...life can be translucent

Menu

Yet another job application- should I apply Hex 56.3>35

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
So the previous application and interview where I was recommended didnt worked out. They didn't employed me. I gave my max at the interview but maybe I was too stressed and tired due to the whole flat search situation, or it wasnt meant to be. I Ching told about geese flying to the dry land and that nothing would come off the whole endeavor. It also was about Hex 23 Line 6 I believe. In this country I can count basically only on two other job positions where my colleagues work so that they can recommend me. One failed. Second one [open position] comes and goes, and it again happened. I asked whether I should apply. I am still stressed and tired, exhausted at times. So Its not the best time.
Hex 56.3> 35
Legge: The third line, dynamic, shows the stranger, burning his lodging-house, and having lost his servants. However firm and correct he tries to be, he will be in peril.
So I think I will skip on this one this time.. :O People at my current workplace never change. Old ones go, new ones come and they are mostly undeveloped, toxic, etc... really low level. It's just became a mass-employment place, so they employing people without experience etc. I would love to get out of here, though. I will probably be living alone but due to my friends BF not wanting to share with me and her for couple of months, I will be paying slightly more in a bad neighborhood and wont be able to save money. But I guess... any port in a storm... again...

D

diamanda

I asked whether I should apply
56.3 > 35
Someone mistreats their employees and fires them in a very swift manner. Are you in danger of dismissal at your current workplace? Are swift dismissals the norm? If yes, then you should apply to this new place. If no and you are totally secure in your job, then this describes that new workplace so don't apply.

People at my current workplace never change. Old ones go, new ones come and they are mostly undeveloped, toxic, etc... really low level. It's just became a mass-employment place, so they employing people without experience etc.
Unfortunately this is exactly the case with the majority of workplaces, big or small.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
No, nobody is sacking me.. I have pretty secure position. I'm surprised because that other job is of better quality and better people too.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth noting when you get the same answer across several different queries and I remembered you got 56.3 with this question

I think 56.3 is really something to think about in a very broad sense if you are getting it for different questions. If I cast the same cast across a number of questions I will be just be thinking very widely about the meaning and where it lies in my life and looking for where it lies in my life. It won't always be clear at all which is why we often keep casting the same answer, because we didn't get it yet.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
So would it in a broader sense could suggest moving out of this country? As that other q was related to roof over my head, this one to job. Those are the basic things... pretty much.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
But look at that rather interesting note in DeKorne's website:
Note: Oracle interpretation must always remain open and flexible. A recent receipt of this line reversed its usual syntax to portray a situation in which the “ Inn set on fire” referred to an organization which lost a faithful servant (the querent-employee) through unethical business practices. Always allow your best intuition to recognize the best fit for the symbolism, particularly if an answer doesn’t seem to make sense. Try inverting the situation to see if that works better – if so, the answer will usually be numinous.
I know this is just a 'note' but............. it DOES make sense.There is no benefit for staying in a workplace who employs people I dont have anything in common with. Promotion is not possible. Every lesson for me that I had to learn, I already did learn there. Maybe this is the hidden meaning in this result...

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
You mean new job offers? Yes of course I look at various sites. In Ireland it's almost impossible to get somewhere without knowing someone from the company, it's a small country with all of the symptoms.

D

diamanda

No I meant reviews about the company, posted anonymously by employees who work(ed) there, describing pros and cons of working at a particular place.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
The company I asked the I ching for applying now? It has very high ratings, it's a social media company. Very well known. That's why this casting makes no sense. I know people from there, it's not easy to get there and that's why it's surprising. The casting I meant. Or.. The "note" is right and all I will loose is the "support" of people from my current place

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So would it in a broader sense could suggest moving out of this country? As that other q was related to roof over my head, this one to job. Those are the basic things... pretty much.

Well what stands out to me that might be connected with 56.3 is this kind of statement

People at my current workplace never change. Old ones go, new ones come and they are mostly undeveloped, toxic, etc... really low level. It's just became a mass-employment place,

Now you have said your current job is secure but I imagine if it is anyway apparent that this is what you think of your colleagues then that might be the burning down line 3 speaks of, Hilary's translation

'Wanderer burns down the rest house.
Loses his young helper.
Constancy brings danger.'

So across situations whether it is renting somewhere or job applications did you know you generally categorize people into levels ? You are the traveller in the line 3 so how can you burn your house down ? Well one way I can think of is letting it be known that you see people as 'low level' which implies that you see yourself as high level I guess ? Can a traveller afford that attitude ? I'm guessing you aim to give no clue as to your real opinion of the 'low level' 'toxic' 'undeveloped' people ?

The answer might not be referring to that aspect but it seems a whole lot more likely than a suggestion you move to another country. You have to identify with the line you receive, place yourself in there. So you are the traveller who somehow is in danger of destroying the support he has.

Where can that danger lie ?

I can't help but see it as to do with your current job as if it's saying 'yeah you are applying for other jobs but look out because if you go on this way you won't even have this one'.

I could be wrong.

MrKind

visitor
Reaction score
Another idea : I will get that job but fall off during probation period.. It would make sense

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
You mean new job offers? Yes of course I look at various sites. In Ireland it's almost impossible to get somewhere without knowing someone from the company, it's a small country with all of the symptoms.
Maybe this is how you, the "traveller" are "burning the house down"?
This attitude: It's obvious that you are not 'getting' things about Irish culture, about living in Ireland if you have that attitude.
We Irish aren't really like that, there are arenas (political, public eye) that are clicky or like that, (like any country and culture!) but no, we are really not like that. We are known for our friendliness worldwide!
You could be coming across all wrong, and not how you think you are coming across: maybe you appear as a bit uptight, stand-offish, terse, rude cold, social climbing, wound up,.... I can't really say, I'm not saying that this is how you are coming across, just that, from experience as an Irish person with many international friends, that you could come across this way. I'm just positing here, and asking you to reflect on how you might come across, in relation to the cast, and maybe to consider:
"What house have I been given" (acts of generosity on the part of the host culture)
"How am I burning it down?"
We are a very very ancient culture, I do think it takes some time to understand us. We are still very tribal, a lot of our cultural values arise out of this. We are also still very anti authority, still processing the post colonial thing.
Considering this line, and turning around to look at what is of value, at all you have been given, could change how you see what is going on around you with people.
Also, consider perhaps, how are your friendships and relations with Irish people? Have you fallen out with any in the last year, or had any Irish friends step back from you?

I often, when I get this line, or any 56, step back to consider where I am 'the wanderer'. Also, where am I blazing a visible trail on the mountain, and do I want to do this?

In your case here, and myself being Irish, I can see how this line is telling you, whether it is homes, friendships, jobs, that Ireland has given you something of value, a "lodging and a servant", and that there are cultural things that you are not getting or aware of; that these things are probably to do with social manners, sense of humour, not taking ourselves too seriously (especially this one in Dublin, slagging/ribbing capital of the world ;)), with accepting people and being human, being imperfect.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).