...life can be translucent

Menu

success of interview 16>12

B

becalm

I went for an interview for a job in a child caring industry. Something didn't feel right about it when I was there and when I left even though they did seem quite interested in what I had to say and what I was looking for.What do I need to know about the success of my interview Hex 16.5.6>12Both lines say to me that things don't look good for my success - my Enthusiasm is Blocked

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Well, it could simply be mirroring back to you your own feelings in order to give you a chance to evaluate whether your response really is rational. But otherwise, yeah, it an't a great omen.

B

becalm

Thanks rosada - thinking it could also be they're not sure which role I'd be good for - I don't have a lot of experience working as a supervisor but also probably too much knowledge and experience to work under one at the same time.....perhaps that's what the feeling was - they were just unsure where I could 'fit in'.

B

becalm

Either way they have got back to me......What do I need to know about their lack of communication re my interview success (or not)24.4>19They taking their time to think about it Line 4 and will get back to me in due course Hex 24 - they will approach when they know what they have to offer me and don't want to do it too soon.

B

becalm

They did get back to me a couple of week later and gave me some tips about how I could have done better at the interview, however after processing what they said I realised for some reason they 'found' an excuse not to hire me. Don't know why though. Her words were something like 'We loved you and thought you'd be great working for us but you didn't wear a skirt and stockings' and other still things like this. Not sure why I'd dress like that when the job was working with children. I dressed smartly just not in a skirt and stockings......who knows!!

GreenHazel

visitor
Reaction score
They did get back to me a couple of week later and gave me some tips about how I could have done better at the interview, however after processing what they said I realised for some reason they 'found' an excuse not to hire me. Don't know why though. Her words were something like 'We loved you and thought you'd be great working for us but you didn't wear a skirt and stockings' and other still things like this. Not sure why I'd dress like that when the job was working with children. I dressed smartly just not in a skirt and stockings......who knows!!
It sounds like you dodged a bullet by not having that job! Dear God, I would have been outraged hearing that nonsense.

ontheroad

visitor
Reaction score
It sounds like you dodged a bullet by not having that job! Dear God, I would have been outraged hearing that nonsense.
Pretty funny tbh!! I remember one of my children saying that it was discrimination!! Not sure they'd get away with saying it now even though it's not a lot of years later - so much has changed in respect to this sort of thing in a very short time, hasn't it????!!!

GreenHazel

visitor
Reaction score
Indeed. And thanks God. My boss ( a woman!) used to tell me to let my hair down my shoulders before going to clients. It did embarass me back then (many years ago) but I didn't know how to reply. Today I would say something for sure.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).