...life can be translucent

Menu

Oppressive Government / brute force 34.3.4.5 to 60

AYaren

visitor
Reaction score
I just got the news that a close friend is under arrest for no viable reason except that she worked years ago in an organization that supports human rights and a more transparent society. Yes, we live under an oppressive government that has been on an ongoing purge. I asked what would be a beneficial way to read this situation that my friend find herself in and got 34.3.4.5 to 60. Any insight is appreciated!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A clue, well one clue, is to start by making a sentence out of the 2 hexagrams

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
-If it is a picture of her situation,
it does not look hopeless.

-If it is advice to you,
then it would say to limit any involvment by you that could be perceived as disruptive or like a little Ram trying to butt against the powers that be.

Luckily,
these two possible takes on it can both be correct, you can live with both.

AYaren

visitor
Reaction score
-If it is a picture of her situation,it does not look hopeless.-If it is advice to you,then it would say to limit any involvment by you that could be perceived as disruptive or like a little Ram trying to butt against the powers that be. Luckily,these two possible takes on it can both be correct, you can live with both.
Thank you Trojina for the advice and Moss Elk for the interpretation.What I gather is "Measuring" being smart about how she or me? move(s) in this situation of Great Force (which could be the police force?) Another interpretation i had in mind is : the great force is an inner force/ showing strength in face of this difficulty but not making a show of it/ being measured on the outside yet keeping the inner strength. I think that she will be fine and out(hopefully ) in a few days. Meanwhile I and our close friends will keep the inner strength and not make a scene or cry out publicly on social media etc.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I also had the possible interpretation in mind of taking the great force as an inner force/ showing strength in face of this difficulty but not making a show of it/ being measured on the outside yet keeping the inner strength

That is exactly Limiting your Ram,
and using your wits.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, I like your interpretation, I think it's better than the any I could offer really

I asked what would be a beneficial way to read this situation that my friend find herself in and got 34.3.4.5 to 60.

In 34 there's Great Strength and the Image says not to go down any routes that are not in accord with the established order at this time. So in practical terms as advice whatever one is doing with this mighty power one has in the situation it has to accord with the accepted way of doing things. That along with 60 does say to me this is all under control, nothing wild or extreme is going to happen, it's all going through with some order and containment. If it hasn't to start with in line 3 where someone just charged at a hedge it is by line 4.

Line 3 of course is a bull in a china shop, going at things too hard and getting entangled. Well I'd think that might be her but you say this arrest was down to things from years ago so maybe it is the actions of the police. Line 4 bodes well for her release and line 5 shows there can be a much more laid back easy approach from here on.

From the question I wasn't sure what angle to look at it from - you said how to read the situation she finds herself in. I have the feeling they are going to appear foolish having over reacted and just drop the whole thing. But most importantly this is a controlled reading with 60 holding and measuring all that zeal in 34.

Great Strength's Measuring - I like the sound of it

I think it will all be okay, hope I'm right. Let us know :bows:

AYaren

visitor
Reaction score
hello, I wondered about my old posts and found that I. have not updated this one.

My friend got out about 4 days later. she was shaken but alright. she said she was treated in a humane way. she also learned that all her conversations for the last 5 years were tapped into.

She shared with us that during the time she kept her spirits strong through prayer and singing.
We, on the outside, set up a communication circle, kept each other company through our fears and frustrations. the fear around whether she'll be alright and who will be next, frustration around arbitrary use of force.

i get from the reading the idea of great force being in check: us keeping our strong feelings within certain boundaries. the government using force to keep its citizens within boundaries too.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).