...life can be translucent

Menu

What should be my takeaway from this chain of errors? 28.2.3.5-?16

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
I was recently caught up in a chain of errors for a client's project. It was the sort of thing where I was the front line/face of the problem, but my role in it was that I didn't catch the error made by the person who was responsible for the piece of information. However, he's the manager of the project and my supervisor, not the other way around, and I don't check his work. Still, it would have been ideal if I had noticed the problem and corrected it before it was public. I ended up in a weird situation where the vibe is that it is my fault and I ended up apologizing. I don't think there will be any serious repercussions for me from this but it doesn't feel nice, if that makes sense.

I asked two separate questions. The first, "What should I do about this?" 47.2.5->16

I asked this immediately after it happened and the two lines were fairly clear to me. 47 usually signifies some situation where a lot of the anxiety and feeling of oppression is self-generated; I am beating myself up over this, and could stop feeling so oppressed if I just got a handle on it. Also an accurate picture of the situation: "There are words, not trusted." They gave me an inaccurate set of words to use. Line 2 told me I should make amends and apologize ("thank offerings") to the bureaucrats, in this case my bosses. Line 5 sort of says the same but also that there's an element of being the scapegoat to the whole thing, or a sense of unfair oppression.

Based on that reading, I quickly apologized and took more blame than I should have, which seemed to ameliorate them. It was definitely the best of course of action, though I've since gotten a nice but patronizing message from someone higher up suggesting how I can improve on catching things (with no mention of the core error from a boss which led to the issues. Oh well.)

Still feeling bad about it several days on I asked, "What's the takeaway from this for me?" and got 28.2.3.5->16.

This seems to just be Yi saying this came out of pressure and stress (28) and if I had more time/fewer other things to juggle, I might have caught the error. Line 3 emphasizes this. I'm less sure of 2 and 5 but it seems to be suggesting no great harm will come from this odd chain of events ("no blame no praise" in line 5) and that I should quit focusing on it ("nothing that does not bear fruit" in line 2).

I would love insight on how 16 is playing into this. I received 16 many times recently in the lead-up to landing a jawdropping deal I did not expect to get (and which makes it all the weirder personally than I keep focusing on this problem with the smaller client/job, which didn't even originate as my fault. Augh!)

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Oh also one more detail that's neither here nor there perhaps, but adds insult to injury. I did flag the error as something odd before it went out. But only the lower-level boss responded and she didn't correct it, and it was time sensitive, so I assumed it was OK and proceeded (I don't get a sign off on every step anyway).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure you needed to take the blame. Here's a recent 47.2 experience of mine from wiki where the answer really made a difference to me. I didn't give in to the officials I feel I 'handled' them. I don't think these authorities in line 2 and 5 need be taken too seriously

I took a new pair of boots back to the supermarket as they had a slight fault and exchanged them for another pair. On getting home realized I had left my NHS insoles in the boots I'd returned. These aren't easy to come by so I dashed back to the shop to see if I could get them back. The girl on customer service rang through and asked someone to check but they said they weren't there. I asked them to double check but they said there was no hope, if they weren't there they weren't there. Came home but was quite sure I had left those insoles in the boots. Asked Yi if I stood any chance of recovering those insoles - Because I received this line I thought perhaps I needed to schmooze the scarlet sashes, at least it seemed to me it was worth trying to get around them, the shop staff, so I rang back later and got through to a manager who found the insoles within 5 minutes. This was a case where Yi definitely changed my course of action. 'Scarlet sashes come from all directions' felt very much like the rotation of staff which eventually got me back the insoles ! As practical advice for this line then I think it's worth juggling the scarlet sashes. (Trojina

Yes they are authorities - all those kinds of authorities that say 'you can't take more than 3 items into the changing room' and all that kind of stuff but you can handle them, play them at their own game. I didn't schmooze too much but I did have the sense that the guy who found them for me felt superior to or the girl that earlier had only pretended to look and actually in a way I could exploit that. It seemed clear to me he didn't think much of her - if she said the insoles had vanished he'd prove her wrong !

I think the lines are all about those kinds of authorities - they don't hold real power themselves , they merely perform their duties and there are ways around them. Now somehow in the midst of all those kinds of workplace authorities you became the sacrifice - and then there's the 16 in both readings. The 16 is you, the place from which you are acting in both answers so what does it say ? First thing that comes to mind is you're keen, full of energy, ready, ready to deal with it - and 16 is so much not 47 isn't it.

