...life can be translucent

Menu

help with 13-3

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I asked, "What is preventing her from calling me?" got 13-3 trouble understanding the military imagery and whoes attcking or allying= some bks say 3 wants to ally with 2 but is inferior to 5 with whom 2 and 5 are resonant?????how about just the psy vieww-she's suspicios or mistrustful" or fearful thanks azzimm

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi azzimm,

"What is preventing her from calling me?"
13.3 to 25 ~ There is distrust between the two of you that will take three years to overcome.

In relationships (13), this is not a case of mis-placed trust, but rather a case of out and out dis-trust (line 3) ~ make no mistake about it (25).

The fear is hidden in the bushes of the past, but it's waiting to pounce should it be triggered by current circumstances. In order to get to "fellowship" a long and patient process of reconciliation and trust-building must occur, first ~ if it is to be done the right way.

An important aspect of this hexagram, imho, is that it warns against projecting your own "story" of the situation onto the other person. Instead, you should go to the high ground of the witness position (meditation) and take no action for a lengthy period of time. In this way, the distortions of your own emotional contribution to the energy of your perceptions will quiet down and leave you clear(er) about the situation.

So, even if you are mystified as to why she, and you, are behaving the way you are ~ "Why won't she talk to me?" ~ it's not worth spending another second trying to puzzle it out, until you get your own self "still" and "quiet" above it all, first?

I hope this helps!

F

Freedda

Hello, I asked, "What is preventing her from calling me?" got 13-3 ...
Azzimm, it would be really helpful if you can be clear about what the reading is. Is it 13 with 3 related? Or 13 with line 3 changing to (whatever the related hexagram is)?. :confused:

Please take a look at the sticky post at the top about 'how to get the most from a reading,' including the best way to show us, which looks like 13.line#.line# > related hexagram, for example, 67.7.8 > 78 (made up numbers). That way don't have to guess at what you're saying - which is not clear right now - or do a bunch of digging on our own to know what the full reading is.

Last edited:

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
azzimm
"What is preventing her from calling me?"

HEX 13.3 FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN > HEX 25: INNOCENCE/UNEXPECTED

HEX 13: FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN (Wilhelm)
PEOPLE IN HARMONY (Barrett)
CHIEN: The Creative Heaven above LI: The Clinging Flame both have movement that is upward. CHIEN by definition is above all and LI like a flame aspires to reach heaven. The image of the two hexagrams gives you a sense of what it means to be in fellowship. If one is aligned with "PEOPLE IN HARMONY" (Barrett) by definition to be in harmony is to be aligned with the will of heaven. Only great things can come of this.

HEX 13: Is Clarity within and Strength without suggesting a very deliberate awareness that aligns people together. The negative to HEX 13 is HEX 7: The Army which is danger within and danger without implying an unquestionable loyalty and obedience that is meant to implement harm if need.

THE JUDGEMENT (Wilhelm)
FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN in the open.
Success.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
The perseverance of the superior man furthers.

"FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN in the open." implies that there are no hidden agenda amongst the members that bring them together. This brings success. The values of the superior man allows this alliance to persevere. The way the group is formed through "universal interests" or "goals of humanity" (Wilhelm).

The idea if you come together with others in a way that is meant to support the greater good then any task can be handled even "to cross the great water" (Wilhelm) i.e. the most dangerous of tasks can be conquered.

The one that leads such a group has clarity within (LI) and strength without (CHIEN). This person can keep this group together such that it will not go astray. This is because the values upon which the FELLOWSHIP OF MEN come together are in harmony with heaven.

THE IMAGE (Wilhelm)
Heaven together with fire:
The image of FELLOWSHIP WITH MEN.
Thus the superior man organizes the clans
And makes distinctions between things.

When one reviews the issues around oneself, one recognizes that there are differences between the intentions of the many organizations of people. By being able to distinguish these differences one can identify that which is formed for the right reasons and those that are not. The ultimate goal of a fellowship is to bring something to order from chaos.

Line 3 (Wilhelm)
Nine in the third place means:
He hides his weapons in the thicket;
He climbs the high hill in front of it.
For three years he does not rise up.

Line 3 is the line of transition. The transition from lower to higher. All transitions or transformations are difficult until the breakthrough. In this case, it too is suggesting someone or situation where there is no trust or there is alot of suspicion. The mistrust goes both ways.

As to how it relates to the question... "What is preventing her from calling me?" it is as if you are shrouded in suspicion. I interpretate as saying she does not trust you OR somehow there is something that you are projecting or she is projecting on to you that has lead to a misunderstanding, creating an environment where she is lacking in confidence in you, the situtation, or in her.

The fact that you are waiting for her to call you suggests to me that perhaps you are uncertain too. Seriously, if you want to call her...THEN CALL HER. What is stopping you? Unless you have attempted a phone call and you are waiting for her to call you back BUT that is not the question...

The other things is, is there somekind of game being played here by either one? Has there been some games played in the past? I am not sure.

The only way to address this is perhaps addressing with her such a way you can find clarity. OR you get to recognize that she will call you back if and when she is ready.

Be clear in your intention, review what would cause this, if it is meant to be (or not) it is up to you.

HEX 25: INNOCENCE/UNEXPECTED (Wilhelm)
HEX 25: WITHOUT ENLIGHTENMENT (Barrett)

CHIEN:The Creative Heaven above CHEN:The Arousing Thunder

The idea given both interpretations is that as long as you remain true and honest that you can do so much. All actions must be aligned with what is right and without ulterior motives. CHIEN leads without and being lead by heaven CHEN movement happens.

