...life can be translucent

Menu

50.4 Warning or prognosis for health?

heatwave

visitor
Reaction score
I’ve recently had a series of disturbing dreams that I consulted the oracle about and received ominous readings (23.4 anyone?) that prompted me to go to the doctor. I’ve just received my initial diagnosis and am trying to stay calm. I will need to back for further procedures and testing to learn the full nature and scope of the problem. I don’t like asking health questions but I asked What approach/attitude should I take to this diagnosis/situation? 50.1.4 > 26.A few things come to mind here, the first for line 1 being addressing my diet and other stressors or toxicities (including people and clutter). Is kind 4 telling me simply that I’m not up for the task? Or that my doctors aren’t? Is my prognosis grim or am I being warned? Thanks in advance.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve recently had a series of disturbing dreams that I consulted the oracle about and received ominous readings (23.4 anyone?) that prompted me to go to the doctor. I’ve just received my initial diagnosis and am trying to stay calm. I will need to back for further procedures and testing to learn the full nature and scope of the problem. I don’t like asking health questions but I asked What approach/attitude should I take to this diagnosis/situation? 50.1.4 > 26.A few things come to mind here, the first for line 1 being addressing my diet and other stressors or toxicities (including people and clutter). Is kind 4 telling me simply that I’m not up for the task? Or that my doctors aren’t? Is my prognosis grim or am I being warned? Thanks in advance.

Cauldron's Great Restraint is what it is as a sentence. Difficult with health readings to know if the hexagrams are describing the body or the diagnosis/treatment.

But you asked what attitude to take to the diagnosis/situation and Yi seems to me to be speaking of how resources/knowledge (26) can be used within the Vessel ( body/situation). In line 1 the vessel is over turned, old stuff removed and this is good for the sake of future health. In line 4 there appears to be a danger of lack of due diligence which can result in a loss of dignity of some kind. For me that's how the line plays out - just like someone spilled their drink over you but what can it mean in this context ?

I think in your shoes I would take as, in line 1 yes something has to be removed/changed but the manner in which it is done must be quite carefully examined by you. Be cautious about agreeing to treatments before you are quite sure of diagnosis. Be careful over details - it's not a time to hand it all over and say 'they know best' it's a time to make sure they really do know best so keep your antenna awake and don't agree too quickly to things. The 26 makes me feel there are adequate resources and expertise available to you but make sure you get the best of that expertise.

So hard with a reading like this for a health matter and the last thing I would want you to do is become fearful or distrusting of your Drs but perhaps make sure you stay in the driving seat of what happens next.

Of course line 4 might refer to your body's own processes. Line 1- it may be ridding itself of toxins but in line 4 you feel the effects of those toxins coming out. If you think of vomiting it is both lines and 4 - you rid your belly of the rubbish but you also soil your person in the act of vomiting literally.

In general though I think the message of line 4 is very much 'be careful' and as you have line 1 also I think it might be 'be careful of how that vessel is over turned'.

But I don't think you should worry unduly about this cast as there are good indications also.

heatwave

visitor
Reaction score
Trojia, thank you for your response.

I've been busy but wanted to follow up after the procedure I had today. During the biopsy there was a mishap with the scalpel that was (apparently) caused by my movement even though I was instructed to cough hard. The doctor ended up taking two biopsies but didn't tell me whether that was because there were two abnormalities or because of the initial mishap. Anyway, she decided to estimate the area to sample so I'm hoping this works out favorably for me. Could the biopsy be line 1 and the mishap line 4? That's what is coming to my mind.

You said there are good indications also. Where do you see good indication? The doctor wasn't terribly communicative today. It's tempting to consult further but I just don't know if I should. I'm wary of the answer causing anxiety.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've been busy but wanted to follow up after the procedure I had today. During the biopsy there was a mishap with the scalpel that was (apparently) caused by my movement even though I was instructed to cough hard. The doctor ended up taking two biopsies but didn't tell me whether that was because there were two abnormalities or because of the initial mishap. Anyway, she decided to estimate the area to sample so I'm hoping this works out favorably for me. Could the biopsy be line 1 and the mishap line 4? That's what is coming to my mind.

Might be. You mustn't be afraid to ask or speak up, it's your body. If she took 2 biopsies I think it is reasonable to ask why. Better still could you go with someone, friend or family member so if your attention is taken up with procedure etc they can listen and also ask. I think when you're in there it's harder to ask especially if the Drs are uncommunicative.

As I said before I think one message of 50.4 is that you must take care of things on your own behalf very diligently. You need to be informed of what they are doing so you can make the relevant choices.

You said there are good indications also. Where do you see good indication? The doctor wasn't terribly communicative today. It's tempting to consult further but I just don't know if I should. I'm wary of the answer causing anxiety.

I can't make predictions on medical matters that would be unethical, I don't know. What I meant was although I feel 50.4 is asking for great precision and care in handling the overall picture looks quite robust to me, like I said here

But you asked what attitude to take to the diagnosis/situation and Yi seems to me to be speaking of how resources/knowledge (26) can be used within the Vessel ( body/situation). In line 1 the vessel is over turned, old stuff removed and this is good for the sake of future health.

Overall it gives me the impression of a pretty robust vessel which I'm inclined to see as your own body. The question is quite general - you asked about the situation and you have 2 very sturdy robust hexagrams - speaking on an impression level.

The vessel, a cooking pot, an opportunity to combine ingredients for something new and to go on to the next level following 49, big changes (just made me wonder if you were menopausal ?) and as a sentence this is 'The Vessel's Great Taming' this vessel has many resources held within it - it's sturdy and has enough stored energy to remove that decaying matter in line 1 for a fresh start. I have the idea it's also strong enough to stand a few mishaps (line 4 - the illness itself ?) along the way.

That's looking at the reading as about your body. If I also look at it as about the treatment again it seems there are plentiful resources to cleanse and renew the vessel. So in answer to your question about where I see good indications I guess it's from the whole picture. I do think you should aim to be as clear as possible about what is going on though.

It's also possible that line, the upset vessel is your illness itself rather than something in the future. This is messy for you isn't it ? Do you feel like the prince in line 4 who's stew is spilled all over him ?

In some way your body let you down and you are trying to cope with the indignity of it all - perhaps it is more useful to see it that way ?

It's tempting to consult further but I just don't know if I should. I'm wary of the answer causing anxiety.

I know what you mean. Perhaps if you do ask further make the questions quite specific so you can take the answers in smaller chunks. Bear in mind Yi is not fantastic for medical questions it can be hard to interpret so it is better not to be too affected by any answer you get.

heatwave

visitor
Reaction score
I think as I wait for results I will keep a list of questions as they come to me so that I don't forget at the next phone call or appointment when the situation can be stressful. I suppose depending on the results I could also get a second opinion. I don't think I would like having someone accompany me to appointments like this.

I am in my 20s, so I hope I'm not menopausal. It is interesting that you say that though since this is related to reproductive health. Thank you for your read and overall impressions. I do see what you mean by sturdy. And you're right of course. This has been physically and emotionally messy. I'm trying to grow spiritually through the discomfort and not completely succumb to anxiety. Taking care of my body on my own behalf (as you say) is one thing I do find helpful.

One day at a time for now!

heatwave

visitor
Reaction score
Update!

After all of that, the biopsies came back normal. The underlying issue is still present but will just be monitored over time.

*sigh of relief

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).