...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 31.5.6 >56 ? But also for learning.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi :) Happy Holidays. I’m sharing this post because I do have a question, the answer is not clear but also to help deepen my understanding of the language of Iching. I asked: I feel it’s time to share my poetry with a group of writers. How will it be received? (An influential group of peers) And received 31.5.6 > 56In reading wiki wing : line 5 feels like it’s a centered solid decision. Line 6 a bunch of pretty words. (Which in this case is a good thing)But reading other definitions line 5 is an illusion and can’t be influenced. Line 6 words that mean nothing. (Paraphrasing) I’m honestly just curious how you would read it? How do I make sense of all the contrary definitions and find the truth that is speaking to me? How do you cut through the noise and find the heart of the answer? Thank you!!!Chelsa

D

diamanda

Hi Chelsa, happy holidays to you too.

I quite agree with your interpretation.

How will it be received? (An influential group of peers) 31.5.6 > 56
They will shrug their shoulders, a pretty bunch of words, and they won't dwell on it.

Saying that, there's a misconception that artists do care about other upcoming artists. I've met so many artists of various disciplines over many years. The vast majority of them (if not all) are totally self-centered and only care about how to showcase their own work/self best - and how to acquire flying monkeys.

How about you ask a question about in what manner to connect with that group? As in, how to gain influence (if that's what you're after). The world of art is a dirty place as you might already know... Talent by itself is not enough.

How do I make sense of all the contrary definitions and find the truth that is speaking to me? How do you cut through the noise and find the heart of the answer?
Lots of different skills and experience needed for that! Additionally, the more emotionally involved we are in the question, the harder it gets to see the answer.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you sooo much Diamanda!!! Very much appreciate your help. Welp I sent my poems and they were VERY well received. I did take this advice as I wasn’t sending this from my heart. (Line 5) something about my words was missing true influence. I meditated on my poems and then re-wrote making changes that felt more raw/primal and less trying to be fancy (line 6) and sound pretty. The result was a good reception. I appreciate your steering me in the right direction. Plus it felt good to speak straight from my heart rather than trying to be “impressive”. Your advice helped me to weed through all the definitions and arrive at that conclusion. Xo

F

Freedda

Chelsa, looking at your query about how your poetry will be received by a group of writers - and the response 31.5.6 > 56 ....

A few names for hexagram 31 are 'Reciprocity' and 'Coming Out of Oneself.' I think they both apply to your situation.

Using your creativity, joy, inner stillness and strenght, you've completed a body of work - your poems - and you now want to share them with others. It's quite natural to want to do this, but at the same time it's also quite natural that you don't want others messing with them - which critique by others (or at least your fear of it) can seem like.

It's as if you're presenting your newly birthed creations or 'children' to the world and some of the other moms and dads are saying, 'maybe you needed to replace those two blue eyes with red and violet ones,' or 'don't you think that left hand would be better off with only for fingers?' ... and so on ... Or at least that might be what you fear could happen.

So, perhaps another way to think about it is to set aside the praise/blame, good/bad model and instead see it as: you are sharing your creations with others and in return the universe is offering you other perspectives, possibly new ways of seeing, or new directions or next steps.

I know (from experience) that this will probably not be easy to do, so you may need to 'step outside' of yourself a bit - to be a bit more curious and adaptable, but to also set some boundaries around being too immediately accepting of what others think - perhaps to see 'feedback' and 'criticism' through the different lens of Reciprocity.

I hope that's of some use to you.

Best, David

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you David. Very helpful. Your interpretation hit upon a key fear within me. Your use of the words ‘coming out of myself ‘ is very helpful and also very difficult to do. It’s not so much that I fear criticism it’s that I too readily accept it as truth, overthrowing my own opinions for those of others. This leads me into constant performance to an invisible audience thus shielding my light and depriving me of influence. I think that’s what this reading was reminding me of. Words only have influence when they spring from the soul. Not when they play it safe and shield themselves behind veneers that seek to impress others for their own selfish purposes. In my case recognition of my worth so that I can feel value too. Which comes full circle to your interpretation. I could not be open and recriprical because I was hanging my value on the feedback of others. Thank you for your interpretation it deepened my own understanding of myself and the iching through allowing me to dive back in and contemplate more deeply upon this reading. :)

D

diamanda

Words only have influence when they spring from the soul.
That's true - to a point. It's not realistic to presuppose that the majority of people out there are very intelligent, soul-led, truth-led people. Not everyone thinks or feels in the exact same manner. There are very large amounts of people out there who are immature, stupid, ruthless, heartless, fake, etc - and they usually hold positions of 'authority'.

Who would you like to influence? People similar to yourself? If yes, how do you know that those people you submitted your work to are similar to yourself?

Or would you like to become famous? A different skill-set is required for that, with kissing up being a prime component. It's dangerous to confuse success with actual worth.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi :) I sat with these questions for a while because I wasn’t certain of the answer. True- we can’t presuppose how a person will be influenced. It is my belief though that when the words we use spring from the depths of us then they have influence. Or at least as much influence as we are able to contribute depending upon where we’re at in our journey and who else resonates with the message (whether triggering or responsive opening) Because I believe words used from the heart speak a deeper language beyond our ego. If I’m honest I’m not seeking fame. I am a novelist under a pen name and have achieved a modest success. A success I’m happy with. But my poetry is under my name and the embarrassing truth is I was seeking recognition of my worth as an artist. There’s a large part of me that is needy for others to tell me I’m good enough. I think that’s why the answer 31.5.6 spoke so deeply to me. It reminded me to get in touch with my truth and put it out there. It gently nudged me to shy away from my ego and the gains I would receive to bolster my worth and instead speak from the flow inside me. I agree there is a lot of ego in the creative world. And we’re all doing the best we can. My best or at least the one I’m holding myself to is to lead with as much truth and honesty as my ego will allow. :) thanks for your helpful responses.

Surfergirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi :) I sat with these questions for a while because I wasn’t certain of the answer. True- we can’t presuppose how a person will be influenced. It is my belief though that when the words we use spring from the depths of us then they have influence. Or at least as much influence as we are able to contribute depending upon where we’re at in our journey and who else resonates with the message (whether triggering or responsive opening) Because I believe words used from the heart speak a deeper language beyond our ego. If I’m honest I’m not seeking fame. I am a novelist under a pen name and have achieved a modest success. A success I’m happy with. But my poetry is under my name and the embarrassing truth is I was seeking recognition of my worth as an artist. There’s a large part of me that is needy for others to tell me I’m good enough. I think that’s why the answer 31.5.6 spoke so deeply to me. It reminded me to get in touch with my truth and put it out there. It gently nudged me to shy away from my ego and the gains I would receive to bolster my worth and instead speak from the flow inside me. I agree there is a lot of ego in the creative world. And we’re all doing the best we can. My best or at least the one I’m holding myself to is to lead with as much truth and honesty as my ego will allow. :) thanks for your helpful responses.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).