THE JUDGEMENT (Wilhelm)
INNOCENCE. Supreme success.
Perseverance furthers.
If someone is not as he should be,
He has misfortune,
And it does not further him
To undertake anything.

As long as your intentions comes from the right place then what could go wrong. If your intentions are sincere then it may not have anything to do with you and therefore, there is nothing you can do but remain "sublime success, perseverance furthers." The situation requires the following introspective review
1. The situation requires you to evaluate who you are being
2. Who is she being? Perhaps she is not being sincere.

If there is anything that suggests a lack of integrity then there is nothing that can be done at the time. The important thing is to remain authentic, true, virtuous, firm. It is only in this way can you "undertake anything".

THE IMAGE (Wilhelm)
Under heaven thunder rolls:
All things attain the natural state of innocence.
Thus the kings of old
Rich in virtue, and in harmony with the time,
Fostered and nourished all beings .

The Image is describing how one goes about affirming the correct values or attributes in order to be innocent, create innocence, to become enlightened.

The overall idea of HEX 25 is that you get to evaluate who you are being. There are things that you cannot control BUT the one thing you have control of is who you are being. As long as that you are acting "in accord with the will of heaven" (Wilhelm) then you are doing all that you can.

Summary
Ultimately, "What is preventing her from calling me?" has to do with a certain amount of suspicion either you are projecting or she is projecting on to you. The only way through this is recognize who are being or have been such that any uncertainty has clouded the situation. Evaluate your role, because that is only thing you can control, and adjust it accordingly.

Last edited:

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
I understand... like throwing mashed bananas on the wall and watching to see what sticks .... kind of thing

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
what a fabulous analysis- i mailed it to donna- i think mistrust is too deep she ahd a paranoid break 20 yrs ago-could you clarify:1)i love your psy. interp. but what are these pther bks talking about when they analyze about lines allying or not with each otheri.e they talk in military terms-line 3 is trying to ally with line 2 but is too weak cause 2 allies with 5 the strong line????????allso i'm not sure about changing to 25-you seem sure but dont some texts say 25 refers ro being attached to sOething you cant effect.this is where i get confused in general-it may be adviving me that shes a lost cause bur i asked the question about her so does it mean shes too attched to her mistrust ?????? thanks a lot azzzimm

D

diamanda

what a fabulous analysis- i mailed it to donna
You sent the analysis of a divination to the woman who doesn't speak to you? :confused: This is not the way to woo a woman.

it may be adviving me that shes a lost cause
Unfortunately she sounds like a lost cause. Mistrust and dirty warfare, and 25 shows she doesn't have sexual feelings for you.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi azzimm,

This is a situation, imho, where you want to be totally "Guilty" of being a Great Friend.

I am not a therapist, but in my oversimplified view, there are basically only two styles of being a friend to friends in need:

Door #1 - You jump into their anxiety and suffer with them to show that you 'care,' or

Door #2 ~ You stay calm and available to them, to show that Stability is Present.

This is like the difference between the person who goes crawling into the culvert to 'save' the terrified kitten ~ scaring it even more...

...and the person who sets down a saucer of milk at the mouth of the culvert, and sits calmly, and patiently, close by.

So, think about it? Someone you know has suffered from the possible re-visitation of a mental-trauma (25) from the past, and they are calling out for help from a friend (13) that they can trust (line 3)?

When your response is: "Why won't she call me back?"

Perhaps you should ask yourself: "Am I crawling into the culvert ~ like my idea of an action hero ~ to 'help'...

...when I should be calm, still, and available, instead, like a saucer of milk?"

I send best wishes for you both!

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
thanksf for the reply dirty warfare seems on the money, but please help me understand #25-how i the world did you get "no sexual feelsince #13 is about fellowship not romance/sex thanksing for me" from #25- i am open to that interpretation, but maybe im too literal. i dont see how you can tease that interpretation out of 25- it doesnt mean your wrong i just dont see how get there

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
hi, radiofreewill- thanks again for insights and caring. i dont mean to bug you but i aske specifically what you meant by"mistrust...make no mistake about it(25)" i GOT what you said about line 3 being big time mistrust but how is that reinforce by 25-thanks againazimm

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi azzimm,

I used the Judgement from WB for 25:

THE JUDGMENT

INNOCENCE. Supreme success. Perseverance furthers. If someone is not as he should be, He has misfortune, And it does not further him to undertake anything.

Can you say more about the context of the situation? Are you reading for yourself, or someone else?

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
from #25 - i am open to that interpretation, but maybe im too literal. i dont see how you can tease that interpretation out of 25- it doesnt mean your wrong i just dont see how get there

Well if there is mistrust why would she sleep with you or finds you remotely (as in from afar) appealing and does not tell you. I think the intuitive or empathic part of me picked that up OR I have projected that on to you based on being a woman who would not call someone if I did not feel safe with them thus mistrusted them....ultimately this does not allow for much sexy discussions on the phone much less in person.

D

diamanda

thanksf for the reply dirty warfare seems on the money, but please help me understand #25-how i the world did you get "no sexual feel since #13 is about fellowship not romance/sex thanksing for me" from #25- i am open to that interpretation, but maybe im too literal. i dont see how you can tease that interpretation out of 25- it doesnt mean your wrong i just dont see how get there

25 is called Innocence. From common logic, and also from personal experience, this means no sex.

I still don't understand why you sent this woman an I Ching interpretation. Do you really believe you will win her like that?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).