...life can be translucent

Menu

Just A Newbie

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
Just looking for different insights into my question and the answer I received. I asked What steps should I take to better my life spiritually? The answer I received hexagram 10. Lu / Treading (Conduct) to hexagram 22. Pi / Grace. Just wanted to know your different opinions on my readings. Please and thank you for your patience and time. I honor you.

F

Freedda

Hi Zianna and welcome. I like your question and I will try to respond, hopefully this weekend.

In the meantime, you might want to look at a few of the info stickies, found at the top of this forum:

A good one about how to get the most from your readings -- look at the other posts there too if you wish.

In case you don't already know, there's a place on this site where you can do free readings. One suggestion - if you try this and like what your seeing, consider that you don't have to cut and paste the entire reading into a thread, but maybe the parts that speak to you or you have questions about, see:

(One thing I like to do is just have the 'Cast' button showing and hide the lines that are coming up until the end of my casting, so I can focus on my reading and not be wondering, what does the broken line mean right there, or do i have too many moving lines? Just a suggestion however.).

And this one about interpretations. Just remember that there is a great range of styles experiences and responses.

Best, David.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
What steps should I take to better my life spiritually?

10.2.3.4.5 - 22.

Behave with decorum.
Pleasant manners succeed even with irritable people - and Spirit!

Discriminate between high and low,
Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's
And unto God that which is God's.

The spiritual path is a solitary one.
Withdraw from the bustle of life.
Seek nothing, ask nothing of anyone,
Don't be dazzled by enticing goals.
Free of entanglements you can be true to yourself,
And travel through life unassailed.

Don't have severe religious practices, such as extreme fasting or attempting dangerous feats.

Practicing patience, care and caution as you move to invite more spiritual awareness into your life will lead ultimately to good fortune.

Be resolute in your conduct.
Persevere but always being aware of the danger of becoming a fanatic.

22. Grace
Create beauty.
Small is beautiful

There many things one could interpret from this answer to your reading. I'm seeing it as saying that on the earthly plane we are all individuals but there is only one Great Spirit so to better your life spiritually cultivate your ability to fit in with others, with groups, with Spirit, and that the way to do this is to keep your needs very simple. Remember our understanding of the spiritual realms is limited, but that's okay, just do what you can with what you have where you are and that is all that is required so long as you persevere. Be aware there is always a danger when looking to progress spiritually that the ego will take over and we confuse our perspective as being God's perspective.

22. Grace as your resulting hexagram points to the beauty and idealism that leads us to seek a more spirit filled life. It also reminds us that we must not get lost in the higher vibrations and to stay grounded as we must live in this, the material world.

Welcome to OnLine Clarity!

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your wonderful advice and insight! I will definitely use the links you supplied to me. I find them all to be most useful.

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
What a wonderful Interpretation! That is some of what I picked up as well it is nice to have someone validate some points to me since IM new to the practice. I thank you for the time you took to respond to me. It is very much appreciated. I even took more from your insight than I would have alone. Once again thank you! I find this reading to be very accurate to my current situation. I read tarot but I came across this and found a whole new world to explore so thank you.

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
By the way, the reason for asking my question was because I am in a big transitionary period of my life. My life has changed so much in this past year and so rapidly that I feel I've fallen off my spiritual path a bit. So I was looking for insight on how I could realign myself spiritually and to balance, recenter, and get in touch with my self again. My initial feelings and thoughts of the reading were with 10.2.3.4.5 that I was being told to tread carefully and to find balance in my life in so many terms. With 22 Grace I feel especially as a libra, it was telling me to realign myself with finding the beauty in all things, and in people again. especially since I have developed quite suddenly a deep mistrust of people. Hope this clarifies the reading a bit.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Zianna,

"What steps should I take to better my life spiritually?"
10.2.3.4.5 to 22 ~ Follow the steps that lead to core transformation.

Do you have the sense, perhaps, that you are being 'called' away from the Jungle of the material world towards a more spiritually-oriented, conscious-living lifestyle/environment/community?

The reason I ask is because your toss reflects Change at the core of your being?

Since you are new to the i-Ching, and want to learn more about it, check out this entry on Nuclear Hexagrams:

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showwiki.php?title=Nuclear-hexagrams

In your toss, your True Nuclear Hexagram is Changing from Hexagram 37 (Family) to Hexagram 40 (Liberation) ~ suggesting the possibility of "going forth" from the home life of stepping down the treacherous path of worldly desires, to the Freedom of awakened spiritual living in the present moment, instead?

So, as a result of your experiences in the last year, then, is it possible that you are undergoing deep transformation now?

Welcome to Clarity!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Giving this reading more thought.. It certainly seems an apt response to the question...
I was thinking about 10.2 yesterday and the idea of the lone sage walking his path and how impossibly difficult that sounded in this day and age. But as I was thinking about it we were getting ready to attend a pot-luck gathering - one where I knew there would be lots of great food, sugary baked goods, bar-b-qued meat, plenty of wine - in other words, all the things I was trying to eliminate from my diet. Sigh, I realized I was going to have to be the lone sage to get through this afternoon! When we got there I immediately gave up my vow to abstain - trying to be good in the face of all those chocolate brownies was too much of a test, very 10.3. So now I'm trying again, hoping that eventually I'll be strong enough to face these tigers, 10.4, but also knowing that the danger of temptation is always present, 10.5.

