...life can be translucent

Menu

Birocco, new book-reviews

S

svenrus

I agree with Steve Marshall (Biroco.com) that the price is absurdly high [1] on the first of his reviews on "Teaching the I Ching", especially when recognizing several printing errors, one of those shown here:

erra.jpg

(don't think it's necessary to point out where in this cut from page 76 the printing-error is to be found..... In case of doubt, look at my Avatar here above to see how hex. 61 looks)

I've tried on OUP homepage looking for errata's concerning this edition without luck [2]
-----------------
1 "- - It's a pity though that Oxford University Press has burdened the book with an outrageous 'library price' (£65? seriously?), as this prices it out of the pocket of most who would enjoy it. Sometimes academic presses don't seem to realise that they have a book on their hands that would do well in the popular market if it was only priced accordingly. Maybe there will be an affordable paperback in the future. - -"

2 LINK

Last edited:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Of course, Svenrus. Iner truth is outer or higher WIND (gentle penetrating), inner or lower LAKE (joy), that's why the Noble Son looks for ENJOYING A GENTLE PENETRATION into human illegal affairs. While the Lake (or Pond, or Marsh) is an hospitable niche for life diversity, River Waters are always moving over a deep abyss and full of dangerous traps.

All the best,

Charly
Long life to affordable literature!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).