My picture of you is a bright fizzy spark full of inspiration being sort of dampened down by all this. I also thought the readings might be a call to subdue yourself or maybe not be quite so ready to come forward and say 'hey it's me over here my fault' but that's just a thought.

Still feeling bad about it several days on I asked, "What's the takeaway from this for me?" and got 28.2.3.5->16.

This seems to just be Yi saying this came out of pressure and stress (28) and if I had more time/fewer other things to juggle, I might have caught the error. Line 3 emphasizes this. I'm less sure of 2 and 5 but it seems to be suggesting no great harm will come from this odd chain of events ("no blame no praise" in line 5) and that I should quit focusing on it ("nothing that does not bear fruit" in line 2).

I would love insight on how 16 is playing into this. I received 16 many times recently in the lead-up to landing a jawdropping deal I did not expect to get (and which makes it all the weirder personally than I keep focusing on this problem with the smaller client/job, which didn't even originate as my fault. Augh!)

Well my impression is a mismatch of energies for you in the workplace. I don't know you but I sense with these casts you are quite a fizzy person, energetic and inspired - I think you said you have much fire in your birthchart (well baby Mulberry does anyway) these casts look like your own bubbly fizzy zippy energy is quite oppressed and dampened down by the work circumstances and that maybe you should look at that as it could get you down.

Looking at the 28.2.3.5>16 perhaps it's time to switch it around and ask not what you did wrong but what that place does to you ? I get the feeling you need more free reign, you need to be able to act and take decisions more freely. It is confining for you to for your energies to be so hemmed in.

There are a number of ways to see these readings - my impressions as I type is that you would benefit by turning this around.

1. Who are these officials anyway ? You conform to them outwardly by necessity as I did with the unhelpful girl and the boots but they don't really have any real authority. Perhaps you believe in them a bit too much or something ? You don't need to believe in them you can actually 'handle' them.

2. What about who you are and how you work ? Does that place suit you ? How can you comfortably be more you there so you don't feel weighed down. I think you should maybe let your inner 16 out a bit more. Currently I don't think their energy matches yours.

I know I have gone wider than the question - just some ideas to supplement your own.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Trojina! I'm sorry for my long delay in getting back to this thread. It's funny you mention the dampening of spirit. I think you're on to something with this, but the nuance of it is that my boss at the project, who was promoted into that position a few weeks (well, now months) ago, has gone from being a joyous person who I loved working with to someone who is a bit crabby and sad. She's just overworked and it's taking the spark out of her. They have her working 60+ hours a week (legal in America). I think—hope—she's well compensated, but it's not sustainable and cracks are beginning to show, which is of course impacting me and everyone else who reports to her as well.

In terms of this actual problem I posted about—it has long blown over. Things in other areas of my life are going well and I haven't been focused as much on this client/job (it's just a part time freelance thing anyway, no benefits, etc.)

I also thought the readings might be a call to subdue yourself or maybe not be quite so ready to come forward and say 'hey it's me over here my fault' but that's just a thought.

I think you are 100% right on this, Trojina, and it is maybe the heart of the actual reading (the 47.2.5 one). Also playing into this interpretation of the reading is that right now I'm in a very fortunate phase of my life, and this is a job I could walk away from (but I'd rather not because it is--usually--easy and it is well-compensated). I think I collapsed into a 47ish tunnel vision in which I failed to see how much I was overreacting and blaming myself.

Thank you again!

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Also, you are right—I'm not as fiery as Baby Mulberry who has many fire planets and all of them also placed in fire houses, but I do have my share of Aries and Leo. :)

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
What should I do about this?" 47.2.5->16

Hex 47: Search within you to find what is really troubling you about the whole matter.
line 2- don't beat yourself up about it
line5 - shake it all off , slowly and carefully
Hex 16: And then you'll find what you need for the future.

What's the takeaway from this for me? and got 28.2.3.5->16

Hex 28: Understand how you behaved in this crisis and how to better trust yourself next time
line 2- discover how your behaviours contributed
line 3- discover what contributes to a situation overwhelming you
line5 - identify the ways in which you can stand strong in your own beliefs
Hex 16: And then you'll find what you need for the future.

Good Luck

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).