...life can be translucent

Menu

Question about key words and glosses

F

Freedda

In looking at the lists of key words and glossary words for each hexagram (found in Bradford Hatcher's I Ching and on his Yijing Hexagram Names and Core Meanings webpage), I was wondering if there is an meaning or value judgements of the order in which the key words and glosses are shown?

For example, for 13 - Tóng Rén, the key words start with 'Society, social organization ...' and end with ... 'mass follies; symposiums, convergences.' From the Glossary starts with (for Tong2) '(to) agree, assemble, assimilate ...' and ends with ... 'simultaneously, concurrently; and, with, as well as.'

My sense is there is no hierarchy nor a 'better-to-worst listing' (real or implied) but perhaps it could be that the lists start with the most used or most common terms and ends with the least used? ... or maybe not.

Thanks, David.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Brad is the only who can say for sure,
but it looks like he took key words from many of his notes, put them in a hat, and wrote them in whatever order he pulled them out. (and occasionally put some 'most used' key words at the start, but not always.)

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No hierarchy was intended. The Yi is all situational, anyway.
Thoughts are simply grouped by their similarities.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).