...life can be translucent

Menu

27.5>42 regarding job offer

L

laperdida

Hello! I was recently (and very unexpectedly) laid off from my job and so on the hunt for a new, hopefully better one. I completed 3 phone interviews with a company that I like very much and am waiting to hear back about an onsite interview.

Question: Will I get the job with A?
Answer: 27.5 > 42

Not entirely sure how to interpret this. Perhaps that as much as I want to increase/move forward with an offer, I am in a position of dependency and just need to be patient and firm in my interest but not pushy? That is, not do anything "unconventional" to cause them to reject me? My impression was that the hiring managers really liked me but that the company itself is quite bureaucratic.Obviously, I will find out soon enough whether they want to hire me ;) but it's so hard to be patient! I feel the panic rise a little more with every week that passes without a job. Thank you in advance for any insight you may have!

Last edited:

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi laperdida,

"Will I get the job with A?
27.5 to 42 ~ Yes, if they forecast growth, then you will get the interview that leads to the job.

So, I read it as a situation where they already know that they want you, and they have a place for you, but the issue is headcount, which is dependent on a forecast for growth? Therefore, it is not yet time for a great undertaking ~ just be patient with A.

While you are waiting on this opportunity to develop, why not Increase your chances of getting a job (to nourish yourself/family) by continuing to apply to other companies, as well?

I hope this helps!

L

laperdida

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you! And definitely applying elsewhere, just not seeing much "increase" yet :) So the advice applies i that case as well, I suppose.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).