...life can be translucent

Menu

Please Help.. I need to make a decision fast – Hex 16.1.3.4 > 36

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate your insight on something.. I am having some financial difficulties lately and so started to apply for full time jobs. I had several interviews this week, but nothing has panned out yet. I'm thinking at least two of them will still be possibilities. But have no idea the timeline for when they are looking to hire, I just imagine it would be in the next couple of week after Christmas.

That being said I was also just offered another opportunity. It would be to go away on an artist's residency (again). This would be the second time in the last 6 months, though this is a new place I've never been that's supposed to be very good. They had me on a wait list, and it seems someone dropped out so they told me I was accepted kind of last minute.

Anyway, my conundrum is that it does cost money to go (though they have offered a stipend for financial difficulty), and of course I would have to arrange for someone to sublet my apartment and for cat care very quickly. In the past people have done "Go Fund Me" or Kickstarters for this very residency (because it's somewhat expensive), and they have had luck. This makes me nervous, because I have never done one before and am already in a financial pickle.

So my question was "Would it be auspicious to go to residency X for the month of January?" And got 16.1.3.4 > 36

When I see 16 I always wonder if this is some kind of deluded enthusiasm?? But then 16.4 always sounds nice, like "you have more friends/resources than you think." I don't know what 36 is about. Am I hiding my light somehow but considering NOT doing this??

Anyway, another option might be to ask them to do a shorter stint (2 weeks instead of a month) or ask them to put me back on the wait list for a later date. I am not sure what to do in light of the possible job opportunities I have coming up.. there are no guarantees there though, so I have no idea if this would be a good idea or not. On the one hand I may not get any of those jobs and may not even hear back from them until the end of the month, and I'd be passing up this opportunity. On the other hand I might be in trouble if one of them wants me to start before the end of the month.

Anyway, it seems like a real pickle, and I have to make my decision by this coming Tuesday.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

:bows:

pink_panther

visitor
Reaction score
Not an expert by any means but I'll take a shot at interpreting :)

16.1 "Enthusiasm that expresses itself brings misfortune.
16.3 "Enthusiasm that looks upwards creates remorse, hesitation brings remorse"

This sounds to me that this venture is not a good fit for you. Perhaps you would regret taking this job afterwards.

16.4 "The source of enthusiam, he achieves great things. Doubt not, you gather friends around you as hair clasp gathers the hair."

Despite things not working with this current job venture, the Iching is giving you hope and telling you not to worry that you will not be lacking in other oppurtunities. It seems like others will approach you and help you out.

Best

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Pink_panther, but it's not a job. I'm asking about accepting a residency. The problem is that it might interfere with a job.

Also I wonder it line 3 is saying that hesitating accepting it is the problem. Because it also talks about remorse about a missed opportunity and to trust in my own choice more.

But yeah line 1 doesn't sound good. But reading them as a series in succession it still seems like the last one calls for me to rally friends for success.

Anyone, else have thoughts?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).