...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 63 and big decision

Surrajoon_44

visitor
Reaction score
This is my first time posting, I’ve been using the I Ching for a couple years but I’m looking for a little clarity on this one. I have a big decision to make about my career and I don’t know how to choose the right path. I asked the I Ching “please advise, how do I choose the right path for my career?” I got hexagram 63 with no changing lines. I can choose to play it safe a pick the job that will make me more money right away but may not be as fulfilling or I can choose a job I’ve dreamed about and completely start over and change my life around. Can anyone offer any insight to what 63 could be telling me?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
What field of work are you engaged in now?

63 means Already Complete.
As if the current field were the best for you.

F

Freedda

I gather you've asked how to make your decision, not necessarily how it should or might turn out. Good for you.

Already Complete could be read as a time to relax, ease up, or let your guard down because you've already reached your goal (or to maybe stick with the goal or career you've already reached?).

But ... it could be calling for an attitude to your decision-making where you pay close attention to the details of your options, to consider what tweaks or course corrections may be needed.

Maybe its a good time to 'try on' the different options to see how they fit and feel -- but keep in mind that they will all have their pluses and minuses, their challenges, their moments when you get stuck in the mud and your coat tail gets wet.

Maybe let the notion of perfection -- the perfect job, home, mate -- take a back seat in your decision, which might let you interact and play a bit in the process.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
It could also mean that you already made your decision (but maybe your unconscious hasn't made it clear to your consciousness yet ;))

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Well the Image of 63 says to contemplate the known possible sorrows/misfortunes that would accompany each path..... in order to make your decision.

So, you may already have enough knowledge to work with.

But, when you come to a fork in the road, you can ask One question for each path.
What about/What if I go down
path 1?
What about/What if I go down path 2?

Surrajoon_44

visitor
Reaction score
That’s great advice. I asked for both and for option one I received 54.5.6 >10. For option two I received 21.4 >27. Upon overviewing both of them it has me a little unsettled but I’m trying to read up more on both. It may be like Freedda said earlier that each may have its own trials and positive and negative. If you have any insights on those results I’d love to hear them.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
I'd go with option 2 if it were me. Biting through has success and the line although it sounds nasty to bite into metal arrows it says good luck. 27 Corners of the mouth says to be careful to nurture yourself in this situation and pay attention to how those around you choose to feed themselves.
54 usually tells me that this choice is not going to turn out how i want or that it would waste time and energy.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).