...life can be translucent

Menu

Testing Thread

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is for Saturday 13th's testing session - when we try to narrow down what causes the bugs with paragraphs and the 'edit' button.

The vBulletin support people - the only ones who might be able to fix this - have given me some first steps to take: disable all add-ons and see if that fixes the problem; create a new forum style and see if that fixes the problem. That means I need people who normally experience these problems to try posting and see whether these changes make a difference.

A whole lot of functionality here depends on add-ons - WikiWing, to start with! - so I will only be turning them off very briefly, on Saturday 13th shortly after 4pm UK time.
(Find the time in your own timezone here.)

So if you normally can't get paragraphs in your posts/ can't use the 'edit' button, please bookmark this thread and visit it then to help test!

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Hilary! Ready to test.
In case it's helpful to know, I'm on a mac desktop running Mojave (the latest system). I'm using Firefox at the moment but can also test from chrome &/or other browsers if you like.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
OK- time for test 1. Please try to post something with paragraphs, and edit the post.

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
pasting from word:
QCA Draft – 101218
Project Title: Divined Advice [for Professional Development]

Project Overview: (50 w or less)
Consulting Queens foretelling traditions (e.g., tarot, palm-reading, tea leaves, etc.) to get professional development advice for achieving more artistic success, Divined Advice will use creativity and research to develop a new site-specific installation, video, artifacts from the consultations, and an event featuring the local diviners.
(45 w)
OR
A creative research project using divination (such as tarot, palm-reading, tea leaves, etc.) from a variety of Queens cultures as guidance for my artistic professional development, “Divined Advice” will be a springboard for a new installation, video excerpts, interviews, and an event featuring practitioners of local foretelling methods. (48)

Planned Venue(s) * TBD
Grant Request Amount * $3,000.00
Number of Artists Involved: 1

Artist Statement * (150 w or less)
I look for ways to engage people to think about our surroundings and the questions that have meaning in our lives. Usually my work is fabric installation or community interaction; sometimes both. Fragile City, my series of ephemeral-looking textile buildings inspired by personal vulnerability and the economic precariousness of so many New Yorkers at risk of being displaced or becoming homeless due to profit-driven real estate development. Another theme of my work is divination and belief systems. I invent “Oracles” which anyone can consult, or sometimes use the classic Chinese text the Yijing [Book of Change] to engage people. These homemade oracles can be a whimsical way of exploring deep (and sometimes not so deep) questions, inviting reflection through interaction. I’ve created and offered participatory art projects including ORQ [The Oracle of Random Quotes], and ORD [The Oracle of Real-estate Development].

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Paste or type, I don't think it makes a difference to paragraphs.

I should have said, though - please go back to using the WYSIWYG editor for this, since that seems to be what's broken!

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So that worked fine - remember I changed the settings to standard the other day per your suggestion? Right - let me change that.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I've changed it for you - try refreshing the page.

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
testing advanced settings for paras

QCA Draft – 101218

Consulting Queens foretelling traditions (e.g., tarot, palm-reading, tea leaves, etc.) to get professional development advice for achieving more artistic success, Divined Advice will use creativity and research to develop a new site-specific installation, video, artifacts from the consultations, and an event featuring the local diviners.
(45 w)
OR
A creative research project using divination (such as tarot, palm-reading, tea leaves, etc.) from a variety of Queens cultures as guidance for my artistic professional development, “Divined Advice” will be a springboard for a new installation, video excerpts, interviews, and an event featuring practitioners of local foretelling methods. (48)

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

I look for ways to engage people to think about our surroundings and the questions that have meaning in our lives. Usually my work is fabric installation or community interaction; sometimes both. Fragile City, my series of ephemeral-looking textile buildings inspired by personal vulnerability and the economic precariousness of so many New Yorkers at risk of being displaced or becoming homeless due to profit-driven real estate development. Another theme of my work is divination and belief systems. I invent “Oracles” which anyone can consult, or sometimes use the classic Chinese text the Yijing [Book of Change] to engage people. These homemade oracles can be a whimsical way of exploring deep (and sometimes not so deep) questions, inviting reflection through interaction. I’ve created and offered participatory art projects including ORQ [The Oracle of Random Quotes], and ORD [The Oracle of Real-estate Development].

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh. So that's the WYSIWYG editor, and you have paragraphs?

If so, I will re-enable some add-ons so we can find out when they disappear again.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, since it's just the 2 of us, shall we use FB messenger to chat?

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
posting with advanced - from pasted word

posting with Go Advanced:
QCA Draft – 101218

(45 w)
OR

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
formatting ok - but for Edit Post on this it hangs, circling icon round & round

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
testing 2 advacned

QCA Draft – 101218

(45 w)
OR

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
testing #3 with pasting into window first - then Go Adv

testing #3 with pasting into window first - then Go Adv

QCA Draft – 101218

(45 w)
OR

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, so that’s paragraphs working with VaultWiki enabled. (Note to self.)

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
test # 4 - Go Adv button 1st

QCA Draft – 101218

(45 w)
OR

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
#5 QUICK REPLY

QCA Draft – 101218

(45 w)
OR

Planned Venue(s) * TBD

priscillastudio

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Posting from Ancient Mac!
Question: To know now?

25.2.5>38
Innocence (The Unexpected)/Disentanglement to Opposition/Contradiction
(from Wilhelm & Barrett)

If one does not count on the harvest while plowing,
Nor on the use of the ground while clearing it,
It furthers one to undertake something.

Use no medicine in an illness
Incurred through no fault of your own
It will pass of itself.

38's image
Fire above, lake below: Opposing.
A noble one both harmonizes and separates.

Some initial thoughts:
There are fundamental messages in this reading that could not come at a more appropriate time (thank you Yi for so clearly telling me what I need to know now, as I asked - :D - haha!-)

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Conclusions so far...
a) Priscilla is a hero.
b) we are not sure what causes the problem, because it seemed to disappear even when nothing changed about the forum.
c) we need more testers.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, was that reading for you or me??

d_squared

visitor
Reaction score
testing Clarity forum editor .New paragraph 1paragraph 2paragraph 3The end

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,