...life can be translucent

Menu

11>36 - Same reading twice

dancing flame

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I haven't posted for a long time.

I just did a reading about my new neighbour and got 11>36. I then did a reading asking How can I increase my income and was surprised to get the same answer 11>36. I'd appreciate any thoughts on what this means.

The background is, I've just moved into a new flat and became very friendly with my neighbour. For a 2 months I was going back and forth between my old flat and the new one, busy renovating and decorating and she was lovely - giving me advice, inviting me in for cups of tea. I really thought I'd made a new friend and she talked about us going out dancing and visiting Sunday markets together. It felt very nice and easy.

There was one incident that unnerved me though. She has health issues, which she seems very attached to, and she completely flipped when I talked about using paint to renew my bathroom floor. She said it might inflame her asthma and told me I CAN'T do that and ranted for some time. In other words she dictated to me what I can and can't do with my own flat. Then she told me about a time in the past when she took her neighbour to court for using paint fumes that seeped into the corridor and caused her to end up in hospital. She sued him for the cost of having to spend a month away from the flat. I was very upset about this but was able to let it go.

When I saw her a week later things seemed good between us and I was looking forward to having a lovely neighbour and developing our friendship. I moved fully into my new flat a few weeks ago and since then I have felt a chill from her. A definite psychic energy of 'keep away'. I was upset at first but then got that I don't need people like that in my life. I'm a very friendly and open person and have great friends in my life already so rejection isn't a big loss to me. I want to keep on good terms but I don't need to be in and out of her place and am ok to keep a friendly distance if that is what she wants.

I asked the I-Ching a very open question "What about C" and it gave me 11>36

Re the income. This new flat is a very big transition for me after a period of difficulty. The icing on the cake would be finding a way to increase my income that doesn't involve lots of hard work and struggle. I'd love to be doing the thing I enjoy and be rewarded generously for my efforts.

The I-Ching seems to be saying the same thing to me for both situations and I have some sense of what it all means but would appreciate some extra clarity on it.

Thank you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I haven't posted for a long time.

No, but there are several rather interesting old threads of yours where it would be great if you could share the outcomes. One was to do with hearing voices and one was to do with finding a home. You did respond to these but it would be good to know, with hindsight how these old casts turned out for you. Will link in case you can't find them.

There's this one

and there's this one

I'd love to know what you think about those casts now, if you can remember.

I just did a reading about my new neighbour and got 11>36. I then did a reading asking How can I increase my income and was surprised to get the same answer 11>36. I'd appreciate any thoughts on what this means.

Well it's about the general tenor of the time you are going through, it's advice for this current time in your life. This time in your life includes both your neighbour and your worries about income. So this is something Yi 'wants' to say to you.

Here is the line, Hilary's translation from Wikiwing

'Embracing emptiness, using it to cross the river He without a boat.
Not distanced from those left behind/ Not distancing and leaving behind.
Friends disappear.
Gaining honour, moving to the centre.'

You haven't said what this means to you at all. It is really important we get your impressions.

The background is, I've just moved into a new flat and became very friendly with my neighbour. For a 2 months I was going back and forth between my old flat and the new one, busy renovating and decorating and she was lovely - giving me advice, inviting me in for cups of tea. I really thought I'd made a new friend and she talked about us going out dancing and visiting Sunday markets together. It felt very nice and easy.

Good. Relevant information for your 2013 thread on finding a home.

There was one incident that unnerved me though. She has health issues, which she seems very attached to, and she completely flipped when I talked about using paint to renew my bathroom floor. She said it might inflame her asthma and told me I CAN'T do that and ranted for some time. In other words she dictated to me what I can and can't do with my own flat. Then she told me about a time in the past when she took her neighbour to court for using paint fumes that seeped into the corridor and caused her to end up in hospital. She sued him for the cost of having to spend a month away from the flat. I was very upset about this but was able to let it go.

Hmm yes a very loud warning bell I think. In your shoes I think I'd want to withdraw from her. What she is saying is unreasonable and very controlling and no she can't dictate what you do in your bathroom and I doubt she actually even sued the neighbour. The fact that she told you she sued the neighbour was a kind of threat IMO, nasty.

