...life can be translucent

Menu

Landlords selling the flat - Sequel - Hex 1 2.4>37

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all again,I have a confirmation. The landlords are selling the flat I am renting.
"Further to my message this morning, we are genuinely very sorry that we cannot hold on to the apartment, while also buying a house, but unfortunately we just cannot make it work financially. Our ideal situation is to have it sold by the end of the year, so that we can purchase early in the New Year, however we want to be as fair to you as possible and we know that this is a tough market to find an alternative in. The valuers have indicated that it would probably take 4-6 weeks to get a sale agreed on it, with a further 2 months give or take for conveyancing and legals to be sorted out and the sale closed. They have also estimated that a number of open and individual viewings would be needed, as well as access for surveying. It is difficult to quantify exactly what this would involve, but we can talk to you about it. They generally recommend that the apartment is vacant before putting it on the market, but if you were open to accommodating the viewings, then we would be happy to offer you a reduction in the rent to acknowledge that, and perhaps look at a 3 month lease to give you time to find something? But we completely understand if you are not comfortable with that inconvenience and with people being in your home. Obviously we would not be expecting you to give a months notice, and would work with you to facilitate a seamless move for you, even at very short notice, where you are not paying rent in 2 places. So that is where things are at, at the moment, and our initial suggestion as to how it might work for all involved. Rather than phone you with this news, we wanted to give you a little time to have a think about it and then either meet with us (we can call over to you) or have a phone conversation to see what might work best for you and for us. We are conscious too that your lease expires before the end of this month, but rest assured we are not asking at all that you vacate the apartment at that time, and very much want to work with you for a practical outcome for all. "
So it's at least good they won't throw me out to the streets. But that doesn't make the rental situation in this country better. I asked the I Ching, how I should act in the current situation with the flat to achieve success? And received
Hex 1 2.4>37
Wilhelm/Baynes: Dragon appearing in the field. It furthers one to see the great man. Blofeld: The dragon is perceived in an open place; it is advantageous to visit a great man.
and:
Legge: In the fourth dynamic line we see its subject as the dragon looking as if he were leaping up, but still in the deep. There will be no mistake. Wilhelm/Baynes: Wavering flight over the depths. No blame. Blofeld: Leaping about on the brink of a chasm, he is not at fault.
Does this say about me having a good influence, so that this still gives me a bit of a flexibility? Leaping on the brink of a chasm [having no home?] other interpretation says
Dragon in the Field = get helpers. Changes to (13) Fellowship. Develop your talent and explore networking ideas.
so maybe suggesting I shall ask other people at work etc for help with this? Anyway the initial I Ching casting saying that I might be able to stay a little longer here but eventually need to move out turned out to be correct. Still sad as I liked the place very much and tired because this will be my 14 [yes, 14!] moving since 2005 when I left my home country. :(

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I think of 1.2 as being about the importance of having a role model for what one is wanting to create rather than just blindly going out and trying to reinvent the wheel. Thus if a person were wanting to be successful in business they would study successful business men or if one were intending to take a trip they would study maps first. In your case this could be saying you should start by being very clear about what you are wanting. Probably good to make a written list including the location, space, price. You might also ask around and see how other people found their flats. You may not end up with exactly what you had in mind or you may not follow the same path as others did to find their homes but the very act of focusing in this way will program your unconscious to pick up on the scent and manifest your best options. Interesting that you also got 1.4 which gives the image of someone going off on their own without a guide or role model, sort of just getting all the advice you can and then leaping off the cliff hoping you'll fly - so perhaps after you are clear what you're looking for you just have to get out there. I do experience 1.4 as being a positive line. Usually the fourth line is the line of the teacher or guide but in hexagram 1. The Creative things are being created for the very first time so there is no guide show you the "right" way - yet whatever you do is okay, there is no wrong. The resulting hexagram 37. Family is a very positive hexagram for this question because it suggests the idea of a home. So all in all I think you are being advised to know what you are looking for and go out and look - Seek and very likely ye shall find!
I wonder if 1.2 could also refer to a rental agency that would give you some ideas of what's available.
Good luck,
rosada

