...life can be translucent

Menu

Will Hurricane Florence come over Raleigh (my home town)? 48UC

jeriwho

visitor
Reaction score
The title says it all. I am working on spiffing up my condo to sell, and this doggone hurricane is heading right for me. So I asked the question: Will Hurricane Florence come over Raleigh (my home town)?

I got Hexagram 48 unchanging
I am guessing that is a yes, both because of the water over wood (structures)/wind image, and the sense of vastness that #48 implies.

Any thoughts?

D

diamanda

48 says that the town may change, but not the well. So maybe your home won't be affected. 48 also says "no funeral", so I guess it will overall be ok. Fingers crossed.

F

Freedda

48 also tells us that we need to care for the well, that it does no good if the rope is too short or the bucket is cracked, or if the well is muddied, runs dry, or has dead fish in it. Part of using the well implies maintaining it, or to put it another way, to keep it safe and secure.

Best, David.

jeriwho

visitor
Reaction score
So that would be my house as the well? Oh dear! I did dig a trench out back to try to re-direct runoff water, and I have waterproof tape to seal the back door against runoff.

F

Freedda

So that would be my house as the well? Oh dear!
it might be your home, but I was more trying to emphasize the ideas of caring and maintaining. I thought that perhaps to plan and get ready for a likely hurricane would be better than trying to wish it away -- sort of like shoring up the banks of a river when you think a flood might be coming.

jeriwho

visitor
Reaction score
It wasn't an either-or. The question was posed after getting as ready as I could, short of evacuating. (And I am ready to do that if necessary). I have a mammoth hurricane kit. But the hexagram refers to the well as needing/being repaired. So the home is the well in that interpretation. And it may be, because I have young friends who are coming over if they get scared.

pooja123

visitor
Reaction score
Hi. I interpreted your hex 48 based on the day you posted this question which is 10th of September. I use wen wang gua method 6 lines with 5 elements theory . The querent's self line sits at line 5, you are safe but both property lines with water element, 1 and 6 are negatively effected by the year's earth element and the day of reading fire element. Florence reaches NC by friday evening . Friday and saturday's element both have Earth and Metal, adding more injury to your property's water element. This mont's wood elements is killied by the metal. So no solid wood structure to support your property. Hex 48 is water over wood. Wood is empty until September 19th. Judging by the percentage of damage is 80 to 90 percent caused by fire and debris. I hope I am wrong.

D

diamanda

But the hexagram refers to the well as needing/being repaired
Your exact question was if it will come, and the answer is a static unchanging 48. I want to hope this means "no". The Judgement and Image of 48 don't mention repairs.

pooja123

visitor
Reaction score
if it is a yes or no question Hex 48 lines tells us a story about how a well- life's source dried up and the town left . The bucket leaked, water was muddy then it they built a town close to a cleaner water source. So in the beginning there were some damages and then repairs. so my guess it is a yes. it is hitting your town.

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I tend not to see a real catastrophe coming with 48 UC, even under this unfortunate circumstances which have befallen your state. Mainly because of what the Yi didn't say.

Imagine all the possible horrible answers the Yi (and with it your life) could have thrown at you. There are tons of more potentially alarming answers than 48UC.

And I would like to stress that in your case the Hexagram 48 doesn't change, shows therefore a static situation and no really significant damage to you or your house/well.

In addition I fully agree with what diamanda said.

All the best,

Soshin :bows:

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I tend not to see a real catastrophe coming with 48 UC, even under this circumstances. Mainly because of what the Yi didn't say.

Imagine all the possible horrible answers the Yi (and with it your life) could have thrown at you. There are tons of more potentially alarming answers than 48UC.

Other than that I fully agree with what diamanda said.

All the best,

Soshin :bows:

I tend to see it like Soshin and diamanda.
I can't say from your result if your house will not be affected at all. But the picture is a well and a well is ideally a solid construction, something that is capable to take a lot of water and to be in control of it. So I hope Hex 48 is saying that your property will be able to cope with the power of those natural forces.
Possibly it will come over your home town, but: "Although a town site may be altered, the well remains the same ..." (Legge)
All the best of luck!

P.S: Besides, i find the metaphor "well" very interesting in this context, not only because it is about large amounts of water. But also because a well is a source of nourishment and prosperity, and your house -- especially since you want to sell it -- is also a source for you, a source of income or even prosperity.

Last edited:

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
At the moment, and according to the US National Hurricane Center map, Raleigh is not directly on the current main path of Florence.

View attachment 1951

I had to look Raleigh and where it is located on a map up right now. Seems to be northeastern North Carolina and it looks like as if the hurricane sort of dances around jeriwho's place. If the prediction is right, he may get affected by rain from the hurricanes fringes, but not so much by the storm itself. Very good news, thanks diamanda. :)

D

diamanda

Soshin - yes, there would definitely be rain on the fringes. I just checked today's map and it's moving even further away from Raleigh now. The storm has already weakened and it's still weakening.

Florence 2.JPG

pooja123

visitor
Reaction score
hope to hear from him soon. heard that there is no electricity in most parts of Raleigh.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
I wonder what happened here. I really hope that the thread opener and his house are fine and that he just forgot to update the thread. Please let us know how everything went, jeriwho.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).