...life can be translucent

Menu

"What if I check in on him?" and Yi's answer, 39.1.3.5 to 24.

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

"What if I check in on him?" and Yi's answer, 39.1.3.5 to 24.

Does this casting sound favourable for checking in on someone?

This is regarding a friend with whom I have a casual intimate relationship, who is going through a difficult time.

I am of two minds...

one is that I need to give him time and space to go through this on his own and with those he may be closer to ...and the other is this hexagram casting...that I check in on him and let him know that I care etc.

This casting for me sounded favourable to check in.

39.1.3.5 to 24 Limping to Returning

Line 1
'Going on, limping; coming back, praise.'

Line 3
'Going on, limping; coming back, turnaround.'

Line 5
'Greatly limping; partners come.'

Returning, creating success.
Going out, coming in, without anxiety.
Partners come, not a mistake.
Turning around and returning on your path.
The seventh day comes, you return.
Fruitful to have a direction to go.'

Therefore, I appreciate insight from seasoned yi readers.

MP247.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is regarding a friend with whom I have a casual intimate relationship, who is going through a difficult time.

I don't see that it's a cast that favours going forward with your idea. Why do you think so ? There's an obstruction, a great big mountain and a lonely hard route to cross it.

To my mind this is definitely saying to give up, find another route, go home (24) There is line 5 of course which suggests that just when things seem impossible help arrives, friends arrive so perhaps it is better for you to stay where you are and wait for other sources of help to come for you or for him. Or maybe you can check he is okay in a more indirect way by connecting with mutual friends for example.

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
He ended up touching base with me last night, checking if I was alright.

We're actually both going through personal stuff and he knows about mine too but I was more worried about his...I don't know if this scenario is what the casting was about - thank you for your response! :)

MeltingPot247

visitor
Reaction score
Your post is quite accurate - I was out last night making new friends on a women's programme...when he contacted me, but I couldn't talk to him until I got home. :)

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello MeltingPot!

After reading your cast, my first impression was:
39.1.3.5 to 24 Limping to Returning
Obstructions (lack of proper communication??) will make you return.
Line 1
'Going on, limping; coming back, praise.'
You'll face difficulties if you try to take the things further. It's good to come back where the things naturally were.
Line 3
'Going on, limping; coming back, turnaround.'
The same advice of the line above with more emphasis on the difficulties.
Line 5
'Greatly limping; partners come.'
Not sure what to say about this one. Maybe after facing lots of difficulties in the communication, others (your guy?) start to help the things further.
Hex 24 invites you to "return" to your own life: interestingly, the same notion of lines 1 & 3.

Then I read it from a different and less clear angle: Hex 39 talks about the obstructions your guy faces. Lines 1 & 3 indicate that if you contact him, your guy will come back to you from the hardships. You are the partner who comes to help in the 5th line. And hex 24 shows the overall situation- he returning to you.

Two interpretations with totally opposite advice :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).