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada.. Funny thing is that I'm looking for exactly the thing I've already found, a nice clean sunny place in good neighbourhood for a reasonably fair price - this was bordering with impossible in 2017 with the housing crisis already going strong and people saying I'm crazy (yet it manifested) but it will be a double miracle in 2018. Letting agencies treat people as in a meat grinder now, prices are absolutely mad and not worth it, places either too small or bad on so many levels it's not worth mentioning. And mentally last year I wanted to move out on my own and visualised it. This time I rather put a lot of energy and affirmations into staying here so that's both weird and different that I have to move. And okay, I will consider every option and vieving (for 20 offers I get maybe 3 replies for viewings and then there's 50 people for that place, it's really bad and I'm sure world will hear about what's happening here in the media soon, just Google Dublin housing crisis) but I won't move into a bad place (dirty, damp, overpriced, too small so I couldn't do yoga in it etc, I just want a normal healthy place).. I wonder if this hex could suggest returning home (to my home country and toxic mother, hence "family"? I hope not)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
One thing that I wonder, in the casting the hexagram 1 was the first one and 37 is the second one. You call it a resulting hexagram, and Trojina mentioned that the second hex describes my 'current' state and it's rather the first hex that is the Oracle advice as such? Or I'm missing something here?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Another clue: maybe the ''image of someone going off on their own without a guide or role model, sort of just getting all the advice you can and then leaping off the cliff hoping you'll fly'' is exactly this - currently everyone is advising me what to do, or what would be ''best'' for me. One dude tells how I need to make sacrifices [and move into a flat without windows made out of a garage - sic!] , other one tells I can move into his flat and share a room, in a very bad criminal ridden neighbourhood, other girl from work offered me to show her place - and I checked the area, its very depressing let down and so-so, plus a communal washing machine [I will feel stupid going there and refusing it, because we work in the same big team so I will be like ''Mr picky'' but at the end of the day - I am looking for a place I could call home, not some temporary solutions, or a kip [let-down place]... and it will be my own reality waking up there, living in the neighbourhood and falling asleep every day. It HAS to be good. Period. So yes, I don't care about what others think or say especially if they live in worse conditions than I do now.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
37. could be pointing to a communal living situation...

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
what does it mean [sorry lost in translation] - sharing a flat with someone / renting a room in a shared flat?or something else?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
The only option I am seeing as viable is room big enough I can do yoga in it, with a bathroom. [not shared with others]. Other than that a normal flat. I lived with other people for 13 years. I am not coming back to it :) I will keep looking until I find something, if I won't find a normal place I will be forced to go back to Poland. Maybe that's what it's needed. Who knows. But I wont live like a rat or a student.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I might have an option to rent a room in a place of other work colleague. [she is moving out] the place seems okay, people in it too, apart from some weird twists [like a boiler to set up water for two rooms [one I could be renting] is INSIDE of one of the women rooms in there, so to set it up I need to enter her room-no idea who build things like that...] As per size and distance to work, everything seems fine. Apart from the fact I will need to share a flat when being 35 instead of buying my own home... and that I probably WON'T have a locked doors to my own room... I asked Oracle if I should move in there whether it will be good for me?
Hex 63.1.3.6>20
so it tells a whole story:
Legge: The first line, dynamic, shows its subject as a driver who drags back his wheel, or as a fox which has wet his tail. There will be no error.Wilhelm/Baynes: He brakes his wheels. He gets his tail in the water. No blame.Blofeld: He brakes the wheel of his chariot and gets the rear part wet -- no error!
So I guess it means that a fox wet his tail - my own plans were too grandiose [by renting alone in Ireland nowadays - its absurd its not possible to do...] but not my fault. I should just rest now. ''Legge: Line one, the first of the hexagram, represents the time immediately after the successful completion of something -- a time for resting and being quiet'' However line 3 is not so optimistic and I will cite a commentary, too
Confucius/Legge: He was three years in subduing it -- enough to make him weary. Wilhelm/Baynes: This is exhausting. Blofeld: His taking three years to conquer it indicates great fatigue. [Even if we do feel capable of undertaking an extremely difficult task, we must expect it to occupy us for so long as to make us feel exhausted.]
is it possible that this won't be as rosy as I think it will be? Maybe I should reconsider this? [I still did not get any answer from the other guy from work re his own room I asked in the other topic] Or this might mean I shall just conquer my inner demons, thoughts and emotions of a lesser quality when living there with those people? but anyway line 6
Blofeld: His head gets wet -- trouble!
is even less optimistic to me.. what I am not seeing here?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Could this suggest me wanting to forget the stress and escaping to alcohol as a method of self medication.? Or something like that? Instead of just staying on my healthy path? (it's unlikely but what else it could be?) the room that I will see will be one from one of the toxic girls from my work (but that doesn't mean that the place or other people in that house are bad, right)