I'm also thinking about 22. as the resulting hexagram. 22. is often a difficult hexagram as it seems to describe situations where there is a lot of fantasy or deception, but in this case i think it is indicating the importance of having a vision or goal to strive for. We often are told that in spiritual practice it is not important or even healthy to have material world goals but I think this is a misunderstanding. Having a specific vision one works towards manifesting can actually be a great aid in understanding one's spiritual nature. "You've got to have a dream - if you don't have a dream - how you gonna make a dream come true?" So as advice for improving one's spiritual life I see these hexagrams as advising, "Start an enterprise, something small, keep it simple and let Spirit guide you."

F

Freedda

Zianna:
One I Ching method I know of involves looking at the changing lines as flashing light bulbs; you don't look at the line meanings, but instead look at the lines as issues, or points of change, or perhaps imbalances. So, seeing that you have four changing lines might tell me that a lot is going on in your life (which might be good or bad), and that perhaps you feel like you have a few too many balls in the air or irons in the fire right now.

For Hexagram 10, different names for it include Respectful Conduct, Becoming Real, Treading. It reminds me in some ways of the Buddha's advice about Right Action, Right Speech, Right Livelihood, and so on.

I see it as having two goals: One would be to keep our social interactions respectful, so we're not always in conflict with those around us. I also see it serving a spiritual or higher purpose, in that it helps keep our actions from having too many negative reverberations that can (and likely will) come back to bite us in the butts; in other words, it's a way of keeping our karma clean.

So, one thought about a spiritual path would be to intentionally act with respectful conduct. It could be simple kindness, graciousness and politeness. Or, it could be -- like the Joan Osborne song, 'what if god was one of us' -- that you take a day or time each day to think of all those you come in contact with as being the Buddha, or Jesus, or Mohammed, or the Earth Goddess in disguise. You don't need to feign goodness or righteousness, but just be the most authentic, honest and kind version of yourself that you can be.

I look at the lines of 10 as maybe describing some goals, victories or pitfalls you may encounter along a spiritual path:

• At some point - perhaps now? - your thoughts and intentions will be at their highest, at their best. A good time and place to start.

• Despite your best intentions your first steps may not be sure and your vision not that clear. Don't let yourself get stuck here, or feel it will last forever. There may be a sense of woundedness -- think of it as grist for the mill.

• Pleading doesn't strike me as a particularly spiritual practice, but perhaps offering forgiveness, or compassion, or kindness - towards oneself and others.

• The spiritual path will be rewarding, but not without its pain, setbacks, and unmaskings. Be persistent, but also be gentle and kind.
I am not sure what the related Hexagram 22, Beauty, Adornment, Grace means here. Perhaps it's a reminder that the spiritual path can be one of beauty and grace?

I was recently talking to someone about 22, and the idea that Adornment could be about ritual (as in the adornments or objects that are part of rituals), and in particular, spiritual or transformative ritual.

So, perhaps this is saying that ritual could be a part of your spiritual path too. Maybe something you are not drawn to, but that you might try?

Some of what Trojina shared with me:

"Think of ritual (as an) ornate and gilded entry to something way more vast than we imagined .... entering into the presence of the divine ... can be overwhelming, terrifying and make one feel like nothing but a tiny speck of insignificance ... Ritual is a very 22 solution to our very human hesitation to even go there."

Best, David

Last edited:

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
@radiofreewill Nice catch! Yes, I am going through alot of spiritual transformation by the way thank you for the referral link Ill look into it. I have gone though alot of changes so I feel thats very accurate too! I am looking to be more spiritual develop my psychic and mediumships skills, and also enter into a work field that spiritually helps people. I am on the hunt for my life's passion and purpose so I feel your interpretation is very accurate!

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
@rosada Very spot on as well. In all my recent personal tarot readings, like card of the day. I keep being told to make a plan, have a vision, to step out of my comfort zone and take the leap of faith. The hard part is deciding on what one thing to do. I have many interests but Im not certain im very passionate about anything as of late. I definitely plan to go back to college and further my spiritual learning and teaching. what im very on the fence about is I dont know what I should be studying career-wise. Spiritually I love the way music makes me feel, as well as spirit work, but everyone tells me I have a natural talent for teaching and therapy. So I think I have more stuff to figure out before I make decision.

Zianna

visitor
Reaction score
@Freeda I think you are right, in the sense that of spiritually being forgiving cause ive been slighted alot lately and I have alot of hurt Ive had to let go of. Also being inclined to high intentions, as well as being gracious towards others since ive been focused on this with others. As for ritual I think it maybe directed towards meditation in my life. Something I struggle to do at times.

D

diamanda

Hi Zianna,

What steps should I take to better my life spiritually?
10.2.3.4.5 > 22

The steps you are planning to take, i.e. starting with the life of a secluded person, do not lead to anything of substance. On that way, you'll meet obnoxious people, with who you'll have to tread on eggshells. And the result will be something superficially beautiful, but without any real essence.

I'd like to add that forgiveness is a dangerous notion, very often hypocritically used by oppressors. When someone has slighted us, abused us, hurt us, it's counter-productive to our well-being to forgive them. Some things are unforgivable. I'm not saying here that you should go on holding a grudge forever. But forgiving something unforgivable primes you to become a target again in the future. Avoiding the issue to seek solace in some intangible spirituality will not solve this issue. It will mask it, but not solve it.

You said that you now mistrust people. That's good! That's an excellent first step. There are so many nasty selfish people out there. Learn their ways, learn how to avoid them, or at least how to deal with them if you have no choice. Forgiving nasty people is the last thing which would help you progress in life.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).