...life can be translucent

Menu

Name that Publication

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
I few years ago I wrote a piece of work for the course I was taking at the time which used the I Ching as a reference point for psychological process, from a transpersonal perspective. At the time my tutors suggested that I get the piece published, but it had got me a pass mark for the course and I left it there.
Recently I've been toying with the ideal of dusting it off and seeing if I can get it published somewhere. It's not a great studious piece more a comparison of what has been written on the process and how the words of the I Ching reinforce the understanding.

I'm looking for help from the community here for names of magazines, publications etc that I could send the work too in the hope of getting it published in its current simple, uncomplicated format.

Any suggestions, ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Michael

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Mike:

I don't know if you are thinking in sites like Academia.edu or Researchgate.net, I understand that you can upload your document there without cost for freely distribution. There are followers for studies about divination and I Ching. You will find even some friends of us.

Maybe asking Chris Gait will get better advise. (1)

All be with luck. And —why not?— money.:bows:

Charly

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Svenrus:

Thanks for the suggestion. Of course, SPP is a more challenging option. Not for everybody, but it's worth trying.

For those who do not know SPP, all its publications, as far as I know, come in .pdf format, freely accessible, downloadable and printable.

For getting a paper, say randomly number 240:

«Sacred Display: New Findings»
by Miriam Robbins Dexter and Victor H. Mair

... try here:
... and may enjoy it!

All the best,

Charly

S

svenrus

Charly, as it's statet: "The editor actively encourages younger, not yet well established, scholars and independent authors to submit manuscripts for consideration. Contributions in any of the major scholarly languages of the world, including Romanized Modern Standard Mandarin (MSM) and Japanese, are acceptable. In special circumstances, papers written in one of the Sinitic topolects (fangyan) may be considered for publication.Although the chief focus of Sino-Platonic Papers is on the intercultural relations of China with other peoples, challenging and creative studies on a wide variety of philological subjects will be entertained. This series is not the place for safe, sober, and stodgy presentations. Sino-Platonic Papers prefers lively work that, while taking reasonable risks to advance the field, capitalizes on brilliant new insights into the development of civilization.The only style-sheet we honor is that of consistency. Where possible, we prefer the usages of the Journal of Asian Studies. Sinographs (hanzi, also called tetragraphs [fangkuaizi]) and other unusual symbols should be kept to an absolute minimum. Sino-Platonic Papers emphasizes substance over form.Manuscripts should be double-spaced with wide margins and submitted in Microsoft Word format. Do not use the Symbol font, twenty-year-old specialty fonts for Chinese characters, or any other font that is not Unicode compliant. (Most fonts found on modern computers will be fine.) For alphabetic texts, Sino-Platonic Papers recommends The Brill.Manuscripts should be accompanied by an abstract (maximum 250 words) and a list of key words.Submissions are regularly sent out to be refereed, and extensive editorial suggestions for revision may be offered.Authors are responsible for approving the final text. No changes will be made once an issue has been published." 1)

1) (http://sino-platonic.org/submissions.html)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).