...life can be translucent

Menu

8 to 42: is this a good choice?

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
gosh, the readings for this casting are scary. Firstly, the 1st is reassuring me that they will make me feel at ease or could choose me anyways even if i dont have the experience required in that field. 6th line ruins all the goodness of the hexagram saying that they wont get me or that i wont be able... I dont really know how this 6th line will ruin everything...yet T_T

Last edited:

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
i cant be positive like i was with other choices, i have no expectations at all for this choice...

F

Freedda

Or was it 8.1.2.6 > 61, since you mention lines one, two, and six? Also, care to share any more about the question? It's not clear to me what you are asking. Choice of what? And by whom, you or 'they'?

Last edited:

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Or was it 8.1.2.6 > 61, since you mention lines one, two, and six? Also, care to share any more about the question? It's not clear to me what you are asking. Choice of what? And by whom, you or 'they'?
oh right it was 8.1.6 to 42 (no second line involved then XD)its about internship in a different city

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
What cast did you get? 8.1.6 > 42 or 8.1.2.6 > 60?
8.1.6 to 42, exactly... it's in a different city and different area, I'm not sure i can fit in, but the guy who answered said the ''boss'' will call me to talk about it.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
and in the meanwhile time is tickinggggggggggggggggi asked : will they get me? and is that worth? 5.3... it speaks about waiting in the mud that lures the enemy... I think it is about my worries D:

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
ah ok i got an answer... this woman said we can talk about it...

D

diamanda

8.1.6 > 42 sounds very good to me for moving to a different city. 8 (staying locally) is concluded from a to z (lines 1 and 6), and 42 means profit, benefit. So if you stop staying locally, you will benefit.

will they get me? and is that worth? 5.3 > 60, the answer says don't get stuck in the mud, so I'd say yes make a move. Don't let them prolong the negotiation for too long - and state your limits.

PS - David was right, I did a typo, if line 2 was also changing it would be 8.1.2.6 > 61.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
8.1.6 > 42 sounds very good to me for moving to a different city. 8 (staying locally) is concluded from a to z (lines 1 and 6), and 42 means profit, benefit. So if you stop staying locally, you will benefit.will they get me? and is that worth? 5.3 > 60, the answer says don't get stuck in the mud, so I'd say yes make a move. Don't let them prolong the negotiation for too long - and state your limits.PS - David was right, I did a typo, if line 2 was also changing it would be 8.1.2.6 > 61.
gosh, instead what I did is to get stuck ''in the mud'' to think of another choice but... i liked this area. She said they might move, you know, nothing is known yet though. If they really move while i do it it would be a problem for me then with all these transports...but i dont know maybe they wont even really move

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
23.1.3.6 to 36 i asked if i should refuse this option in order to choose this other option... Should i look at lines of 36 too?God, also here the lines are horrible...except the sixth one

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
If I understand correctly you want to know if you should go forward with an internship in a different city and different area of your work.

HEX 8: HOLDING TOGETHER
For things to "hold together" or create a consistent and worthwhile endeavor you must be confident from the beginning. In order for all the unknowns to work in your favor you must start from a position of certainty. You must understand the pros and cons ... etc. Your question in itself does not come across clearly thereby from the beginning you are not comfortable. You get to ground yourself in what this change means and prepare yourself to the best of your ability what to expect

There needs to be within you a real calling to embark on this. Without this the continuity there will lack the foundation to work from. It will only bring more confusion.

Line 1: You get to come from a place of commitment to the internship. If you can be what it takes to occupy this position all will be great and you will find success. Strength in your will to be 100 percent in this position and not in what sounds or looks good. It is about what you project and that comes from sincere commitment from with in you.

Line 6: This is a warning that says if you are not certain from the beginning you will be misfortunate. You must be devoted and committed from the foundation, to the beginning and therefore the end will reflect success.

HEX 8 asks you to ask the oracle once again if you "possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance". There is another part that you have yet to address. These are the quality of a "superior man"... one who possesses these quality are of the right mind set.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
….though actually I can't even tell what the question was...…?

It would still be good to know how the cast played out

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
CherryB
Is taking the internship in a different a good choice?
HEX 8.1.6 > HEX 42

For HEX 8 it is expected you to cast again.

Essentially you have 2 casts for the same question.

In order to complete this set of hexagrams you get to cast again and ask the following of yourself:
"Do I possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance? In other words, you maybe asking if it is worth your time to accept this position, the oracle saying to you to ask whether you are worthy of the position in the first place.

sublime: of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration and awe.
constancy: the quality of being faithful and dependable
perseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty of delay in achieving success

Am I missing something?

THE JUDGEMENT (Wilhelm, 1997 3rd ed)
HOLDING TOGETHER brings good fortune
Inquire of the oracle once again
Whether you possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance;
Then there is no blame.
Those who are uncertain gradually join.
Whoever comes too late,
Meets with misfortune.

The lines imply that you may not be 100% ready but the opportunity is there but you must inquire of the oracle to see where you stand or what you get to adjust. It really holds one accountable. Although it may seem as if you have a choice the universe will reply by letting you know if the choice should be for you. if so it is one of the three results:

1. Absolutely go get it
2. Yes BUT you get to adjust x,y,z
3. No you are not ready

Last edited:

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
CherryBIs taking the internship in a different a good choice?HEX 8.1.6 > HEX 42For HEX 8 it is expected you to cast again.Essentially you have 2 casts for the same question. In order to complete this set of hexagrams you get to cast again and ask the following of yourself: "Do I possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance? In other words, you maybe asking if it is worth your time to accept this position, the oracle saying to you to ask whether you are worthy of the position in the first place.sublime: of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration and awe. constancy: the quality of being faithful and dependableperseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty of delay in achieving successAm I missing something?THE JUDGEMENT (Wilhelm, 1997 3rd ed)HOLDING TOGETHER brings good fortuneInquire of the oracle once againWhether you possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance;Then there is no blame.Those who are uncertain gradually join.Whoever comes too late,Meets with misfortune.The lines imply that you may not be 100% ready but the opportunity is there but you must inquire of the oracle to see where you stand or what you get to adjust. It really holds one accountable. Although it may seem as if you have a choice the universe will reply by letting you know if the choice should be for you. if so it is one of the three results:1. Absolutely go get it 2. Yes BUT you get to adjust x,y,z3. No you are not ready
why should I cast again?Then I rejected this option. the subject was quite good, the woman was trustworthy (which is rare) but they could move anywhere at anytime and she didn't know where.... if they had moved far away, that would have been an additional mess for transports...if they didnt, i could have afforded it but I would have spent more time on transports than there.In the meanwhile I kept searching for other offers in my city but lots of them said one thing and then disappeared, so it's been one more month and two weeks already. wow thanks to those ones o_O

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
….though actually I can't even tell what the question was...…?It would still be good to know how the cast played out
You just have to look at the title of the post. Or Read the comments...not that hard...

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
If you read the actual judgement ..it specifically says so..

Hey make up your own rules....how is that working for you?

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
If you read the actual judgement ..it specifically says so..

Hey make up your own rules....how is that working for you?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).