your time, mind power, emotional energy, carefully answering someone who may never ever come back.

So I think when you respond you actually put a lot of energy out there and over a period of time that can be enervating for you and is also very unbalanced in terms of the give and take dynamics here.

Those are reasons why I think Yi might say 24 to your question but I don't know if you have ever noticed those things or how it effects you to respond.

I have been lurking here off and on since 2013-14ish, but I haven't been consistent. The last time I was on was when I was struggling with school (Mid 2017). Now I've returned. Is this the Yi's way of telling me to go back the way I came?

The Image for 24 says from Wilhelm

'Thunder within the earth:
The image of THE TURNING POINT.
Thus the kings of antiquity closed the passes
At the time of solstice.
Merchants and strangers did not go about,
And the ruler
Did not travel through the provinces.

suggests to me that either this responding is a source of replenishment for you; perhaps you are in a quiet time and responding here is part of that return to your own centre, your own path and interests

OR

Yi is saying to basically re centre yourself, don't become too pulled off track through responding which can happen through the things I described above for example.

I'm leaning towards the first, that responding is actually part of the 24 phase of your life. You're coming back to Yi. For sure responding to others can really sharpen your intuition and your intuition about Yi answers so there is a pay off for you....yet there is also a cost.

My own opinion FWIW is that I'm very glad you respond here :)

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina. Your response moved me. I love the options you listed. I think it may be a combination of both.
I can get a little frustrated when I spend time looking through translations only to feel like I can't quite respond in any meaningful way.
And I also agree with the preceding point. I really like when I can help.
Thanks again, Trojina.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Good question. I also believe that you don't necessarily have to have a certain level of experience to handle readings responsibly, as Trojina said, even though experience seldom hurts of course. Above all it's a question of attitude. And I think with this modest attitude of yours -- combined with your I-Ching experience -- you already have the best prerequisites for acting as responsible as possible.

Of course, the possibility to be off track, to totally hit the wrong nerve with an answer (and maybe sometimes the right nerve ; )) can never ever be excluded -- which carries the risk to unintentionally upset people. That may also be one of the reasons why people frequently neglect their threads or do not give any feedback at all. (But a lot of people abandon their threads for other reasons.)Which can be frustrating.

Personally and lately I only dare an interpretation if I really feel the impulse, for example because I had a similar result in a similar situation or because it just feels right for me to make a contribution, because I can relate to the result and the situation for whatever reason. I think it's not a good idea to force myself to answer because I want to help someone with their reading, while I can' t relate too much to the result or have no time or muse to deal with it. I am most probably not a great help then.

Technically I also try to solve the question of responsibility for example in such a way that I normally don't answer on threads that deal with the topics of health and pregnancy, there are some exceptions, but then I normally always add that I am neither an expert on that topic nor an I-Ching expert.

I believe it is important to keep in mind that one can always be off-track -- even the most experienced here are from time to time. And this insight should also be reflected in one's own attitude while answering on threads imo. But at the same time I think it is also important to trust your intitution and to trust that your sincere will to help somebody with their reading is naturally a good thing and something you are allowed to be confident about.

That wasn't an interpreation of your result of course, only some general thoughts, but I find Trojina already gave a good one.

Ah yes, btw, one of the best examples that there is most probably no definite "right" or "wrong" in the I-Ching, as one would maybe expect from the hard sciences, is the observation that there are often two or more interpretations of a result in a thread that are completely different but seem to be equally convincing.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).