...life can be translucent

Menu

42 unch for me, 32 unch for him

kzena7

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, y'all! I'll get straight to the problem.I have seen this guy a year ago and immediately fell for him. It took us a couple of months to find out it is reciprocal and we went for a date - we clicked right away and spent the next weeks together, right before he moved out of continent. We barely kept in touch. Recently we randomly met in a city and went for coffee, the connection was still there, but we only had a few hours to spend together. Now we live in different continents again.We don't talk at all anymore, but my heart is broken and I can't stop thinking about him. I texted him and he never replied- but I understand him, mainly because at the moment we can't be together. However, I asked I Ching what should I do about the feelings I have for him, since I am in a painful place, and got hex. 42 unchanged. Left me a bit puzzled since I wasn't expecting that, and also it says it is a good time to cross the big stream, which made me think about the ocean.The following day, I asked 'what should I know about the way he sees me?' and got 32 unchanged, Endurance. Again, really puzzled. The image shows a man and woman, and this guy always joked about how we should get married. On the other hand, we don't talk anymore, so it may mean that this situation of no communication will keep on going?I would appreciate any opinion on what the interpretation might be.

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi kzena7,

Welcome to Clarity!

"What should I do about the painful feelings I have for him?"
42uc ~ Quickening, the two of you are 'in sync' together: Increase your chances of seeing him, again.

42 is Wind over Thunder and 32 is Thunder over Wind ~ the image of mutual stimulation.

From the Daniel Young i-Ching:

42. Increase

"It is favorable to have an objective and the right time to set out on a great undertaking."

"What does he think of me?"
32uc ~ He's open to seeing you, again, too.

32. Endurance

"Make an unselfish offering. There are no bad signs. Profit from the forecast. It is advantageous to have an objective."

So, if you have a meeting opportunity in mind that would be easy for him to consider, then increase your communication with him, and see if he is interested?

I hope this helps, and best of luck!

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello kzena7 !

What should I do about the feelings I have for him?42 unchanged

"It is of benefit to set forth. It is of benefit to cross the great water." "Take advantage of your opportunities."
Look for the ways you can be in touch. You say the connection is still there after a year, so you have a good foundation to work on.

What should I know about the way he sees me?32 unchanged

"The Long Enduring, Constant, Persevering"
We don't talk anymore, so it may mean that this situation of no communication will keep on going?
I don't think that's the point of reading at all, as you asked what you "should" know, so the answer rather means 1) be persistent and you'll know how he feels, or 2) he has lasting feelings for you, that is predictable given your late meeting.

Good luck!

* The italic parts are cited from James deKorne website.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
However, I asked I Ching what should I do about the feelings I have for him, since I am in a painful place, and got hex. 42 unchanged. Left me a bit puzzled...
42 is an often misunderstood hexagram.
It is not about pure increase or pure blessing.
Read the Image:
(Bradford) The noble young one, accordingly,
When seeing the good, as a rule, makes improvements
When having transgressed, as a rule, makes corrections

So, you made a mistake by thinking this man was interested in more than he actually was, by giving your heart too quickly.
Now correct your thinking and see him clearly.

I asked 'what should I know about the way he sees me?' and got 32 unchanged
His thoughts haven't changed (32), he is still casual (and in my opinion juvenile or adolescent) about you. He'll hook up with you whenever you are willing, but as you can see he has made no effort to make a relationship with you. I mean you had a random coffee meet up? and he still made no attempt to create a relationship?

(I just realized that you are probably young, and are probably using the word random incorrectly as has become fashionable: It wasn't random if it was arranged with a phone call. Random would be a chance meeting that wasn't expected: "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to step on your foot. Oh it's you!")

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
As radiofreewill has already pointed out, Hex 42 could also mean that you should increase your involvement. He lives far away, so the chances that something will happen by itself are very low. Maybe you'll tell him about your deep wish to make it happen between you two somehow? Maybe he doesn't even know that your feelings are still that deep? You have little to lose, because he seems to fade from your life anyway. When there is no satisfactory answer, you can finally at least put it behind yourself and find peace. The fact that he doesn't answer on your text is of course a bad sign. Communication weaknesses are always a problem and in long-distance relationships a killer. Of course it could also be possible, that he didn't receive the text, that it got lost somehow-- that may sound naive, but you never know. (Given that it was not over a channel, where you can see if someone read the text and given that it was only one text and that it is not about several texts he left unanswered.) That's why I would encourage you to try again -- for a last time.

Hey 32 could indeed mean both -- that his feelings for you are persistent or that his radio silence will continue.

Last edited:

kzena7

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time in helping me interpret this reading! 😊 The contradiction in your answers resembles the confusion in my mind, one that kept me awake for many nights…As a thank you sign (especially because it was my first time on this chat) I want to share with you a fragment I ran across yesterday. This passage helped me see why I got #42 in a new light. In the novel, there is this guy who is madly in love with a woman, and he was somehow afraid to find out if she feels the same way or not, if she is dating someone else… Suddenly, he decides to call her at four in the night and tell her that he loves and needs her. ‘It’s the same as building a station`, he tells her. `If there’s no station, no trains will stop there. The first thing I have to do is picture a station in my mind, and give it actual color and substance. That comes first. Even if I find a defect, that can be corrected later on.`So in real life… I ended up texting him without any reply. Like equinox anticipated, his radio silence continued. In this regard, I guess Moss Elk’s interpretation was closer to reality. Nonetheless, writing to him made me feel better – by increasing my chances I `built a station`. By doing so, I left that painful place that made me ask the question in the first place. Whatever happens, it is not up to me anymore.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).