...life can be translucent

Menu

Finally understand Hexagram 12 (specifically line 5)

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi:)I wanted to share a very poignant experience with Hexagram 12.I have been in a cycle of Hexagram 33,12,52 for a while now— which I fought and fought and fought to no avail. Then in a moment of calm I asked about a particular relationship and received Hex 12.5.It dawned on me. Hexagram 12 IS separation of an energetic and potentially physical nature. There reallly is a chasm of space that is created which allows for reflection. I had been so enmeshed with this other persons energy I took it on as my own. I genuinely had no idea until there was physical space between us— and I just felt different. I realized I had gotten back to myself minus their energy. I hope this is making sense. Haha it sounded so much clearer in my head. Basically it’s as if this persons energy was red and mine was blue and for the last year I was in a state of purple until Hexagram 12 at which point we physically separated and I went back to blue energy. What’s more I could finally ‘see’ myself because of the shift. I had never before had such clarity of self prior to the enmeshment then separation. So I believe that is what Hexagram 12 is. It’s the space to reflect on that which was previously enmeshed. I believe things really are pulled apart and from my experience was painful but the gift is clarity of self which is priceless. Line 5- I was terrified of losing this relationship. Tying it to the mulberry tree for me was releasing it completely but holding the higher good in my heart. (Tying it to the tree):)Chelsa

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
You look to have made a greater meaning of hex12 than you have had before. If you are not familiar with Karcher's take on this hex then it may be worth you having a look - he talks of 'humbling' as breeding an agile and effective personal power which resonates with your words. Line 5 is the line of strategy and seems to me to advocate building your resources and to do everything that is necessary to evoke change. Luckily there are unconcious powers at work here too that will support all the positive moves you make.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I get value from noting that 12.Standstill comes after 11.Peace. I think of a person asleep in bed at Peace having had a lovely dream. Then 11.6, the sandcastle collapses into the waves, the dream is over so now what? Hmm... just lying here, awake but not doing anything: Standstill.
And yes, definitely a feeling of separation now - perhaps from the Collective Unconscious we shared in dreamland? But the last lines of 12. seem to say this is a good thing, we recognize our independence, who we are and our value as a separate individual and from here we can now go on to join with others again in 13. but this time not like a bunch of grass lumped together but now as an awake and aware individual able to create and appreciate personal 13. Friendship.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you my_key :) I will take a look. And yes, building my resources is exactly what my life has felt like since this reading. Thank you for helping me to deepen my understanding.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Rosada- I always appreciate and admire your interpretations. You’re most always spot on, so I very much appreciate your taking the time to help me deepen my understanding. If I had to describe hex 12 with one word i’d use divorcement. And yes, the separation process was painful but now that there is space again I feel more whole. So I agree as I’ve relaxed into it, I would go through it again in order to gain the independence of self I garnered from this experience. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).