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
To be honest I don't think so because I asked about the flat and not anything else so that idea of me going astray from my healthy path is a bit too over thinking on my side I believe.. So I really don't know. I will see the place and people today. Anyone can share a light on their own interpretation?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Guys, I know the answer!!! Sorry for being so eager and annoying with this boring story. But I visited this flat, 2 people living in there. As I said, this free room comes from the most toxic girl at my workplace - happened that she started to meet with someone (she wasn't meeting with anyone for years) - everyone was surprised when she said that after 4 months they are already engaged. Okay. Now she told us she is pregnant. Okay.... well.. yea. So, initially I thought maybe this is a bit twisted way of the universe to show me that oh well this toxic person who was bullying me & others will ultimately help me get a new place after all... initially it looked all good- she described the place as in good neighbourhood (true) big enough for my yoga (yea, true..) and all good.. But the I - Ching gave me the results
Hex 63.1.3.6>20
So it went from 'okay, a bit of rest' to 'very bad!' and I was thinking what the hell? But thankfully I can read people, I can sense energy pretty well and I am fairly experienced with this. So in short- the place was okay, but the people there were not. How naive I was to think that this toxic girl from my work somehow could manage to live with decent people? Like attracts like, right? And she is toxic, she was leading a very very unhealthy lifestyle and so on. The people there? Similar. Both smokers, a woman was a choleric and by her face I could tell she is drinking a lot... (my father was an alcoholic, I know the symptoms). And now the whole story is complete; I remember before I started to look for a flat, that toxic girl mentioned few times how that other woman from her flat is coming drunk late at night and forgets to close door to the fridge... or how she never wants to be there and only thinks how to get out somewhere. I thought this was because she was so extrovert, but now I think there might be a deeper truth to that. So, no. Toxic people, toxic energy. I am paradoxically feeling a relief now. I need to give myself a week or two of rest and gather fresh energy then resume looking.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Oracle how I should act to achieve success with the flat situation and received
Hex 45.5>16
. I have no idea... it looks impossible to find a place on my own, finding a room is even worse.

D

diamanda

Could this suggest me wanting to forget the stress and escaping to alcohol as a method of self medication.? Or something like that? Instead of just staying on my healthy path? (it's unlikely but what else it could be?) the room that I will see will be one from one of the toxic girls from my work (but that doesn't mean that the place or other people in that house are bad, right)

and by her face I could tell she is drinking a lot... (my father was an alcoholic, I know the symptoms). And now the whole story is complete; I remember before I started to look for a flat, that toxic girl mentioned few times how that other woman from her flat is coming drunk late at night and forgets to close door to the fridge... or how she never wants to be there and only thinks how to get out somewhere.

Amazing how this played out. I too have witnessed line 63.6 refer to too much alcohol.

D

diamanda

how I should act to achieve success with the flat situation and received 45.5 > 16
I'm afraid your best bet right now is to live with others and pretend everything's alright.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah.. Separately I asked whether I should get one bedroom flat and got hexagram 3 line 3.. But when asked if I shall rent with others I got 46 line 1,so..��. It's obvious. Looks like I have some lessons to learn coming from living with others.. Again after so many years. Maybe that I can trust people again.. Idk. But first I need to find good people and good place. I interpreted this as a push for me to publish a message in our workplace fb group (until now I only notified my quite extensive immediate circle but it's a big company), something like accentuating positive things I'm looking in my eventual flatmates (healthy living, yoga, sports a plus, etc).. Will do that on Monday. It's amazing how life is always up and down from a period of Bliss you go down towards the abyss (even when u did everything right and commit no mistakes!) and back up like a phoenix, always pushing through knowing that every pit soon becomes a mountain top. I'm curious how this situation will end!

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
So, just got answer from the other work colleague -her friend is NOT moving out, so I'm left with nothing. I'm stuck.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
From a quite stagnant position, I asked Oracle whether I should wait until landlords will sell the flat and then re-let it from a new buyer (ofc I am not even in that position yet).Received
hex 9.2.5.6>36
Legge: The fifth line, dynamic, shows its subject possessed of sincerity, and drawing others to unite with him. Rich in resources, he employs his neighbors in the same cause with himself.Wilhelm/Baynes: If you are sincere and loyally attached, you are rich in your neighbor.Blofeld: Confidence is like a cord to bind the hearts of others. With it we enrich our neighbors.Liu: If you are sincere you will be enriched by your neighbor.Ritsema/Karcher: Possessing conformity , binding thus. Affluence: using one's neighbor. [Possessing conformity:"Inner and outer are in accord; confidence of the spirits has been captured..."]Shaughnessy: Losing sheep at Yi; there is no regret.Cleary (1): There is truthfulness in companionship; prosperity is shared with the neighbor.
Line two is also interesting
Wilhelm/Baynes: He allows himself to be drawn into returning. Good fortune.Blofeld: Compelling ourselves to go back brings good fortune.
What do you guys think? Am I so desperate to see some rosy ending here due to overall situation being without any solution? Is this occurrence even a possibility? Remember that I put several weeks of daily affirmations for me to be able to stay in my current flat/place. Maybe paradoxically this is the effect I wished for... that I WON'T be able to find anything?

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
I mean... ''Through a co-operative and loyal relationship with another, you increase your resources mutually. In this way you can accomplish your aim.'' could this common purpose,. mutual benefit mean both me and the new landlord will benefit by me having a place to stay and him a good tenant to rent? Idk...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).