...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagrams without changing lines

avatorotava

visitor
Reaction score
Hallo group,
I wonder how in general you interpret the fact the the hexagram doesn't have any changing lines
In my feelings it seems like the situation is kind of stuck and I take it as a little negative sign, even if the first hexagram is positive
Am I correct?

Thanks

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score

avatorotava

visitor
Reaction score
One more point, I may be wrong, but I think these sort of questions belong in the exploring divination forum. I only say this because you didn't share a reading in your initial post.

You are right, sorry about this!

F

Freedda

avatorotava:

I don't look at it this way at all. That's like saying it's always better to buy five things at the store and not just one thing. Getting one hexagram is only that -- getting one hexagram. Change is built into the I Ching and the hexagrams; being stuck is more often a result of our actions.

I'd venture that getting an unchanging hexagram could mean the answer is a bit more straight-forward or succinct, but neither of those are bad qualities. In fact, there are people who will only look at the cast hexagram, even if they get changing lines and a resulting hexagram.

You may want to look at the sticky thread about positive and negative hexagrams in the exploring divination section.
.... it seems like the situation is kind of stuck and I take it as a little negative sign, even if the first hexagram is positive.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
There is no signifigance at all to an unchanging hexagram, other than that it is a simple and sufficient way to answer the question. (be thankful when you get one! They are the easiest to understand.)

Yi has many ways to describe a 'stuck' situation with its text. Don't 'read into' an answer and see what is not being said.

Rks1157

visitor
Reaction score
No situation is actually stuck. Even if circumstances evolve slowly so do we, our perspectives and our relationship to the situation so everything no matter how still it may seem is always changing.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hallo group,
I wonder how in general you interpret the fact the the hexagram doesn't have any changing lines
In my feelings it seems like the situation is kind of stuck and I take it as a little negative sign, even if the first hexagram is positive
Am I correct?

Thanks

Are you aware there's a thread for people's experiences with each hexagram in it's unchanging form. Will link.

Also at the beginning there is this thread where LiSe for example compiles all the different views of unchanging hexagrams here

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...periences-With-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-0

...and here is the link for all of them

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?16301-List-of-unchanging-hexagrams-threads

There's no relating hexagram with an unchanging hexagram of course and so one isn't exactly positioned in relation to the situation in the way one might be with moving lines. I think that idea is discussed in the link above. That first link is a very useful summary of all the different ideas about how receiving an unchanging hexagram differs.

Hmmm when you said

Am I correct?

When there are no moving lines there is only one hexagram so I don't understand what you mean by 'even if the first hexagram is positive'. There isn't a first and a second just one hexagram if there are no moving lines.

F

Freedda

Thanks Trojina. I took the 'first' hexagram to mean the cast hexagram and I read the line as:

"In my feelings it seems like the situation is kind of stuck and I take it as a little negative sign, even if the cast hexagram is positive"​

But that's just my take on it. Best, David.

When there are no moving lines there is only one hexagram so I don't understand what you mean by 'even if the first hexagram is positive'. There isn't a first and a second just one hexagram if there are no moving lines.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).