...life can be translucent

Menu

Losing a friend. Advice - Hexagram 43.3.5

sartoris

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I´ve been totally reckless and irresponsible towards a very good friend of mine. She's in my life for almost 2 years - we've been seeing each other during this time, but it has been always like that: I usually imposed the way and time for us to meet. We haven't delevoped our relationship. We've actually never talked about it.

But we've had a conversation two days ago - after 2 weeks fo no contact - in which she decided to put an end to our relation. She said she was suffering too much to continue with this routine. She showed me all my flaws, the moments where I somehow showed her our relationship wasn't that important to me. She said she was tired of having a superficial relationship.

I didn't know I was hurting her. I thought everything was ok. But now I know I wasn't taking care of us.

Now I think I really lost someone important in my life. I feel ashamed for knowing this just now. This all sounds immature, but that's the way I did.

I asked the IChing for advice, and I got 43.3.5 to 54.

This seems confusing to me. The hexagram seems to show I should do something - our make a decision on something; but it seems there's more to it in those changing lines.
Actually, I AM confused: I wish I could write her to make amends and really try something out together, having a stable relationship and so on; but at the same time I don't know if that's what I should do; sometimes I think I should have some time to think why I was so irresponsible towards our relationship.

Sorry for my poor English! Hope I was clear.

Thanks for any advice on this reading!

D

diamanda

I asked the IChing for advice 43.3.5 > 54
The hexagram seems to show I should do something

On the contrary, the answer shows that it's not a good idea to do anything. 43.3 speaks of being very resolved to walk alone (no relationship) and meet the rain (sex). So this pretty much describes the situation as it has been for two years. You were very resolved to not commit and you two were not a couple. I find it very weird that in two years it didn't cross your mind to commit, or that she didn't complain at all, but anyway. 43.5 shows a struggle to unroot unwanted things - however it all ends in 54, second best, or 'a lover on the side', and with 54 again it's not favourable to act. So even if you try hard to correct your behaviour towards her, the result will still not be good.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).