...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagra 24 - What do the dead think of the living?

T

The9thSpade

I've been incredibly sentimental lately ... the anniversary of a friend's tragic death is just days away, and so I asked all of the requisite questions regarding his souls' journey, etc., but I thought that it'd be helpful to someone to share what Yi had to say when I asked "What do the dead think of the living?"

Yi answered: hexagram 24 (Returning)

This has me wondering about reincarnation, of course ... Hilary describes it as being similar to breathing, and in my experience getting this unchanging hexagram, there is this feeling of being in a natural atmosphere to it, as well.

I'd love to know what any of you think ...

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
What do the living think of the dead?
(You'll notice there is no consensus answer possible.)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
The question of what the dead may think of the living is one that has played on man's mind since forever I guess. My sister worked herself to death taking care of our grandfather's affairs after he died because she had made a death bed promise to him and didn't want to disappoint him. I had a visitation from my father after he died where he actually apologized to me for our misunderstandings! When I started dating again after my husband died all sorts of weird things happened that kept potential suitors away ("his" car breaking down so I couldn't go out - and then being fine the next day, his picture falling off the wall when a date came to pick me up - this happened twice) I finally had a "talk" with him and told him to cut it out or else send me someone he approved of. I met my new husband the next day! So I definitely think when souls leave our sight here on earth they still continue to care. But I've come to view life as being something like a theatrical. We are playing parts and when we die we go off stage and sit in the audience and watch and just as you might root for the hero and boo the villain you don't condemn the actors and mostly you just want everyone to put on a good show.

24. Return
Hilary comments that Return can describe a round trip: going out, gaining something from the journey, and then returning home.
As a response to your question, "What do the dead think of the living?" it suggests to me that in general when we pass on the soul then reflects on what it has gained from the life experience. This is probably as specific an answer that can be had from such a broad question but it does seem to confirm what others have reported after having near death experiences.

wayopens

visitor
Reaction score
A return to the body, to the earth. New potential of discovery of unity through differentiation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).