...life can be translucent

Menu

If I block X...?

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
I basically asked two questions while concentrating and casting the i ching...I asked if I block X how would they feel and they would reach out?I have a friend for more than 12 years. But I feel it is a strange friendship the past couple of years. It is like they only want to talk about their problems, but when I talk about mine it is like they are not listening. It is annoying. We do have a blast together, but at times I feel I should start to cut people out of my life. I don't think X is toxic but I just had enough. So if I block X how would they feel and will they reach out? They can reach out by emailing me or calling me...but I can block them on whatsapp (which is where we usually talk and on Skype). I got Hexagram 17.1 changing to 45To me this looks crystal clear.I think it is telling me that if I block them they will try to sort things out?

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
I don't think it is a good idea to block my friend. It is best to leave a line of communication. I think I was just frustrated today.

HappyHeart

visitor
Reaction score
I basically asked two questions while concentrating and casting the i ching...I asked if I block X how would they feel and they would reach out?I have a friend for more than 12 years. But I feel it is a strange friendship the past couple of years. It is like they only want to talk about their problems, but when I talk about mine it is like they are not listening. It is annoying. We do have a blast together, but at times I feel I should start to cut people out of my life. I don't think X is toxic but I just had enough. So if I block X how would they feel and will they reach out? They can reach out by emailing me or calling me...but I can block them on whatsapp (which is where we usually talk and on Skype). I got Hexagram 17.1 changing to 45To me this looks crystal clear.I think it is telling me that if I block them they will try to sort things out?
Hi Hellomoon! I'm pretty much a novice (even though I started with IC many years back), so take my words with a grain of salt.i'm sorry you're going through this with your friend.I think 17.1 talks about adapting to change, while following others. Is your friend going through life changes? Maybe your friend is talking so much about self because of a need of relief? Regardless, because of your cast, I don't feel you should block your friend, maybe you can talk to her/him about it, or maybe you will have to adapt to your friend's phase if you want to mantain the friedship, until everything goes back to normal or a "new"normal"?I really hope someone with more reading experience hops on so they can give you a better opinion.In the meantime, I wish you the best :)PS: Sorry that there's no spaces in my response, the site doesn't let me

hellomoon

visitor
Reaction score
Hi thanks so much for your response. The iching to me felt very clear, like it was saying if I block them they may try to pursue me or find out why I did that. But then literally after I posted this message I felt it was not right thing to do. It may be petty.And yes they are going through a tough time. But so am I! But it is like when I talk about my problems, they are like 'oh, that is nothing...I am going through so and so'. So yeah, it is annoying. But I think I should be a good friend and listen. Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot.

HappyHeart

visitor
Reaction score
Hi thanks so much for your response. The iching to me felt very clear, like it was saying if I block them they may try to pursue me or find out why I did that. But then literally after I posted this message I felt it was not right thing to do. It may be petty.And yes they are going through a tough time. But so am I! But it is like when I talk about my problems, they are like 'oh, that is nothing...I am going through so and so'. So yeah, it is annoying. But I think I should be a good friend and listen. Thanks for your kind words, it means a lot.
Sometimes a gut feeling is what we have to follow, like a sixth sense right?If you felt that, then it was wise for you to listen to it and follow it (I can't remember how many times I din't listen to my gut's feeling and everyhing went wrong).I think tour line 17.1 also talks about following more people, right? So maybe it's telling you to mingle with more people, and maybe you can have what you're not getting with tour friend (listen to you), what do you think?I know what you're talking about, when orher people minimize your problems or feelings because they think that theirs are bigger and worst or better... sometimes we have to be the bigger person, and while still with them, looking elsewhere for a more fulfilling friendship that can listen.I hope everything tirns out good for you and your friend!

MapleTree

visitor
Reaction score
I won't do an interpretation as I am a beginner but in will.give my two cents. If people are going through a tough time it can make them selfish in a way as they see only their problems and don't have ears for anything else. Or they don't have the energy to discuss other people's problems. It is an old friendship so I think it's best you tell how you feel. That you don't feel really listened to. Communication is best. Your friend might have a different attitude.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).