...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 55.6 changing to 30 about potential new relationship

Mestena

visitor
Reaction score
A longtime friend of mine recently admitted that he has romantic feelings toward me. We are good friends, and I find him attractive. He has a lot to offer and is a wonderful human in many ways. He has been single for quite a long time, and I assumed he was a dedicated bachelor, so I never considered something beyond friendship with him, until he confessed his feelings for me.I asked the Yi if this man and I would be compatible mates. I pulled hexagram 55 line 6, which changes to hexagram 30. How might this be interpreted?

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mestena The casting/ answers from Yi, appear to reflect elements of the story you have shared.........Benson translates hexagram 55.6 as:"He realises that greatness is only an illusion. Eventually the truth will come out and he will lose status and wealth." - This sounds like your friend, and how you have perceived him as a dedicated bachelor...except now he has admitted having feelings for you, and if indeed he partners up with you he may have to forego some of his status and wealth by sharing it with you.....Furthermore, I have come across hexagram 30 as translating to; clarity - darkness clinging to fire/light and therefore making the light appear brighter.......it sounds like he is attracted to your fire and/or light. His intentions towards you are now clear...and you are attracted to him, but since you asked if you would be compatible mates, I wondered if there is some hesitation from you based on the feeling or fear that you might eventually cling to him too much, or that he might cling to you too much?....For some reason, The Great Gatsby movie has come up in my head and the song 'Young and Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey if that means anything to you.Best wishes,MP247.

D

diamanda

if this man and I would be compatible mates
55.6 > 30

The line describes a secluded household, and someone who is materially greedy and self-centered. If this situation sounds appealing to you, and you feel you're a similar type of person, then yes you are compatible. If you're not like that, then you won't be compatible or happy with this man.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).