When I saw her a week later things seemed good between us and I was looking forward to having a lovely neighbour and developing our friendship. I moved fully into my new flat a few weeks ago and since then I have felt a chill from her. A definite psychic energy of 'keep away'. I was upset at first but then got that I don't need people like that in my life. I'm a very friendly and open person and have great friends in my life already so rejection isn't a big loss to me. I want to keep on good terms but I don't need to be in and out of her place and am ok to keep a friendly distance if that is what she wants.

Exactly. 11.2 is excellent advice and you describe some of it in the area I have bolded

There's often a sense of sadness or loss in 11.2, well that is shown in 36 as relating but also many experiences testify to that. But if you read the line, in the context of hexagram 11 it shows being in a great creative flow of life, things are moving and changing. As they move and change one must needs travel light, losing sight of the familiar, which can be sad but by 'embracing emptiness' one crosses the river. Crossing the river means attaining big goals, getting where you want to go. Where you are going is what to keep your eye on.

Again

Friends disappear.

It's a beautiful line, try reading it out loud like a poem in different voices. Try reading out all the different translations you have, really get into how this line feels to you.

I suggest this because this is an important cast, so important Yi has given it you twice so it's talking to you and you need to really hear all the words. To me it feels like letting go of baggage and encumbrance, travelling light with much faith in the future. At times you lose sight of friends, you lose sight of them, doesn't mean you lost them altogether but it can feel lonely. Yi is saying that's all okay because you are crossing a river.

All read through hexagram 11 and see how it differs from hexagram 12.

I asked the I-Ching a very open question "What about C" and it gave me 11>36

Re the income. This new flat is a very big transition for me after a period of difficulty. The icing on the cake would be finding a way to increase my income that doesn't involve lots of hard work and struggle. I'd love to be doing the thing I enjoy and be rewarded generously for my efforts.

The I-Ching seems to be saying the same thing to me for both situations and I have some sense of what it all means but would appreciate some extra clarity on it.

Ah so you do have some sense of what it means for you...please share. So for the second question you asked how to increase your income and Yi gives you the same answer. Hmmm

Again

Friends disappear.

My sense of this is that the answer is bigger than the questions you asked. We focus on bits of our lives Yi often comments on the whole direction it. We think parts of our lives are not connected up but answers like these show that they are.

So you are on a quest, travelling light, not minding loneliness though maybe feeling it sometimes. You are supported even though you have no boat, even though you lost sight of the familiar and this is through 'embracing emptiness'. How can we take that phrase ? Makes me think of holding on to a great balloon full of air...crossing the river holding an inflatable.... It doesn't exactly mean that but I feel 'embracing emptiness' means not struggling or fighting for fullness, you can just float for a while, you don't need to thrash about hard trying to get somewhere because at this time you are being carried along if you can let go of things that weigh you down, like the neighbour.

But how to make more money ? Well I can't be sure except I feel the line calls for a lightness of touch and both eyes on the bigger picture. The last line says 'Gaining honour, moving to the centre' to me this means your life and your person are enhanced and you become more in harmony with the way, the flow of life.

So money ? Erm I think you if you continue with the attitude that carried you this far you can't go far wrong. I have the idea you might quite lightly pick up some part time work or something that fits in with your plans but you know best about how this line might apply to your question in practical terms.

I also wonder, as this line often accompanies a sense of loss, even though it's a wonderful line, if Yi is simply telling you not to fret about money.

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I couldn't help commenting. I have issues with multiple chemical sensitivity and honestly, when your body is being threatened by some chemical compound, the reaction can be extreme.

I've seen my friend, who also has ME and MCS, who is a mild-mannered, emotionally mature Buddhist, shrieking like a banshee when her mother used a hair dye in her flat and my friend had to go to bed for hours with the door closed and the window open. I've had the same reaction to washing powder and did the same thing, running off to my bedroom, crying uncontrollably, feeling poisoned.

It's impossible for people to understand unless they've experienced it themselves. And so I feel I can understand this neighbour's extreme reaction and I feel like the Yi is saying to give them space without writing them off as a nutcase.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).