...life can be translucent

Menu

61.6 to 60

Lettuce

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojina, I love your take on this line which I found from a previous thread... In my own experience its always a line I immediately recognise what it refers to and feel a faint embarrassment cos usually its pointing to pining after some desire I'm really taking way too seriously, and I've also noticed it comes up when there is a sense of longing/wishing while casting the coins. Also i feel its one of the times the Yi could be said to refer to itself, thats just my feeling - like in 27.1 where it says something like 'you look at me with your mouth hanging open', I feel this is similar in tone like 'you can call and call over this to me it won't take you there' - just like a roosters call won't take him to heaven.It seems to fit in quite well with my reading, which I am quite embarrassed over! I feel like a stupid teenager. Will x and I be together? I know, a bit sad. I just wanted to check that I gad interpreted the line correctly in my situation.Though I want us to be together this is not my destiny so I should just accept it and stop asking. I think someone upstairs is losing their patience with me!! My situation has been going on for a while and this is not the first time I have asked this. Maybe I should accept it is what my ego wants and not myself and realize it is not right and move on once and for all. If something is meant to happen it just will.Do you think that is right?I was hesitant to post this as it is quite embarrassing, especially at my age but I wanted to see if my interpretation was right. Thanks in advance!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to fit in quite well with my reading, which I am quite embarrassed over! I feel like a stupid teenager. Will x and I be together? I know, a bit sad.

Not sad just human and you have to honour your feelings however misplaced they might appear, they are still part of your inner world, your inner reality.

61 describes the great immediacy of our inner reality, it seems big, like even a tiny scratch inside our mouths seems big. In 62 our own reality seems small.

In 61.6 the inner reality got so big we are calling out with sincere desire but it's the last line and it changes to hexagram 60. There's a limit on how far one can take an inner reality into the outer.

I think 61/62 are very much to do with that crossover point between inner reality and outer that we have to contend with, make boundaries for, since infancy and it still isn't easy.

If you want this relationship you may have to do something concrete to get it. I can't recall the details of your situation - but from the reading yes I think Yi is asking you to recognise your inner calling out at this point is a bit like pleading only on the terms of your own reality.

It can be a bit of a slap in the face as I have had it when I was most sincerely asking for something as you were and it's like the 'most sincerely' just crossed a line into a state of getting carried away by the calling out.

But this isn't a bad line to get, it's just calling your attention to the fact that what you are calling out for isn't really matching the way things are.

But to your specific question

Will x and I be together? I know, a bit sad. I just wanted to check that I gad interpreted the line correctly in my situation.

I couldn't answer that, I don't believe I can tell you whether x and you will be together. Relationship questions aren't that reliable as they change all the time. I also don't think anyone even has the right to tell you whether x and you will be together given no one actually knows.

At least I don't know so I couldn't tell you.

Lettuce

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the further Insights. It has really helped me to understand my reading more clearly. From the information you gave me it would reflect that that there is a lot of inner emotions and feelings going on but this is not being expressed in the outer world and will not. That makes a lot of sense. We both have feelings that we will not act on. It reflects exactly what my previous said when I asked around a month ago. Thank you so much for that. Such great insight as always

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
To explain more why I said I can't tell you if you will be together.

There will be times in people's own readings they might see there's no chance. And of course there are the facts in the outer world that make it clear to see there's not much chance...but even happily married women will consult Yi about relationship issues with their husband and could easily get 61.6 or any cast.

I have seen someone cast 55.1 about someone she had been married to for over 30 years and is still married 10 years down the line so the usual interpretation of 55.1 meaning there was only a restricted time to be together couldn't apply. So there isn't any answer in the I Ching whereby I can say to you with 100% certainty that you will not be together because the reading might be applying to current issues you are having.

I also don't think you should take anyone's word for it.

61.6 as you said shows what is happening right now with you. I couldn't say that meant you won't or will be together, it would be irresponsible of me given how little I know of your situation and even if I did know more I wouldn't be qualified to say.

If I knew the facts I'm sure I would have an opinion about it but I'd have to read your old threads to get those, so I can if I have time but then that will be an opinion.

Lettuce

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I just received read your thread on this. It really is a fantastic answer and so spot on. Great advice. Thank tou

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).