...life can be translucent

Menu

Choice of schools - URGENT (time sensitive)

BlackSwan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

My 11 yr old daughter will be starting secondary school (high school) nxt year & has been offered a place at 2 schools. One of them is requesting the acceptance & deposit to be paid to secure her place by tomorrow morning or her place will be given to another on the wait list.
Unfortunately we're struggling to make a choice so I asked Yi for some guidance:

Outcome of sending my daughter to School A - Hexagram 1 .2.3.5 > Hexagram 21

Outcome of sending my daughter to School B - Hexagram 46 .2 > Hexagram 15

My daughter has Asperger's & suffers from high anxiety, she also struggles to make new friends & has had pretty much the same school friends since she was quite young. She has made the odd friend outside the group but it's only maybe 2 or 3.

School A was my top choice up until a few mths ago; most of the girls in her year are going incl. a few of her friends, it has great facilities, after school activites, sports etc & the students regularly get high scores in their final exams.
But after a meeting with them I was put off by a few things: the choice of subjects is not great; in fact they offer much less than I myself did 20 odd years ago which I was a little shocked at. And their school ethos was very religious heavy; we are of no practising faith & up to now she has had the opportunity to opt out of religious studies, not so in this school - she will have to take religion as a subject, even children of other faiths are forced to take the subject which I just think it plain wrong. It was the norm back in my school days & I'm very disappointed it's still being upheld by some schools :/
She will also need to get a bus to school A; not a problem for now but they are changing the whole bus network in my city over the nxt year or so & with the changes there will possibly be no direct bus route & she'll have to get 2, possibly 3 buses to get there. (this is all still up in the air as they deal with complaints of cancelling bus routes)

School B has a much better range of subjects to choice from, & because it recently went from all girls to mixed sex school they increased their range of subjects even more to include more creative & practical subjects, they have more languages too. I feel very strongly about her doing at least 1 creative subject as I feel you need something you enjoy doing to get a bit of a break from the academic subjects, it's good for metal health.
This school is about a 20min walk away from home & most of the boys in her class are going but only 1 of the girls she's friendly with.

At the end of the day her happiness is the most important thing; no matter how good her teachers & education is she won't excel if she's miserable.

Unfortunately the readings above have not made it any clearer so any interpretations are most welcome :bows:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I would go with choice B.
(the 21 in choice A would steer me away, makes me think if corporal punishment. Religious schools are notorious for it.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I would go with choice B.
(the 21 in choice A would steer me away, makes me think if corporal punishment. Religious schools are notorious for it.)

It's illegal in the UK at least. If that's the only reason you think this way it's a bit random.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
But after a meeting with them I was put off by a few things: the choice of subjects is not great; in fact they offer much less than I myself did 20 odd years ago which I was a little shocked at. And their school ethos was very religious heavy; we are of no practising faith & up to now she has had the opportunity to opt out of religious studies, not so in this school - she will have to take religion as a subject, even children of other faiths are forced to take the subject which I just think it plain wrong. It was the norm back in my school days & I'm very disappointed it's still being upheld by some schools :/

If it is a school with a particular religious orientation which you don't share then I'm not sure why you would consider that school.

Sorry no time to consider the readings although I wouldn't choose a school on the basis of a Yi reading anyway. Just use the information you already have, far more reliable than trying to figure it out in readings you don't understand or handing it over to other people on the internet you don't know.

Maybe make the choice yourself and then consult - but don't base your decision on the reading especially as you are labelling it 'URGENT' as if someone else on the internet has to decide really fast about your daughter's future....not something I would want to do even if I had the time

D

diamanda

Based on logic, I would go with school B.

Based on your casts, I would also go with school B.

BlackSwan

visitor
Reaction score
If it is a school with a particular religious orientation which you don't share then I'm not sure why you would consider that school.

I don't have a choice; ALL schools (& hospitals) in my country have a tie to the Catholic church, unless they are private.

After leaving a little time to think about it maybe I am letting the religion element sway my vote more than it possibly should.
She goes to a national school at the moment which also means it's a Catholic school but her school doesn't place great importance on it & just teaches what's on the state curriculum, which she's been able to opt out of up till now.

Religion isn't an exam subject just a class she'll have to do once or twice a week. I still have a big problem with it being taught in schools at all, I feel it's a personal choice & shouldn't be forced upon anyone.
But maybe it's something I need to get over - I had to do it in school & just treated it like a non-subject.

I've been back & forth with her over this the past few days & there's been tears as she really wants to be with her friends (school A) but had a nice calm sit down with her tonight & she said her only reason for wanting A is her friends, that B sounds like a nice school she might like but she's worried about having no friends & being on her own.

I'm still going between the two so I'll have one final sleep on it before I make a decision in the morning.

Thank you all

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).