...life can be translucent

Menu

How can I improve our sex life? 27.6 to 24

Happyhorse

visitor
Reaction score
Dear membersI have quite an intimate problem/question I'd like to get your feedback on. I'm a woman in my forties and have been happily together with my boyfriend for about 5 years. Everything is going well. We love each other, do fun things together, I'm very satisfied with the relationship as a whole.But.. I've been losing my appetite for sex. It's hard these days to get excited. In my past, this wasn't a problem. I a familiar and at ease with my body and used to enjoy this beautiful play (alone or together). But now usually, I choose to please him. He is more than willing to take his time and attention towards me, but I just don't seem to feel like it. If we do, it takes me a very long time and I feel a bit apprehensive. So the desire is missing and doesn't get turned on when we start making love. I really miss this and it makes me feel afraid that it won't come back. I don't know what causes it exactly; it might be the familiarity with each other, but since I take several medicines (and have to continue to), it might have something to do with that as well.I have asked the I Ching:How can I improve my sex life? 27.6 to 24. In a way I find this a funny answer: it seems to be about meeting your desires in a healthy, nourishing way. But how to do that when I lack the desire to "eat" in the first place... Maybe it's about needing to feed myself better in general ways, like reducing screen time, doing more exercise.. my eating pattern is quite healthy already, I think.Than line 6; I read Hillary's beautiful article on hexagram 27. On line 6 she states: "And then line 6 is at the ‘origin of nourishment’ – ‘origin’ 由 representing a sprout in a field, or a sprouting seed. It’s a perilously exposed position – everything’s up to you, there is no safety net – but auspicious and empowered. This one can cross rivers, carrying all he needs with him."Okay.. so maybe I am at the origin of nourishment, ehm, what does that mean? No sprouting seeds literally, I can assure you by the way.. I don't really understand this line, it seems to suggest I have everything it takes right here with me. If that's the case, I don't know how to uncover it! I love love love rivers by the way :) Your thoughts and feedback would be very much appreciated!

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Libido decreases when we do not take care of ourselves in all sorts of ways. This hex is about how we nurture and nourish ourselves. Look at ways to add healthier self care into the full spectrum of your life. Line 6 - Start a new regime around the new actions, thoughts and feelings that are coming to the fore right now - only you will know what is right for you to change. Plant a seed and help it grow.

B

becalm

This happened to me around your age and I thought I'd never get my libido back but for me it was the beginning of Menopause. The reading show something is not flowing right because something is blocked or stagnated. Definitely could be your diet, I had to change mine and at the time I became a semi-vegetarian (and still am) which helped a lot but I'm also with my_key it's got a lot to do with how we nourish ourselves on all levels. We definitely become more in touch with Spirit (or that's what's being asked of us) in our 40's. The reading to me says Return Hex 24 to Proper Nourishment Hex 27. Hope this helps.

D

diamanda

How can I improve our sex life? 27.6 > 24
27 is about hunger and appetite. Line 6 is far removed from appetite, so you don't feel the appetite yourself. Because you are the food, and/or you are at the top of the food chain. I believe that this position should boost your self-esteem and make you feel very wanted. It will also make you feel more easy-going. In a nutshell I'd say start enjoying the fact that your partner wants you so much. Let him eat you ;)

Happyhorse

visitor
Reaction score
How can I improve our sex life? 27.6 > 24
27 is about hunger and appetite. Line 6 is far removed from appetite, so you don't feel the appetite yourself. Because you are the food, and/or you are at the top of the food chain. I believe that this position should boost your self-esteem and make you feel very wanted. It will also make you feel more easy-going. In a nutshell I'd say start enjoying the fact that your partner wants you so much. Let him eat you ;)

Thank you Diamanda. That's helpful! I do feel very wanted by my partner and reading your post and realizing that, did boost my self-esteem :). Also, I realized that in our relationship I sometimes feel like equals, sometimes I feel like the "small one" and sometimes more like the "big one". That is, sort of motherly towards him. It flows naturally. And this last position feels very loving, but not too sexual. There's almost an analogy with breastfeeding, maybe it sounds weird in this context, but there's also the deep feeling of love and the feeding. It's a bit of a mystery..
And thanks for the final advice. Will see to that :blush:

Happyhorse

visitor
Reaction score
This happened to me around your age and I thought I'd never get my libido back but for me it was the beginning of Menopause. The reading show something is not flowing right because something is blocked or stagnated. Definitely could be your diet, I had to change mine and at the time I became a semi-vegetarian (and still am) which helped a lot but I'm also with my_key it's got a lot to do with how we nourish ourselves on all levels. We definitely become more in touch with Spirit (or that's what's being asked of us) in our 40's. The reading to me says Return Hex 24 to Proper Nourishment Hex 27. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Becalm! Do I understand correctly from your post that after a while, your libido did return? I hadn't connected this with the menopause yet, I wonder..
I'm already a vegetarian, but my diet can be improved. Actually, especially the non-food part of it. I should take a little better care of myself. I tend to expose myself to too many external stimuli like the internet, television etcetera. Maybe it's time for a screentime-diet!

Happyhorse

visitor
Reaction score
Libido decreases when we do not take care of ourselves in all sorts of ways. This hex is about how we nurture and nourish ourselves. Look at ways to add healthier self care into the full spectrum of your life. Line 6 - Start a new regime around the new actions, thoughts and feelings that are coming to the fore right now - only you will know what is right for you to change. Plant a seed and help it grow.

Thank you for responding Mykey. I like your reference to the seed. I may carry the seeds of nourishment, but they won't result to anyone's nourishing unless I plant them and see to them! I don't like regimes... but I think you're right. Some discipline is needed. Probably to do with what I wrote above, spending less time receiving external stimuli, and more time processing them by meditation etc and expressing myself. Time for some early new year's resolutions..

B

becalm

Yes my libido did return, thankfully, geezus who wants to not have a libido for the rest of their lives from mid 40's!!! I Nourished myself on looooooooots of meditation and touching on the Earth through gardening and just living in the present moment to return to Self. Very 27>24

kttuan

visitor
Reaction score
The hexagram 26 means both of you are not good in oral.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The hexagram 26 means both of you are not good in oral.

Let me check I understand you. You are saying that hexagram 26 means both parties are not good at oral sex ?

What makes you say that and why are you talking about hexagram 26 ? I suppose it's a typo and you mean hexagram 27 ?

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).