...life can be translucent

Menu

63.1.39, what should I being doing right now (a 66 year old's question)

Danubegal

visitor
Reaction score
I've had a hell of a year. 1.5 years ago my husband died, last spring I lost my well paid job, and over the summer had to sell my properties for very little money. I have enough money to survive for a few years, at least, and have a cheap rental flat in a small town, but have few friends and am a very bored. I pick up the odd bit of editing work, but it is far from sufficient and working from home (alone) is very isolating. I really need to work, both for money and my sanity, but the options for someone my age are slim. I was a university lecturer, but now all there seems to be are 'remote' jobs which pay little or require very specialized tech skills that I don't have. Basically I do not want to do them, so I guess that's what could be meant by 'already across'. I am a talented writer (I was also a successful journalist in the past) but how to use this skill and get paid is another matter. One option is to return to the US (I live abroad, in a cheap country) and live in my brother's basement and get some kind of minimum wage job. But I fear he will treat me like a homeless person, and that I will end up spending a lot of my savings, be stuck there, and unable to return to Europe.

I get frequent IC readings that I am right to hold back, but the limping in 39 is hard on me. Moreover I have no idea who the Great Man is- friends are helping as they can to put work my way, but usually when I ask for help I'm told to teach Chinese children online or something. I don't want to.

I like to think the consistency of the 'do nothing rash' readings is on my side, and that I need to pursue work that is really right for me and take my time. Am I missing anything? I am worried!

D

diamanda

Hi Danubegal,

Sorry to hear life has been so harsh for you. Before I write my take on this, a request: can you please update your old threads, as to what happened? It helps no-one to offer an interpretation, then we never know how it played out.

what should I being doing right now 63.1 > 39 The very beginning of 63. One does not cross the great river, just dips their tail in it. And better to be in the southwest (not the northeast). Best to seek help from a 'large' person.

So, as per your choices as you stated them:
  • 'remote' jobs which pay little or require very specialized tech skills that I don't have - maybe
  • I am a talented writer (I was also a successful journalist in the past) but how to use this skill - maybe
  • One option is to return to the US - bad idea

Not crossing the river, but just "dipping your tail", well, the remote / online options sound the best here. Don't know how to do it? A person in the know will teach you how to. Ideally a person in the southwest. Nowadays online digital skills are a must, nobody goes anywhere without them. I've worked with quite a lot of 'older' academics, and I'm certainly not a youngster myself. It's amazing how easy it is to learn new skills if the right person is there to help you. The tail might be just the tail of your computer mouse ;)

Danubegal

visitor
Reaction score
Apologies that I failed to respond to previous assistance. I had forgotten to use the email replies option and didn't realize I had been answered. Let that be a reminder to everyone else! Alas the situation has not yet improved- I live in isolation and have no one I can turn to for help learning digital skills. Moreover I feel that working remotely would just further isolate me, when I need to be in the land of the living, with human contact right now. I have held off making any rash decisions, but depression looms because all my old friends still work at the place I used to, and that's all they talk about, and I no longer have anything to contribute. I feel that my reading (and a more recent one) may be advising me to get out of the rut temporarily- testing the waters. What do you think?

D

diamanda

"Testing the waters" is exactly what 63.1 is about, so that sounds good. Since you say you're so isolated, perhaps try the advice of 39 - try to find someone? a friend? in the southwest.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).